Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political allegiance of SU

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sweetchild

Derek doesn't approve our holidays, all sabats are notified by email when a member of the team have booked holidays, if someone has a problem with the days in question its raised at the representative meeting which happens ever Monday morning in room 2 in the union, is that enough details.

and the msbeesmart was set up during election week by my campaign team, b4 last night I didn't comment on any issues on boards.

What a person does on his holidays is their own business. Taking days holidays so u can do something u enjoy and in Derek's case its campaigning for FF. It doesn't effect what he does for the students so what the hell is your problem. Should I notify the world of boards everytime I take a day off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've deleted four posts from the end of this thread which were nothing but irrelevant crud (even by current standards).

/mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

sweetchild wrote: »
    Sid Justice, your source is completely false and complete lies. This is Aoife Kenny, Education Officer and I never review boards, like most of the current sabat team, therefore there generally is silence to your little rants.

And Derek never refused holidays during term time because I had taken personal holidays on the Friday of Week 6 and the Monday of Week 7, so go back to your source.

And also what do my PERSONAL political views have anything to do with me doing my job as in representing students on an academic front to the best of my ability. mind your own b&qs!

Oh Aoife is it? Really? how do we know this is really aoife and not just a dd puppet account. Very convenient especially in light of that fact you're supposed to already have a boards account, I should remind you that using multiple accounts to post in the same forum is particularly frowned upon in boards.ie

It's also refreshing to hear an honest reply from a SU sabbat officer. It's very reassuring to hear that the SU education officer doesn't have the time, interest or care to review a forum used by a large number of current students. How many threads on the forum this month were on education issues. I wouldn't even bother to count but I will tell you there very many on exams, timetables, sulis etc. All things considered to be part of your remit. It's a pity you were too busy having coffee or getting free tickets for parties.

The more the SU officers post on this forum the more I release how wrong we were not to vote Keith Young and Barry Kennedy in. Their counterparts in the SU seem to be completely inept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

I see you recent gap from boards didn't enlighten you in any way.

Anyway their is no political allegiance in the SU, this thread should have been closed in November. No more posts since an obvious troll was banned.
    Oh Aoife is it? Really? how do we know this is really aoife and not just a dd puppet account. Very convenient especially in light of that fact you're supposed to already have a boards account, I should remind you that using multiple accounts to post in the same forum is particularly frowned upon in boards.ie

You are right there is no way of proving it is Aoife, so we can't take this to be her (she does give a reason as to why she can't access her account). The account raises good points that what people do on their holiday is up to them and because derek went campaigning that was his choice for his holiday. Students don't get to decide what holiday sabbats should take.
    It's also refreshing to hear an honest reply from a SU sabbat officer. It's very reassuring to hear that the SU education officer doesn't have the time, interest or care to review a forum used by a large number of current students. How many threads on the forum this month were on education issues. I wouldn't even bother to count but I will tell you there very many on exams, timetables, sulis etc. All things considered to be part of your remit. It's a pity you were too busy having coffee or getting free tickets for parties.

Actually it was refreshing to see you banned for a while. The sabbats do give honest answers. They are not required to review a random forum online regardless of the post by students (I would also like to point out there is no way of proving these are students posting on this forum much like you can't prove the education officer was the last poster). If you want answers the best way is to either contact the sabbat officer (in person/call/email) or visit the SU website.
    The more the SU officers post on this forum the more I release how wrong we were not to vote Keith Young and Barry Kennedy in. Their counterparts in the SU seem to be completely inept.

We? are you more than one person? Don't speak for students when you don't have that right (nor will you since you don't want to run for a sabbat position). Students choose their sabbat officers and you can't prove that Keith Young or Barry Kennedy would have done as good or better job.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

The thing is students didn't vote for me or keith. We could have been better, the same or worse - it doesn't matter. That's the way democracy works and we have to go with it.

If you're not happy with how the su is being run there are mechanisms that allow students to dictate su policy (the way it should be). These include class reps council, general meetings and, if necessary, a referendum (there's probably a few other methods now but i'm not too well up on the news system). The sabbats are there to serve the interests of students.

• Advertisement

reunion wrote: »
    I see you recent gap from boards didn't enlighten you in any way.

Anyway their is no political allegiance in the SU, this thread should have been closed in November. No more posts since an obvious troll was banned.

