Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political allegiance of SU

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

PROGRAM_IX wrote: »
    From earlier in this thread.

As Polar Ice pointed out, they no longer have a Secretary General but a General Manager, but it was my understanding as a member of SU Exec last year that the General Manager would take on this and other aspects of the General Manager's job.
    That means that Derek did/will have to answer to someone about his leave.

No, he is answerable to the general manager, but they don't sign off his annual leave. If he did something bold like stole a large some of money he would be answerable to the manager, if he took a long weekend, he's not answerable to the general manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

you can't argue with logic. every man and his dog knows this.

You used the dog argument. Therefore, you lose the argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

How about I leave it up to your own reasoning? If there is any logic rattling around your tin cans.

The SU sabbatical officers are employees. Just like any employee they need prior-approval of their manager before taking annual leave/holidays. This happens in every job, you submit a proposal in writing, and they either accept or deny based on some metric, usually busyness.

The early weeks are busy weeks, in fact all term weeks are busy weeks for SU officers, at least they should be. Officers were advised that annual leave would not be entertained during such times unless in emergency. This is reasonable, there are loads of non-term time they can take holidays.

Does anyone want to offer evidence that SU officers other than daly took annual leave monday to friday during term thus far? No one? Ok I'll continue.

For those that are intelligent you would have noticed you need your boss to sign off your annual leave form. DD is president and therefore has no boss. He went campaigning to dublin on friday and was met with the dilemma of staying up on monday to do another day or return to UL.

It is accepted that he stayed in dublin (no one disputes this) on monday and did a days work for FF. I say he took annual leave ( a paid holiday day). You might dispute this, only one way to find out. I am satisfied i know the answer to this so will not be disputing it.

Question: How probable do you think it is DD stayed in dublin on monday campaigning for FF missing a days work in UL?
    How probable do you think he took a day off in circumstance he wouldn't afford other officers the opportunity to do?

well firstly if you want to convince anyone you best start off not implying they are dumb

and you have changed your story, you initially said he prevented someone from taking a day off in a similar circumstance,
    I have it on good authority DD had refused other officers time off in similar circumstances.

now your saying
    How probable do you think he took a day off in circumstance he wouldn't afford other officers the opportunity to do

you have no tangible proof and are now trying to divert attention away from it. So unless you have some proof besides the mysterious source, its not a fact, no matter how many times you repeat yourself

if you get some proof, then we might have an issue, otherwise this is just bashing

I have it on good authority DD had refused other officers time off in similar circumstances.

DD made it perfectly clear people would not be getting random mondays off to go on holidays. Therefore no one applied for a day off. DD went and took a monday off himself. Are you happy enough with that summary?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

you can't argue with logic. every man and his dog knows this.
    Where the SUPPORT Sid Where the SUPPORT
    Like I said no support don't post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

DD made it perfectly clear people would not be getting random mondays off to go on holidays. Therefore no one applied for a day off. DD went and took a monday off himself. Are you happy enough with that summary?
    You're on a roll! That's two arguments you've sabotaged for yourself :p

evidence evidence evidence?????

seriously...stop making these statements without a bit of proof, any reputable, identifiable source, written statement, anything????

Jester252 wrote: »
    Where the SUPPORT Sid Where the SUPPORT
    Like I said no support don't post

you post proof otherwise or don't post

double standards much????

freyners wrote: »
    evidence evidence evidence?????

seriously...stop making these statements without a bit of proof, any reputable, identifiable source, written statement, anything????

oh yeah here, I have his stamped holiday application form here I'll just scan in it and put in on the internet for you.

I don't see DD denying it any where, or SU officiers dismissing the entire story as baloney.

• Advertisement

I never made the claim about the holidays I don't have to prove anything.
    YOU MADE THE CLAIM YOU HAVE TO PROVE IT
    Don't post without proof Sid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

it's actually well known amongst SU circles that daley took time off to go campaigning. I appreciate that not everyone hangs out amongst the clique, but it was fairly common knowledge. It has been mentioned numerous times already on the forum and if it was false Daley would have denied it by now as he is a regular visitor of these forums.

send DD an email asking him? then you'll get your proof

send DD an email asking him? then you'll get your proof
    at this stage Sid ive had enough..you dodgin here. im reporting this and letting the mods deal with it.

under on what grounds?

Sid.

Over here.

SID!

You make a claim. You provide the evidence to back it up. It's quite simple.

You have failed to provide evidence. Therefore your claim is unsubstantiated, unfounded, unreliable.

under what grounds?

*on what grounds.

What would be an example of reasonable evidence?

under what grounds?

you have been asked to provide evidence for your accusations..you refused numerous times by dodging the question, or saying why dont you do it for me. That isnt how things work and you well know that
    your going round in circles at this stage its just tiring,

Anything that has credibility outside of your ramblings.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Report away. You'll be laughed at.

something that did not come from a "source"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

Dunno why you're getting so worked up over his source, it's definitely true.

Something to back up your claim...

This may take a while people.

horsemeat wrote: »
    Dunno why you're getting so worked up over his source, it's definitely true.

Just so you know it not the fact DD took a day off
    It the fact that Sid says he is not letting others take days off

CairanMT, Jester252, freyners, nockz I have contacted my source and they do not wish to be named on this forum. If any of the SU officers refute my claim I will withdraw my 'accusation' if I cannot provide proof to the contrary. In the absence of such rebuttal, I see no reason people can't be exposed to this.

If you are hoping to blow the SU wide open with this I just like to point out one little thing that you are missing.
    yes you do have the mystery source more then likely someone on the inside who has had enough with the SU evil plans
    but what you don't have it the hard evidence that will take down Daly and his crew. more then likely got when your source only had 5 minutes along to hack into Daly computer and download the evil plan on a flash drive with only second for him/her to exit before Daly caught them
    Am I right

CairanMT, Jester252, freyners, nockz I have contacted my source and they do not wish to be named on this forum. If any of the SU officers refute my claim I will withdraw my 'accusation' if I cannot provide proof to the contrary. In the absence of such rebuttal, I see no reason people can't be exposed to this.
    That's weird. My source said that your source doesn't even exist.

Anecdotal silliness is silly Sid.

You seriously that silly Sid? I'm insidiously insinuationg the silliness of Sid's seriousness. Seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PROGRAM_IX

It's already been said at least once that apart from Derek, most SU officers don't visit or post here much. Even Derek tends to let the discussion go without comment; I don't think he particularly cares what people on Boards think of him. And my issue wouldn't be with Derek taking that particular Monday if he booked it in advance, more if he took it at very short notice and denied anyone else the same time off. Is that what happened?

• Advertisement

No you're wrong. All I am saying is that DD has double standards, one for himself and one for his crew. You'd presume if this was untrue one of his crew or the man himself would be quick to put their record straight. Their silence is deafening. I suspect that everyone and their dogs know this is the case but only the 3 stooges above are taking it as a personal vendetta to harass me on this forum.

All I am accusing DD of doing is taking a paid holiday on a monday when he told his team they genereally speaking couldn't do the same. This is a mild charge, therefore it's even more startling no one has attempted to clear the waters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement