Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Election Day Thread *Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Stinicker wrote: »
    If SF runs a candidate (Teresa Ferris) in Kerry South they will wreck the two gombeens Rae and Fleming, and both of them would make Gallagher look comparatively clean b contrast.

Yep, we all like Toireasa (sic).

Yum.

Ehh, also politics. She haz politics, or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

strobe wrote: »
    Yep, we all like Toireasa (sic).

Yum.

Ehh, also politics. She haz politics, or something...

What's Gerry about to do to her in that pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Thank Thor that that former terrorist, McGuinness, and that guy who has links to economic terrorists, Gallagher, aren't set to win.

Feel happy for Nulty in Dublin West though, he's a grand chap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

What's Gerry about to do to her in that pic?

He's laughing at Gallagher getting his ass handed to him on a plate by Martin McG!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ive heard every candidate concede and wish their best to michael d, except dana.

has she conceded yet? Or is she waiting on a divine intervention to deliver her to the Aras???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Freddie59 wrote: »
    I voted for SG. A genuinely nice guy, not a slimeball like some of the others in the race. Yeah he was involved in FF - so what? To see the Shinners adopting the moral high ground was sickening. What a shower of twats.

At least the electorate gave them the two fingers today. Looks like they'll get around 10% Fcuking delighted.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/90238407.jpg?f22064

Mitchell's best result in any constituency so far is 7.7%, and that's in a traditional FG area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Gallagher getting big support in Tipp North and Tipp South

And Tipperary North usually has the highest turnout of any area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

mikemac wrote: »

I wonder what county will Tipp the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

G'wan Higgins :)

What did Fine Gael expect with such a weak candidate? SF will still spin this into a victory somehow. Norris's stupidity cost him the eletion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

mikemac wrote: »

Given the love affair with Lowry thereabouts, they'd possibly return Rose West if she promised them a funfair with the worlds largest rotating replica of Fred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

I voted for SG. A genuinely nice guy, not a slimeball like some of the others in the race. Yeah he was involved in FF - so what? To see the Shinners adopting the moral high ground was sickening. What a shower of twats.

At least the electorate gave them the two fingers today. Looks like they'll get around 10% Fcuking delighted.

Love the bitterness :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Love the bitterness :pac:

Only towards the Shinners.:mad: They've the balls of a Bengali tiger. they are truly a despicable party - no two ways about it. I hope the fckers never get into power in any shape or form here - we can shut up shop if they do. MDH was my original first choice, but I liked SG more as it went on. The people have spoken and he will make a great president. I wish him well.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I voted for SG. ... involved in FF - so what? To see the Shinners adopting the moral high ground was sickening. What a shower of twats.

Thank Thor that that former terrorist, McGuinness, and that guy who has links to economic terrorists, Gallagher, aren't set to win.
    KeithAFC wrote: »
    You should thank Gay Mitchell though from saving you from Martin Mcguinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Any idiot that voted for SG can shut up the moment taxes are raised or a job is lost through the recession.

Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bit of an anti-climax in the end eh? I'm not happy about the result at all, but it was pretty predictable from Monday onwards really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Degag wrote: »
    Isn't it a tad bit pointless putting in the option of couldn't/wouldn't vote in this poll? Wouldn't it make more sence to see who voted for who and that's it?

Not really. Most people don't vote out of pure apathy. However, a "won't vote" option tells the powers that by that a voter is not apathetic, but they're protesting against the policy of all candidates. In Britain, people do the same by deliberately spoiling their ballot papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

How do you figure that the electorate gave the shinners the two fingers, I certainly don't think they did. MMcG actually polled far better than I thought he would, especially after Mitchell appeared to be kicking a puppy with his little rant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

jesus, miriam doesnt half talk some ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

I voted for MMG but congratulations to MDH, for the post that is in it he will make a fine president.

Part of the GFA is that we accept people like Sf & MMG, i do hope it is first steps to a main stream SF free from the stigma of the past.

Terrible injustices where committed by all sides inlcluding people and entities from the REP/.

Piss off, Joan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Felt I had to vote Michael D in case Gallagher got in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I swear to god, I said it 9 years ago that michael d would be president one day
    And I have witnesses though only one remembers the conversation

Around the same time I also said that Hillary Clinton would be president some day :o

retalivity wrote: »
    jesus, miriam doesnt half talk some ****e.

People who earn vast amounts of money for doing an ordinary job rarely have any interest or insight into how normal working people live. she is just another person i would not shake hands with.

I'm surprised that Davis is performing so badly.. I don't know how that can be explained. I thought she'd outdo Dana.

Norris seems to have lost 4th place to Gay 'string of misery' Mitchell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

Woop woop! Well done Michael D. Higgins, goes to show that Irish people are not 'ageist' and are actually discerning in their choices....even with the 'Adonis' candidates running - Like a fine wine we get better with age and experience really counts for a lot, and that won the day - I'm glad it was not written off as a negative...

Very happy with that outcome!

Sorry for Norris and Gay et al...but people vote based on very many things, and that doesn't mean that they don't see a 'role' just not 'that' role. People were very wise at the Pole imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

[QUOTE=DEFTLEFTHAND;75187240]Bit of an anti-climax in the end eh? I'm not happy about the result at all, but it was pretty predictable from Monday onwards really.[/QUOTE]

Never got going for me imo

• Advertisement

Dana is harmless, Davis is tained by FF. state boards and corporate investors tax exiles etc

Advertisement