Lol, mortified for ya.
    Actually it was refreshing to see you banned for a while. The sabbats do give honest answers. They are not required to review a random forum online regardless of the post by students (I would also like to point out there is no way of proving these are students posting on this forum much like you can't prove the education officer was the last poster). If you want answers the best way is to either contact the sabbat officer (in person/call/email) or visit the SU website.

really, sabbats usually given honest answers. You obviously weren't following the story on money being transferred from one SU account to another.

I don't know why I bother responding to these posts, they obviously don't have any genuine merit, nobody could be that stupid. What you're attempting to do is rationalise AK's behaviour to suit your argument. AK has stated that she ignores boards because she is too important. I say it's not very appropriate behaviour for a SU officer because there are many genuine education matters discussed. You say if students have an issue they should email her directly. Surely that demonstrates the major flaw in the system, people with queries relating to failing modules and all that jazz are going to boards.ie and not the education officer for confirmation / advice. If the education officer actually did their job correctly they would keep an eye on this forum and respond in the relevant threads as appropriate. How can you say this isn't true?
    We? are you more than one person? Don't speak for students when you don't have that right (nor will you since you don't want to run for a sabbat position). Students choose their sabbat officers and you can't prove that Keith Young or Barry Kennedy would have done as good or better job.

Yes we, it wasn't just me who voted for those two candidates. Unfortunately it isn't me who has the final decision but rather a vote based on majority (and I think PR). When I said We voted for Aoife Kenny that is in fact a truthful statement and doesn't imply I speak on behalf of said students, you should be more careful with what you infer. We, the student body, did vote for DD and AK.

Based on the posts on boards, it's kinda become obvious who the better person for the job would have been. As proven in the next point
    bazkennedy wrote: »
    The thing is students didn't vote for me or keith. We could have been better, the same or worse - it doesn't matter. That's the way democracy works and we have to go with it.

Case in point, excellent post. Collected, mature, fair and to the point. None of this txt-speak or frenzied nonsense so familiar with the SU officers.

However, let's not get too carried away with the democratic process. Nobody really pays too much attention to the SU elections with the exception of a few hundred people. These few 100 manage to coax about another other wise apathetic few thousand into voting. By in large, a very small minority of students vote, even with e-voting. So yes, the SU officers were elected democratically but they were also elected fairly arbitrarily. It's very difficult to tell who's a joke and who would do a good job.
    If you're not happy with how the su is being run there are mechanisms that allow students to dictate su policy (the way it should be). These include class reps council, general meetings and, if necessary, a referendum (there's probably a few other methods now but i'm not too well up on the news system). The sabbats are there to serve the interests of students.

The sabbats are there for the free cans and the student life style for free for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

It's very reassuring to hear that the SU education officer doesn't have the time, interest or care to review a forum used by a large number of current students. How many threads on the forum this month were on education issues. I wouldn't even bother to count but I will tell you there very many on exams, timetables, sulis etc. All things considered to be part of your remit. It's a pity you were too busy having coffee or getting free tickets for parties.

You do realise that Boards.ie is a private enterprise and is in no way affiliated with UL or any other university?

You do also realise that any time spent on here by Sabbat. officers is voluntary time that they spend on top of their own work?

They have no obligation to come on here and post in their capacities as officers. Would you expect a teacher to come home after work and come onto Boards to give grinds?

If people are serious enough about seeking assistance from the Sabbat officers there are myriad ways of contacting them. The first is walking into the SU.

Tbh you're doing nothing more than looking to stroke that ego of yours at this stage.

Warble warble warble

The sabbats are there for the free cans and the student life style for free for a year.

I'll let off the self-satisfaction of the rest of this post...

But I'd love to know how you'll back this last bit up?

Do entertain.

CiaranMT wrote: »
    You do realise that Boards.ie is a private enterprise and is in no way affiliated with UL or any other university?

yes, I am, more than you are.
    You do also realise that any time spent on here by Sabbat. officers is voluntary time that they spend on top of their own work?

Shows what you know, you are wrong. Sabbats are paid to act in the interests of the students and this involves paying appropriate attention to how students are represented in the media and online. It is certainly part of the SU officers remit to view boards and it is covered by their remuneration
    They have no obligation to come on here and post in their capacities as officers. Would you expect a teacher to come home after work and come onto Boards to give grinds?

Really. I mean really. You obviously spent about 10 seconds thinking about my post, and about 5 thinking about yours and just posted. Next time, try and spend at least a minute reading what I say and then another minute rereading what you are about to say, it would really prevent this type of thing.

