Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moved gym,trying to replicate my old program as i dont know what else to do!

Options
  • 26-10-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

before i start, my height is 5 11 and weight 175 lb. My goal now is to get stronger and more defined looking with minimal size gains(is that possible? )

now ive moved gym and as my knowledge of exercises is a bit limited(im using youtube now :) ),i find myself a bit lost at times, and while i seem to be doing plenty i dont feel like im doing near as much as i was(had closest thing to a pt in old gym). my new gym is tiny and has only a few things in it, but has the essentials i guess

gym pulley, bench, squat rack, plenty of dumbells etc

example of current attempt of making my own program

day1
    flat bench/pull up(close grip) 10x3
    incline push bench/tri dips 10x3
    chest fly on high pulley/bicep curls 10x3
    chest curls 10x3

day2 tues
    pull up(wide)/low row(cable) 10x3(well as many as i can do :) )
    high row(cables)/shoulder shrugs 10x3
    straight overhead/ab work 10x3

my week is mon tues-gym, wed-footy , thurs fri gym, sat-rest ,sun-footy

if ive no footy i do my legs instead

if someone could have a look and maybe tweak my program so that im getting the right balance, hitting as many muscles as possible etc. also if the amounts of sets and reps are okay for what im looking for

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Yes it is possible.
    Do fewer reps in a set if you want to increase strength, especially if you want to do so without increasing mass. Sets of ten are usually for building mass. Five is good.
    You would be well advised to include squats and deadlifts. They are probably the best two exercises for increasing overall strength. You also will feel like you've done a lot if you include them, in a way you won't with the exercises you are doing.

Squat, pullup, bench, deadlift, row. If you do all these you will exercise your whole body well.

Eat lots of protein. Eat lots on days you go to the gym. Dont eat so much on days you dont. You

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

thanks for the reply Kadongy

5 reps it is so

day 2
    pull up(wide)/low row(cable) 10x3,5x3
    high row(cables) 5x3
    straight overhead/row 5x3
    deadlift 5x3
    squat 5x3

I would have to get my technique right on these, how does that look, is it okay to do the squat and deadlift at the end, should i take any of these exercises out?

my average diet(weekends i eat pretty much anything)
    i have 2 eggs for breakfast, tuna sambo for lunch, protein shake after workout and dinner that has some form of meat at least, it appears to be enough anyway

Advertisement