Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official After Hours Election Day Thread *Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

seanor3 wrote: »
    All the candidates are f*ckwits.
    So I drew a ghost on my ballot.

Don't think any of them are ****wits at all,It takes a lot of courage and balls to put yourself out there for the public and media to go through you and your family's life with a very fine tooth comb,Don't agree or even like them all but I have to give it to them all for at least trying and doing what they believe in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

seanor3 wrote: »
    All the candidates are f*ckwits.
    So I drew a ghost on my ballot.
    Should have put it beside Gallagher as his party is responsible for most of the ghost estates in the nation.

What terrorist attack?

Telling the truth about Fianna fails sean gallagher equals a terrorist attack now :D;) Yep it might have blown his chances of lying his way to be president.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

but I have to give it to them all for at least trying and doing what they believe in.

Or in Dana's case, prostituting yourself in the vain hope of keeping yourself in the public eye, conveniently forgetting all the bull**** in your private life that would probablycome out, and then therefore hoping to use said bull**** to your gain.
    All while waving a little black book around like a manic priest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

realies wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see the posts/threads when/if MMg does well tomorrow and the reaction from the so many unionists and Fianna gaelers here, especially if Gay the tantrum Mitchel comes 3rd.

So many?

realies?

Perhaps a handful of NI / UK posters (and an armchair loyalist) who would describe themselves as culturally and politically unionist in outlook, after that I'm flummoxed tbh.

Agree on Marty Mc though, I think he'll show up well.

• Advertisement

So many?

realies?

Perhaps a handful of NI / UK posters (and an armchair loyalist) who would describe themselves as culturally and politically unionist in outlook, after that I'm flummoxed tbh.

Agree on Marty Mc though, I think he'll show up well.

Probably just me I see them everywhere :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Good evening, boards.ie.:) Here are the results of the JupiterKid jury...

1. Higgins
    2. Norris
    3. Davis

YES to Judge's pay
    NO to extra powers for Oireachtas Investigations

And last but not least, the Dublin West bye-election:

1. O'Gorman (Green)
    2. Nulty (Labour)
    3. Loftus (FG)
    4. Coppinger (SP)
    5. JFK (Ind)

Should have backed Gary Bermingham!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

#1 Norris
    #2 Higgins
    #3 McGuinness
    #4 Davis
    #5 Dana
    #6 Gallagher
    And nothing, not even a #7, for Gay Mitchell.

YES to judges pay referendum.
    NO to Oireachtas enquiries referendum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Snow White retires and the Seven Dwarves go up for election in Leprechaun Land. :)

Can it get any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Haven't gone up yet

But seriously WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is this the best we can do ??????????????????????????????????????????? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

"YORE MA 2K11 BOI" encircled in a large penis.

Yes for the judges pay.
    No for the other yoke.

Brings a tear to me eye having the right to vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

#1 Higgins
    #2 McGuinness
    #3 Norris

Yes for Judges pay

No for the other yoke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

SF's terrorist attack on gallagher looks like it worked.

Exposing Sean Gallagher for the liar he is on live television = terrorist attack?

How very fox news-esque of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

1 Higgins
    2 Dana
    3 Norris
    4 McGuinness
    5 Davis
    6 Mitchell
    7 Gallagher

No to Judges Pay. No to Oireachtas Enquires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

As its the presidential election in which the winner has no real power this is the vote of the realies.

MMG 1
    MD 2
    Dana 3
    DN 4
    MDH 5

I also voted no in the two referendums .

It will be interesting to see the posts/threads when/if MMg does well tomorrow and the reaction from the so many unionists and Fianna gaelers here, especially if Gay the tantrum Mitchel comes 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

Saw this on politics.ie
    I have just cast my vote as well;

1. Dana
    2. Sean Gallagher
    3. Gay Mitchell
    4. Mary Davis

Oh wait I just woke up it was only a horrific nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Was it just me or should information regarding the two referendums should actually have been on the ballot paper? I mean how many people actually knew the difference between Article 29 and Article 30 or whatever they were called?

Saying that, there may have been info up on the wall or something but i didn't look cause i was voting yes to both anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

KeithAFC wrote: »
    I imagine people will be too busy celebrating his failure to win. And the fact that he has realised that the ROI isn't as "Republican" as the outlook he has.

If he does not come second then he wil come third, not a bad start for a person who does not live here. anway as a ''fellow country man'' should you not be happy for him?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

MY vote from across the sea goes to Mary Davis's 2 daughters.
    They can be joint presidents, I have no qualms with 2 lovely girls at the same time & would love to have them in the Aras.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Degag wrote: »
    Was it just me or should information regarding the two referendums should actually have been on the ballot paper? I mean how many people actually knew the difference between Article 29 and Article 30 or whatever they were called?

Saying that, there may have been info up on the wall or something but i didn't look cause i was voting yes to both anyway.

It took me a few moments to see it on my Ballot Slips, but just underneath it said what the title was. From memory one said 'Judges Pay' and the other 'Oireachtas Enquiries'

• Advertisement

I imagine people will be too busy celebrating his failure to win. And the fact that he has realised that the ROI isn't as "Republican" as the outlook he has.

You imagine all you want, sure your very good at imagining things ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

As its the presidential election in which the winner has no real power this is the vote of the realies.

MMG 1
    MD 2
    Dana 3
    DN 4
    MDH 5

I also voted no in the two referendums .

You think he has a hope of coming third? :eek:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »

Going by polls here (as much as one can) He might have to fight that out with DN.

I would think with the tranfers

MDH 1
    SG 2
    DN/MMG 3

But like anyone else here i cant really say,we will have to wait till tomorrow, what you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

1 Norris
    2 Higgins

Yes to judge's pay.
    No to Oireachtas enquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I went:

1 potato
    2 potatoes
    3 potatoes
    4!

5 potatoes
    6 potatoes
    7 potatoes
    More! :pac:

Not realy.--

1 MMG
    2 MDH
    3 DN

Referanda = NO & NO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The funny thing is both sides will be happy and call it a "win"; one side will have stopped him getting into power, the other will simply say they never expected a win and the figure/place he got is proof "Ireland" is moving on. Win/win.
    Degag wrote: »

See, I don't think they should be providing the info on what the things are about when you're gone to vote; by that stage, you should have at the very least read over the info which came through your door. There was names on each one ("Judges pay" for example). After that, it's up to you to educate yourself on the wider ramifications of allowing them to alter judges wages and launch their own investigations.

On a related note, Rte teletext page 120 say on the fifth count that Higgins is winning with SG in second....and as I type that, it's wiped the page XD

K-9 wrote: »

Rereading the posts I mean Gay the tantrum mitchell 3rd from last after Dana and MDavis.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Going by polls here (as much as one can) He might have to fight that out with DN.

I would think with the tranfers

MDH 1
    SG 2
    DN/MMG 3

But like anyone else here i cant really say,we will have to wait till tomorrow, what you think ?
    I think he was referring to Mitchell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

1 mdh
    2 dn

Judge's pay: yes
    Parliamentary enquiry: no

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok, teletext page 120 is back up :S Surely the polls aren't closed yet and they can't start counting yet.

For those interested, it's MDH, SG, MMG, Mitchell, Davis, Norris, Dana according to the page >_>

Advertisement