Boards' isn't just some social past-time for the sabbat officiers. I said basically, once a week, or as appropriate, the education officer should spend a few minutes going through titles of new threads to see if any are particular relevant to their office. I didn't say they need to start posting in the "who did I stalk in UL" thread "or what did I have for lunch today". I think it's border line negligent for someone who promised to act in the education and welfare interests of the entire student population to basically ignore the biggest collective student voice on the internet.
    If people are serious enough about seeking assistance from the Sabbat officers there are myriad ways of contacting them. The first is walking into the SU.

Seriously this reminds me of the Sulis thread. Students should try harder to attract the attention of the SU officers? Why don't the SU officers look a little closer. You obviously don't understand anything about welfare and education matters and really shouldn't be responding back to my posts. I don't have the time to point out every single ideological and comprehension flaw in your posts.
    Tbh you're doing nothing more than looking to stroke that ego of yours at this stage.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Oh Sid, you're the silliest poster I have ever had the pleasure of reading. If I could have even a shred of your intelligence, I fear my brain would explode from the stupidity I'd receive. You blow off every single post that in any challenges you with a "I don't need to answer to this" response.
    You look down upon us from your lofty perch, snarkly pointing out the various flaws in the grammar of some posters. You shriek from those heights at the various SU sabbats far down below.
    You have made your nest in UL, yet you pick it apart and treat it as if it were far from your own and yet, in the same breath, as if it is all yours.

You're a fine bird!

• Advertisement

:confused:

yes, I am, more than you are.

I wasn't aware such knowledge was quantifiable.

Shows what you know, you are wrong. Sabbats are paid to act in the interests of the students and this involves paying appropriate attention to how students are represented in the media and online. It is certainly part of the SU officers remit to view boards and it is covered by their remuneration

Really. I mean really. You obviously spent about 10 seconds thinking about my post, and about 5 thinking about yours and just posted. Next time, try and spend at least a minute reading what I say and then another minute rereading what you are about to say, it would really prevent this type of thing.

Boards' isn't just some social past-time for the sabbat officiers. I said basically, once a week, or as appropriate, the education officer should spend a few minutes going through titles of new threads to see if any are particular relevant to their office. I didn't say they need to start posting in the "who did I stalk in UL" thread "or what did I have for lunch today".

This is where you contradict yourself. You want the SU on here day and night pandering to your every little quibble, while above you've simply posted that they should be aware of media concerning students.

I think it's border line negligent for someone who promised to act in the education and welfare interests of the entire student population to basically ignore the biggest collective student voice on the internet.

Boards bigger than Facebook now? Or Twitter even?

Seriously this reminds me of the Sulis thread. Students should try harder to attract the attention of the SU officers? Why don't the SU officers look a little closer. You obviously don't understand anything about welfare and education matters and really shouldn't be responding back to my posts. I don't have the time to point out every single ideological and comprehension flaw in your posts.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here you misrepresent me. I said that if a student has a serious enough gripe/issue/problem, the first place they should go it the SU building and not onto an unaffiliated web forum.

And really Sid, there's no need to be so snide. It's a bit pitiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

You lie. You voted for Derek Daly not Keith.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

I don't have the time to point out every single ideological and comprehension flaw in your posts.

Obviously you do...

I wasn't aware such knowledge was quantifiable.

There is probably a lot you're not aware of.
    This is where you contradict yourself. You want the SU on here day and night pandering to your every little quibble, while above you've simply posted that they should be aware of media concerning students.

No I didn't, I never said or implied that. I don't care if the SU don't respond to my posts, I have really have nothing to say to them. If however I was a student with a genuine issue relating to welfare or education I'd hope that the SU officer would bother their backside to review it at some point, either for future reference or giving advice.
    Boards bigger than Facebook now? Or Twitter even?

My rationale was twitter was not a centralised or collated source of information, you couldn't expect (or should you) the SU people to keep abreast of everything happening on twitter or facebook but certainly they should be aware of direct correspondence to their particular accounts.

Facebook has the ULSU page which seems to have a hive of activity but merely the inconsequential type. It's also moderated by the SU so they can remove posts that don't make them look good, e.g. my comment about Sulis/itd/rsmart having emergency support.

By their nature facebook and twitter need constant vigilance because they're dynamic entities. Boards is a lot more static and is far more realistic for a SU officer to dip into to gauge student attitudes.
    Here you misrepresent me. I said that if a student has a serious enough gripe/issue/problem, the first place they should go it the SU building and not onto an unaffiliated web forum.

