Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Election Day Thread *Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Sean Gallagher getting 8+ percent. The mind boggles.

I suppose if you are in a room of 100 people there is a chance at 8 being Fianna Failers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

flyaway. wrote: »
    Went down, with my polling card, and they said I'm not on the list. :S

Are you serious? Go back with photo ID. Ring your candidate's local support team*

*don't let this be a sean gallagher vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Mary Davis has 1 vote, 1 less than Dana.

'Less Popular than Dana, the woman who claimed assassination attempts'. I find that amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Kasabian wrote: »

I suppose if you are in a room of 100 people there is a chance at 8 being Fianna Failers.

20% on the Irish Independent poll. There's always a few. Suppose at least we can be fairly sure he wasn't involved in the "disappearance" of civilians. Step up from some candidates.

20% on the Irish Independent poll. There's always a few. Suppose at least we can be fairly sure he wasn't involved in the "disappearance" of civilians. Step up from some candidates.

If you have any evidence of that I recommend you go to the authorities, or to the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Morlar wrote: »
    If you have any evidence of that I recommend you go to the authorities, or to the media.

Probably should but Dana might fight back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Probably should but Dana might fight back.

That reply makes no sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Only if your`e in the wrong room. 1 MDH 2 MMG 3 MD

NO and NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

One thing we will learn today is that the Fianna Fail core vote don't want to leave the old ways of cronyism and corruption behind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Right, he has admitted being to second-in-command of the IRA in the 70s. There are plenty of Gardai, IRA members and MI5 operatives who would testify that he was still high up in the IRA long after that. If you think he wasn't involved in any deaths you are incredibly naive or incredibly stupid

• Advertisement

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Right, he has admitted being to second-in-command of the IRA in the 70s. There are plenty of Gardai, IRA members and MI5 operatives who would testify that he was still high up in the IRA long after that. If you think he wasn't involved in any deaths you are incredibly naive or incredibly stupid

If you have evidence go to the authorities, or the media. They would love to hear from you.

I could invent allegations against . . . say. . . . . David Norris here, thing is though, without evidence an allegation is all that it would be.

If you have evidence go to the authorities, or the media. They would love to hear from you.

I could invent allegations against . . . say. . . . . David Norris here, thing is though, without evidence an allegation is all that it would be.

Whether or not there is any evidence that he directly committed any murders, being a prominent member of the organisation as he was, he is as guilty as any trigger man

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He has 15% on the exit-poll in the politics forum. Never underestimate the idiocy of others!

Whether or not there is any evidence that he .......

We get it you are anti this candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

You do realise that the Saville report, the report commissioned by the British Government to investigate the troubles in the north, and which was the most expensive report they ever commissioned, took 14 years or something to complete, had 14 volumes, released just last year, could not show that MMG was guilty of any wrongdoing and could not tell how directly he was involved.

It was only last year that the british government apologised for their wrongdoing in the north and declared the irish, that they had considered guilty, innocent.

Move on FFS, and as suggested if you have information, go inform someone.

We get it you are anti this candidate.

We get it you are pro this candidate.
    Hasn't stopped you banging on ad nauseum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Whether or not there is any evidence that he directly committed any murders, being a prominent member of the organisation as he was, he is as guilty as any trigger man

hope you never get called for jury duty :D:D

We get it you are pro this candidate.
    Hasn't stopped you banging on ad nauseum

No, but then, I am not making criminal allegations against the candidates I dislike - am I ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Mustn't be a signing day today, the McG fanboys are slow waking up. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Following the rejection of Lisbon, the government-commissioned study published by Millward Brown found the following.

http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/Publications/Post%20Lisbon%20Treaty%20Referendum%20Research%20Findings/post%20lisbon%20treaty%20referendum%20research%20findings_sept08.pdf

I wonder was there any research after the yes vote because I don't think the electorate was that much better informed for the second referendum either.
    • Mary Davis 3%
    • Seán Gallagher 20%
    • Michael D. Higgins 40%
    • Martin McGuinness 17%
    • Gay Mitchell 5%
    • David Norris 11%
    • Dana Rosemary Scallon 3%

I've a feeling that mightn't be too far of the final result, depends really on how much the Gallagher collapse is, telling a few porkies didn't do Berties much damage after all, in 07!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ctbere

Gave my No. 1 Vote to Gay Mitchell - only man qualified for the highest position in our State. He is HONEST, and has vast experience to help get out Country working again. Cannot understand why the polls and the people cannot see this - but we live in a Democracy. We must accept and take the Good with the Bad - as it happens! Unfortunately, we are all paying for having FF in power for too long (voted in by the people of Ireland) - so I only hope that these same people of Ireland will not make the same mistakes again and vote in FF by the back-door....I don't think our fine Country could take anymore shame by that Party and their members.
    Gave my No. 2 to Michael D Higgins - another Statesman, with oodles of experience!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Role on the end of the week when we won't have to have the exact same MMG arguement for the 1,000,000th time :rolleyes:

Roll on the end of the week when we won't have to have the exact same ANTI-Martin McGuinness arguement for the 1,000,000th time :rolleyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

only fairly sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Haven't voted yet, but later this evening I will be voting for Martin McGuinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I voted Mcguinness No1 and Yoda No2.

I don't think McGuinness will win but I believe Yoda will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

1. McGuinness
    2. Higgins
    3. Norris
    4. Dana
    5. Davis
    6. Mitchell

That's how i voted. Gallagher no score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

McGuiness 1 and No and NO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Later on I will go to vote. I shall draw a large penis across the presidential ballot paper, submit it and walk out feeling happy with myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Later on I will go to vote. I shall draw a large penis across the presidential ballot paper, submit it and walk out feeling happy with myself.

Drawing a self-portrait on the ballot sheet will only mean that it is deemed to be a spoiled ballot.:D:D:D

Advertisement