Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Election Day Thread *Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Can't vote, away from home. If it was a day later I would have gone, date probably chosen specifically *before* the mid-term starts to prevent college students voting, as usual

Would have voted for McGuinness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Ah, any chance of making it public Keith?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

strobe wrote: »
    Ah, any chance of making it public Keith?

Nope, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Nope, sorry.

Any particular reason why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I'm under 18, but happily my disinterested brother donated his vote to me! Just let him know my 1-7.

• Advertisement

Any particular reason why?

See Here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Anybody but McGuinness. Or Dana. Or Jar Jar Binks. I can't remember who she really is. Higgins has done well in the last few weeks, even if he is a bit....

Am I the only person who thinks of the oxymoron 'People's Republic' every time I see McGuinness's 'People's President' signs?

I think people are overlooking the referenda mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

See Here

Well Lord Trollington will be voting Martin McGuinness. It's not like anyone on here know's who Lord Trollington really is. I'm still hiding behind a forum user name.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Up until Monday I was going to vote for Gallagher, but only just.
    Back I go to Micky D now.
    Best of a woeful bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

eth0 wrote: »
    Can't vote, away from home. If it was a day later I would have gone, date probably chosen specifically *before* the mid-term starts to prevent college students voting, as usual

Would have voted for McGuinness

If you aren't willing to run the risk of having to travel a great distance, you can quite easily have the register updated to reflect where you actually live most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Why is there a wont vote option - isnt that a bit ironic?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Would have prefered to have voted 1-7, know who my first few prefernces are, I know who my last preference is. Its the few in the middle I cant decide on, so will probably end up only doing 1-3.

Agree with 'Dartz' though, think the Referenda are more important.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Why is there a wont vote option - isnt that a bit ironic?

There is a cannot/will vote option, you are all lumped in together which is a bit harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'm trying to decide which one annoys me the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Isn't it a tad bit pointless putting in the option of couldn't/wouldn't vote in this poll? Wouldn't it make more sence to see who voted for who and that's it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Dartz wrote: »
    Anybody but McGuinness. Or Dana. Or Jar Jar Binks. I can't remember who she really is. Higgins has done well in the last few weeks, even if he is a bit....

Am I the only person who thinks of the oxymoron 'People's Republic' every time I see McGuinness's 'People's President' signs?

I think people are overlooking the referenda mind.

Hmm, I really would have preferred the referenda to have been pushed back a couple of weeks (or longer). It has been completely overshadowed by the presidential election where as if it was held separately after it it would have been the main topic on Vincent Browne and Frontline and in the papers etc so at least more people would have been informed.

I can see a situation where many people will show up to vote for a president knowing everything about every single one of the goons due to all the coverage and just take a guess at the referenda while they are there and hope they voted right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Mary Davis because I felt sad nobody else voted for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

"Who did you vote for?"

No-one... the polling stations aren't open yet.

"Who did you vote for?"

No-one... the polling stations aren't open yet.

Smartass. :P
    Its to save me the bother of editing it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I'll be voting Dana.

Why? Because fu*k you, that's why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Probably Michael D. at this stage. Nobody else is suitable in my view.

As for the referendums, No to both I think.

Smartass. :P
    Its to save me the bother of editing it tomorrow.

Translation = Mammy only lets me use the internet after tea time.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Can anyone tell me why we should vote yes or no in the referendum, what will it change?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

As for the referendums, No to both I think.

As is your democratic right but i'm just wondering why you or anyone would, especially regarding Judge's pay. They should suffer just like every other citizen has suffered in this country in regards pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Michael D is the least objectionable so I'll be going with him I suppose.

phasers wrote: »
    Michael D is the least objectionable so I'll be going with him I suppose.

He's married ya know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'm voting for the person who everyone hates the most in a somewhat foolhardy attempt to correct the inherent weakness in a system where people vote because of what they don't want rather than what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The-Rigger wrote: »
    He's married ya know.
    it's never stopped me before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Degag wrote: »
    As is your democratic right but i'm just wondering why you or anyone would, especially regarding Judge's pay. They should suffer just like every other citizen has suffered in this country in regards pay.

I understood the woman's ice cream order (who says syrup when getting sauce on a 99?) but didn't have a clue what she was babbling about the referendum. So if in doubt, vote NO!

They'll do the referendum again anyway if the outcome isn't what they wanted.

• Advertisement

I'm voting for the person who everyone hates the most in a somewhat foolhardy attempt to correct the inherent weakness in a system where people vote because of what they don't want rather than what they do.

I think that's more down to an inherent weakness in the quality of the candidates as opposed to an inherent weakness in the system.

Although the system is not entirely without it's flaws either.

Advertisement