Again you don't understand and your inexperience is this area is obvious. People who have problems don't always choose the channels appropriate to the magnitude of their problem. someone could have a very serious problem but rather than going to the highest authority on it, they share it with peers. This is how society some times works.
    And really Sid, there's no need to be so snide. It's a bit pitiful.
    You and your cronies are one to talk.

Jester252 wrote: »
    You lie. You voted for Derek Daly not Keith.

That's exactly what I said :confused::confused::confused: Serious reading comprehension problems on this board lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Facebook has the ULSU page which seems to have a hive of activity but merely the inconsequential type. It's also moderated by the SU so they can remove posts that don't make them look good, e.g. my comment about Sulis/itd/rsmart having emergency support.

Again you don't understand and your inexperience is this area is obvious. People who have problems don't always choose the channels appropriate to the magnitude of their problem. someone could have a very serious problem but rather than going to the highest authority on it, they share it with peers. This is how society some times works.
    On your first point: They 'can' do that, but there has been absolutely 0 evidence to suggest this. Screenshot your response next time, so that the next time you cry wolf, there will be hard evidence. Your word is simply not enough.

On your 2nd point: Essentially you want them to mingle amongst the students and their peers, right? So, essentially, you want a Union to gather the interests of the students in relation to the Student's Union. Let's call it the Student's Union's Student's Union.

Techy, techy...
    No I didn't, I never said or implied that. I don't care if the SU don't respond to my posts, I have really have nothing to say to them. If however I was a student with a genuine issue relating to welfare or education I'd hope that the SU officer would bother their backside to review it at some point, either for future reference or giving advice.

Like your bit below (which I'll add in above), ultimately, it's up to the student to be able to look after themselves. There's only so much an officer can do.

No need to condascend to me on how people go about seeking help with their problems. That's not to say that when an officer doesn't show up here to respond, we have the right to bítch and moan about them. It's not their primary point of contact for students. It'd be quite a bit down the list.
    My rationale was twitter was not a centralised or collated source of information, you couldn't expect (or should you) the SU people to keep abreast of everything happening on twitter or facebook but certainly they should be aware of direct correspondence to their particular accounts.

By their nature facebook and twitter need constant vigilance because they're dynamic entities. Boards is a lot more static and is far more realistic for a SU officer to dip into to gauge student attitudes.

And again, its static nature points to much less use by students overall. UL Boardsies are few and far between IRL.

Boards is down the food-chain from the officers' perspectives.

Who're my cronies?

I'd love to have some cronies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

That's exactly what I said :confused::confused::confused: Serious reading comprehension problems on this board lately.

Sid I was pointing out that YOU voted for Daly.
    So it is your fault he is in
    So Sid why are you blaming others?

attacking a poster and not the post?

An actual response to that section, you can quantify that, however you can't guage either person's knowledge on that topic (unless you both took a test). The SU offers no affliation with boards so has no obligation to look at this site.

I would hope if you were genuine you would at least contact the sabbat involved and direct them to the thread you posted in.

They should and they do. Contacted them myself about something and they got back to me.

Proof? They can remove trolls quicker there then here.
    Just because a post is removed also doesn't mean that they don't act on the post

I would say boards has less content posted on it than on facebook, however the SU page on facebook is an official su page and this is just a random site that they don't have to check.

If you want to share it with peers, then don't cry when the highest authority isn't one of those peers.

Everyone seems to have cronies these days!

Sid, just assume I'm reporting your posts for either abuse/retardedness/trolling/breaking the forum charter. It will save me a line every time I reply, most of your posts break the charter in some way.

• Advertisement

attacking a poster and not the post?

you need to look up the word attack in the dictionary.
    They should and they do. Contacted them myself about something and they got back to me.

That's what i said.
    Proof? They can remove trolls quicker there then here.
    Just because a post is removed also doesn't mean that they don't act on the post

I told you it happened.
    I would say boards has less content posted on it than on facebook, however the SU page on facebook is an official su page and this is just a random site that they don't have to check.

There is more content on this forum then on the ulsu facebook page. They should check it. It isn't a random site, it's the biggest message forum in Ireland. Some of these threads have over 10000 views.
    If you want to share it with peers, then don't cry when the highest authority isn't one of those peers.

What are you talking about?
    Everyone seems to have cronies these days!
    Sid, just assume I'm reporting your posts for either abuse/retardedness/trolling/breaking the forum charter. It will save me a line every time I reply, most of your posts break the charter in some way.

