Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Election Day Thread *Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The-Rigger wrote: »
    The Gallagher vote don't fill out online polls, that is for certain, either that or his support has collapsed entirely, pretty sure it is at least some of the former.

He is on 8.75% here and 6.70% on politics.ie and similarly sh1t in all other current online polls I have seen.

Gallagher appeals to the gombeen rural Fianna Fail voter primarily over 40 and financially secure but illiterate in most walks of life. I called around to a neighbour who is in his mid-sixties and staunch FF to turn off the alarm on his mobile phone which kept waking him at 5am (He couldn't figure out a basic Nokia). We were talking about the election and I began the windup on the fecker, I totally shat on Gallagher infront of him and he got fine and sour and nearly had steam coming out of his ears that someone should condemn such a "Decent" man.

I consoled myself with the knowledge that his equals will soon enough all die off leaving more intelligent folk like myself to inherit the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Dartz wrote: »
    Y'know what happens if everyone does this?

That candidate doesn't get eliminated because they got a tonne of first preferences, your votes don't transfer and dear sweet holy God you've accidentally elected Dana.

Everyone doesn't do it though.

Dana ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Stinicker wrote: »
    Gallagher appeals to the gombeen rural Fianna Fail voter primarily over 40 and financially secure but illiterate in most walks of life. I called around to a neighbour who is in his mid-sixties and staunch FF to turn off the alarm on his mobile phone which kept waking him at 5am (He couldn't figure out a basic Nokia). We were talking about the election and I began the windup on the fecker, I totally shat on Gallagher infront of him and he got fine and sour and nearly had steam coming out of his ears that someone should condemn such a "Decent" man.

I consoled myself with the knowledge that his equals will soon enough all die off leaving more intelligent folk like myself to inherit the earth.

He isnt rid of yet :eek: Bet he appears on the voting manifest in Louth fairly soon:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Didn't bother voting today, Why? I couldn't give a fiddlers fcuk, it won't affect me who ever is president just like all the previous ones haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

He isnt rid of yet :eek: Bet he appears on the voting manifest in Louth fairly soon:mad:

thats exactly it.
    the issue ive learned over the past few weeks is not that people like gallagher are standing for election, it's that there are still enough people out there that support him to give him a platform to spout ****e, and for a second, possibly get elected.

there's a lot of people in ireland who need to get their gombeen heads examined

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Whats wrong with the Cavan "manifest"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Whats wrong with the Cavan "manifest"?
    I Dont trust the feckers !! :)
    You said you didnt vote,bit of a pity..............But why

It was a hard fought right to win back in the time and i think everyone shoud take up that right !
    always vote !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

There was an unconfirmed exit poll that put SG as the winner.

If that's the case, Ireland deserve everything it get, EU/IMF it will just prove that stupidity doesn't go unpunished! Voting in another FFer, DISASTER!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

RachaelVO wrote: »

If that's the case, Ireland deserve everything it get, EU/IMF it will just prove that stupidity doesn't go unpunished! Voting in another FFer, DISASTER!

Would be like inviting Bertie back to become taoiseach again!
    total support for FF fail back handers and Brown envelopes
    Whoorism is still alive

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Nah, I don't believe that. (not saying you're lying, just that I doubt the exit poll is accurate!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there....save us Merkozy! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Michael D will win this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

bleg wrote: »
    Michael D will win this!

Think that's what Ivan Yates has just called on Newstalk.

If Higgins has anywhere near parity with SG on 1st pref, he'll beat him when transfers are tallied.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Looking at the tallies MDH will romp home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Think that's what Ivan Yates has just called on Newstalk.

If Higgins has anywhere near parity with SG on 1st pref, he'll beat him when transfers are tallied.

I didnt vote MDH, but you'd have to question the people of Ireland if Sean Gallagher has anywhere near the 1st pref votes of him or MMG or indeed Norris.

Is it that we've forgotten the balls FF have made of this country

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

Doesn't matter, Michael D is going to walk it.

pajunior wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, Michael D is going to walk it.

Of course it fookin matters, these people are repopulating the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Tweet from Paddy Power
    In case there was any doubt - we've suspended betting on the Presidency. Congrats MDH!

http://twitter.com/#!/paddypower/status/129854029034569728

Higgins was always gonna win.. even when Gallagher appeared to lead the polls. It'll be an interesting race for 2nd & 3rd place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Tweet from Paddy Power

http://twitter.com/#!/paddypower/status/129854029034569728

Higgins was always gonna win.. even when Gallagher appeared to lead the polls. It'll be an interesting race for 2nd & 3rd place

Will there be a medal giving ceremony?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Kasabian wrote: »
    Will there be a medal giving ceremony?

http://aweirdthing.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/dastardly2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Norris congratulating MDH.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mary McAleese's reign of terror is over... Let there begin a new reign of terr....iffic things. ALL HAIL PRESIDENT HIGGINS

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Jesus wept...though the alternatives were all equally horrific!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Looking likely also that the Oireachtas Enquiry bill will get a "no".
    Good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Of course it fookin matters, these people are repopulating the country.

They haven't gone away you know. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

It looks like Michael D has it. Congrats to him.

Gallagher in second place and McGuinness in third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

hondasam wrote: »
    It looks like Michael D has it. Congrats to him.

Gallagher in second place and McGuinness in third.

Gallagher in second really confuses me, people just refuse to learn in this country.

Btw , Good afternoon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Gallagher in second really confuses me, people just refuse to learn in this country.

I did not expect gallagher to be in second place either, I thought Mitchell might have done better. Davis or Dana last, I would go with Davis.

afternoon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If MDH wins on first count, do they bother counting the transfers? I'm really interested to see how transfer friendly some of the candidates were...

• Advertisement

Absolute morons in this country. We deserve all we get at the end of the day.

Watching Bertie last night being interviewed copper fastened my view on this. We deserved what came to us.

Advertisement