Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Election Day Thread *Mod Note in OP*

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Disleksic wrote: »
    No, I am Irish.... Like the failed Presidential candidate McGuinness,you seem to think that everyone who disagrees with SF/IRA is British or West Brit. I am definitely not bitter [haha!] about the recent election results. On the contrary, I am absolutely delighted [haha!] with the IRA's poor showing in both the Presidential election and the Dublin West by-election. As an added bonus, Coco the clown's Presidential campaign has educated a whole new generation about the atrocities carried out by the IRA against Jean McConville, Jerry McCabe, Private Patrick Kelly and many, many more. Lots more people now know that the so called protectors of the Catholic population in Northern Ireland actually ended up killing more of them than the British Army and the RUC combined. It's been a great few days for Ireland.

The delusions.
      "Irish Republic" => British/British unionist/West Brit contempt for the state internationally recognised by its official name, Ireland, and its official description, Republic of Ireland: ✔
      "SF/IRA" => West Brit/British unionist bitterness: ✔
      "Jean McConville" etc => West Brit/British unionist bitterness: ✔
      Interpreting McGuinness's receipt of 265,196 votes
    more than Sinn Féin received in the last Presidential election, when it wasn't strong enough to even field a candidate, as failure => Terrible maths skills and Sunday Independent bitterness: ✔
      Interpreting Sinn Féin's
    increased vote in the Presidential Election of 13.7%, or 265,196 votes, as a "failure" when contrasted with the Sinn Féin vote in the General Election of 2011 of 9.9%, or 220,661 votes => Terrible maths skills and Sunday Independent bitterness: ✔
      Interpreting Sinn Féin's
    increased vote in the Dublin West by-election of 8.9%, or 3,173 votes, as decline on the 6.9%, or 2.197 votes, the party achieved there in the 2011 General Election => Terrible maths skills and Sunday Independent bitterness: ✔

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Disleksic

Seanchai wrote: »
    The delusions.
    • "Irish Republic" => British/British unionist/West Brit contempt for the state internationally recognised by its official name, Ireland, and its official description, Republic of Ireland: ✔
    • "SF/IRA" => West Brit/British unionist bitterness: ✔
    • "Jean McConville" etc => West Brit/British unionist bitterness: ✔
    • Interpreting McGuinness's receipt of 265,196 votes more than Sinn Féin received in the last Presidential election, when it wasn't strong enough to even field a candidate, as failure => Terrible maths skills and Sunday Independent bitterness: ✔
    • Interpreting Sinn Féin's increased vote in the Presidential Election of 13.7%, or 265,196 votes, as a "failure" when contrasted with the Sinn Féin vote in the General Election of 2011 of 9.9%, or 220,661 votes => Terrible maths skills and Sunday Independent bitterness: ✔
    • Interpreting Sinn Féin's increased vote in the Dublin West by-election of 8.9%, or 3,173 votes, as decline on the 6.9%, or 2.197 votes, the party achieved there in the 2011 General Election => Terrible maths skills and Sunday Independent bitterness: ✔

Calling everybody who disagrees with you a West Brit. Check

Lying about leaving the IRA in 1974. Check

Referring to this country as "down here" or "the 26 counties". Check

Being in an organisation which killed more Catholics than the British Army and the RUC combined. Check

Becoming apoplectic with rage when questioned about the torture and murders which were perpetrated by your organisation. Check

Looking like a clown without his make-up on. Check

Have the hard neck to present your inevitable failure as a success. Check

Congratulations Martin, you have passed the test and will be the IRA's Presidential candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone watching the inauguration? Feck sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Anyone watching the inauguration? Feck sake

Why ? is mickey D sitting on a giant platform/baywatch style lifeguard tower ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

F'sake, the amount of religious spiel involved is sickening.

• Advertisement

Post number 666

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Georgie Burgess has popped in. He seems to be behind the main lecturn to the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Post number 666

:D

A coincidence I assure you...

*polishes pitchfork* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Why are humanists afraid to call themselves atheists?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It sounds like something out of The Lord of the Rings on the radio:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Watching it now, so we have had christian, coptic christian, jewish, islamic and now a representative of the humanist association of Ireland. When the jedi representative shows up I am tuning out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Absolutely. All the singing is a pain in the @rse too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Jeasus.... just tuned in. Who died?
    Sounds like a buckin' funeral! Good fcuks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

One is an ideology/belief, the other is an organisation - just as Christians are in the Catholic Organisation.

Hurry it up Enda.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Afraid of what God will do to them.

Afraid of what God will do to them.

They shouldn't worry about it while they are alive. :D

The synchronised sign language is a nice touch

'Ireland we can be proud of'.

I see no evidence of that since 2008.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I loved Mickey D's speech. Enda's was uninspired and the rest of the ceremony was overly pompous, I thought.

• Advertisement
Advertisement