I am well aware who and your cronies are. I have received numerous PMs here, on facebook and through other sources from you or your group. I have no idea why you have conducted such a pathetic personal campaign against me, all I know is that it is very sad, you have too much time on your hands and you should get out and exercise more. Nothing I have said today or yesterday has been against the forum charter or against what boards is about. Your post here is the biggest personal abuse post I have seen in my entire time on this forum, I am asking you publicly now to stop harassing me, stop following me on facebook and stop contacting me.

I am well aware who and your cronies are. I have received numerous PMs here, on facebook and through other sources from you or your group. I have no idea why you have conducted such a pathetic personal campaign against me, all I know is that it is very sad, you have too much time on your hands and you should get out and exercise more. Nothing I have said today or yesterday has been against the forum charter or against what boards is about. Your post here is the biggest personal abuse post I have seen in my entire time on this forum, I am asking you publicly now to stop harassing me, stop following me on facebook and stop contacting me.

I don't know who you consider my cronies to be but don't take the actions of others to be associated or approved by me, I have never contacted you via PM.

You mean the campaign to clean up boards from trolls? If you take it personal then maybe clean up your posts.

It has and I can't be bothered to go through everything to highlight it. Definetly not on this thread.

Is it the biggest personal abuse? how about you cursing at people? or abuse at derek daly? Actually that's your own opinion.

Actually I've never contacted you except on this. You initially contacted me via facebook (by making a fake account (quite sad I must say))

I'm the same as reunion, I've no cronies.

Anybody wanna sign up?

And the FB/Twitter thing was gas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

I'm the same as reunion, I've no cronies.

Same here, I'm not popular enough. :(
    Anybody wanna sign up?

Sorry, have way too much to be doing!

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Same here, I'm not popular enough. :(

Sorry, have way too much to be doing!

Inorite?

Study begins now... Now. Now...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You're all entitled to opinions, though an individual may disagree, and will fundamentally disagree on some issues.

It is an amazement to me how anyone can manage to have so much time to criticise A) an organisation, more particularly B) an individual within and more consequentially C) those who for no other reason than their personal experience would seek to defend that individual (That individual may be more than capable of defending him/herself, but I imagine would be most appreciative of the sentiment). A and B are absolutely fine with reason. C on the other hand is not.

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised if someone who would be elitist and pick lots of holes would have such a privileged path through the educational system . If an individual had enough time to operate at least 2 Twitter accounts, 2 Facebook accounts, an active "talk to joe" account on Boards.ie and undertake yet another degree, here at UL to add to their Trinity, UCD and DCU credentials, they should lecture in magic or time travel. Should we perhaps warn the NUIG, UCC and NUIM forums that the institutional tourist is coming for them when you're finished with us?

If an individual is supposedly more educated, chronologically more mature and more world informed than the rest of us, we might expect they would not reduce themselves to mocking people who work at McDonalds by attempting to infer inferior experience on another individual's part for having worked there (despite the fact they never did)

Perhaps such a person should look at their own references, or is it lack of them that may lead to them taking an extended scenic route through the third level system.

In my view such a person would do well to critically analyse what they actually want before deciding what the rest of us should be doing/thinking. Such a person, you would imagine, would be intelligent enough to realise that only one person would be shown up through constant attacks on individuals, or perhaps it's a deflection, perhaps it's a form of projection of such a person's own self loathing and emptiness.

All that's purely hypothetical of course ;)

ninty9er wrote: »

Saying that it's purely hypothetical of course doesn't excuse breaking the forum charter and the boards rules, even if some of your post has merit.

I have reported it and would like some it changed/deleted/edited.

ninty9er wrote: »
    You're all entitled to opinions, though an individual may disagree, and will fundamentally disagree on some issues.

Thanks for bestowing us our entitlement to hold opinions that differ to yours.
    It is an amazement to me how anyone can manage to have so much time to criticise A) an organisation, more particularly B) an individual within and more consequentially C) those who for no other reason than their personal experience would seek to defend that individual (That individual may be more than capable of defending him/herself, but I imagine would be most appreciative of the sentiment). A and B are absolutely fine with reason. C on the other hand is not.

It's simply my duty to the truth and full transparency. I have identified a number of flaws in how the SU of this university operates and I felt obliged to communicate that to those whom such information may benefit.

Some of the flaws were inherent to the organisation but others were more closely associated with individuals within.

My problem with the 5/6 people on this forum who seemed to have rushed to the defence of the SU and to certain individuals is because they are obviously biased to said organisation. Nobody is doubting that the 5 sabbatical officers are particularly charming, charismatic, good natured and fun individuals. Therefore they have a great many friends amongst the student body a couple of which post on this forum. However, my criticisms weren't really of a personal nature or personality based. I never said anyone with the SU was a bad person I just said they're bad at their jobs. So for me, it doesn't really matter if best friends of said SU officers come on this forum proclaiming they're excellent human beings. It's irrelevant. In my opinion some of the SU officers are bad at their job. Nobody has given me proof they're good at their job, only short sighted individuals have told me how nice they are.

So it's very valiant of you to want to protect the 4/5 friends of yours/the SU who have basically done nothing but shill on this forum but I'd rather the truth, unbiased and unadulterated.
    Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised if someone who would be elitist and pick lots of holes would have such a privileged path through the educational system . If an individual had enough time to operate at least 2 Twitter accounts, 2 Facebook accounts, an active "talk to joe" account on Boards.ie and undertake yet another degree, here at UL to add to their Trinity, UCD and DCU credentials, they should lecture in magic or time travel. Should we perhaps warn the NUIG, UCC and NUIM forums that the institutional tourist is coming for them when you're finished with us?

You have plenty of time to bitch and moan about me on facebook DD but then again, you have no exams, no actually remit that can be enforced, no boss, and no actual role.
    If an individual is supposedly more educated, chronologically more mature and more world informed than the rest of us, we might expect they would not reduce themselves to mocking people who work at McDonalds by attempting to infer inferior experience on another individual's part for having worked there (despite the fact they never did)

You mean older when you say chronologically more mature and you mean imply when you say infer. To address your points, I'm not sure why you got so offended about remarks about McDonald's. How do you know I haven't worked there?
    Perhaps such a person should look at their own references, or is it lack of them that may lead to them taking an extended scenic route through the third level system.

You got upset when I implied you're probably not fit for much work outside of the SU is that it? And now you wish to retaliate by saying because I did a MSc it was obviously because I couldn't get a job? Is that it? Is that your deep, hidden, cryptic insult you wish to make? I may cry.
    In my view such a person would do well to critically analyse what they actually want before deciding what the rest of us should be doing/thinking.

I know what I want. I think everyone else should be working hard at their individual degree in this college otherwise they're wasting their time. I don't see how you can argue with that.
    Such a person, you would imagine, would be intelligent enough to realise that only one person would be shown up through constant attacks on individuals, or perhaps it's a deflection, perhaps it's a form of projection of such a person's own self loathing and emptiness.

What is this wondrous mirror I have in which I can deflect and project through? But let's no digress with quasi-psychology and pseudo-intellectualism , I think you've over stated the criticism you've received on this forum. If memory serves me, all I wanted to know is what happened with the C&S money and what infrastructure allowed such unsavoury activity to happen. I said you went on a holiday from the SU to work for FF. This is a fact.

I said in my opinion the editing of An Focal left a lot to be desired. On longer reflection, I changed my mind to that the editing is adequate.

I said in my opinion that ULFM was badly managed but in light of the mitigating circumstances it was understandable and excusable.

I said in my opinion the education officer should pay closer attention to threads on this forum relevant to that remit. I have not changed my opinion on this.

I said in my opinion the campaigns officer should do a better job of promoting key events, since then I have been informed that their operations budget has been impaired due to funding crisis in the SU.

The welfare officer has been left rather unscathed to this point.

Just to repeat, I have nothing personal against any SU officer, they all really nice people, I just think they're crap at their jobs. In the same vein, I think Keith Young and Barry Kennedy would have been excellent at their jobs but don't seem like good craic. Just sayin'.

Why are you hiding between this pompous rhetoric and imitation legalese. If you're taking about me, address me by my handle on this forum. You obviously took the trouble of looking up my facebook account, finding as much information about me as possible to come on this forum and throw it back at me as an insult. It's very difficult for you to take the higher moral ground on this topic when you've engaged in the same tricks.

So seeing as I have your attention again Derek Daly President of the SU what have i said that has been so unacceptable in your opinion? While you're at it, can you explain why you were in the USA recently and who paid for it?

• Advertisement

Saying that it's purely hypothetical of course doesn't excuse breaking the forum charter and the boards rules, even if some of your post has merit.

I have reported it and would like some it changed/deleted/edited.

would you ever stop telling tales on people and interfering in threads. Adults are trying to have an open discussion about serious and less serious topics and you seem purely intent on enforcing some artificial rules. It's like a parody of 1984, if intentional, fair play it's very believable, if not, you need to stop pretending to be a moderator and stifling discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement