Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political allegiance of SU

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

No I am not.

so free like the SU officers you like to criticise
    The sabbats are there for the free cans and the student life style for free for a year.

I was criticising your attempts at back seat moderating. You are referencing one segment of text and addressing a completely different topic. why?

The moderators are moderating. I will consider alerting [an] admin to your behaviour if you persist.

You should read a little more

By reporting it I attempt to keep boards free of not nice things (such as people and posts) by banning people and removing posts... (weren't you banned for a while sid?)

If you want to report my post, click that link and learn how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

So you think you're a boards.ie batman? That's really impressive stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Name calling isn't nice :)

I am not responding to any more of this off-topic drivel you guys seem obsessed in engaging in.

"you called me a name"
    "no you did first"
    "i'm reporting your post"
    "i'm reporting your post first"

It's inspiring stuff. I love the way all of you guys are sitting on 2.05 grade averages, you'd swear you had nothing more pressing to do.

I am not responding to any more of this off-topic drivel you guys seem obsessed in engaging in.

"you called me a name"
    "no you did first"
    "i'm reporting your post"
    "i'm reporting your post first"

It's inspiring stuff. I love the way all of you guys are sitting on 2.05 grade averages, you'd swear you had nothing more pressing to do.

That's 2.25 to you!

What's hurting you Sid? If we just discuss this now and get it dealt with, it'll save the rest of us from what will be pretty terrible posts on your part in the future.

• Advertisement

Simply put I think there are too many márla heads in third level education, doing sweet **** all, doing courses that are just made up, wasting tax payers money and people's time and energy. These non-academic people should just be in a job, learning skills as they need. Perhaps coming out for 3 weeks in a year to get some technical skills in a boot camp scenario. E.g. Guy working in radio gets crash course in some new technology.

Too many of these pointless essays, GPAs, mickey mouse exams, repeat modules, lectures that don't matter, assignments that don't matter. Just get rid of it all and just leave courses that need universities and outsource everything else to vocational colleges or ITs.

You can actually do a Post-grad in Wood work teaching in UL. Wood work teaching, like building book shelves and making bird houses. You can actually do a POSTGRAD in this. Like, someone has decided that going to college isn't enough, you need a POSTGRAD.

Shocking.

If you think I'm a hero of the night, a shining example for others to follow (also a smart and nice guy) I thank you for your compliment.

But this guy is the boards batman
    You can actually do a Post-grad in Wood work teaching in UL. Wood work teaching, like building book shelves and making bird houses. You can actually do a POSTGRAD in this. Like, someone has decided that going to college isn't enough, you need a POSTGRAD.

Shocking.

That was your attempt at bringing it on topic? That's not even related to this thread! Also much like someone sitting through 6 years of college to then do postgrad medicine, maybe someone didn't get enough points in their leaving cert to do an undergrad in wood work teaching. Or maybe they did an undergrad in languages and want to also be able to teach something else.

And it's about time we went back on topic (It's hard to keep it on topic since the SU has no political allegiance but anyway).

The SU supports a range of political parties and a society free of allegiance to a political party.

And that is meant to explain your crusade of hatred across UL? Don't get me wrong, some people are here for the wrong reasons but UL is fine, the students are fine.

How about you just walk away? Seriously. You have no idea who you are talking to. You are making rash assumptions on people and their lifestyles and you are abusing just about everyone. Seriously, you are. You are nothing but a destructive element in these parts. Your posts serve no purpose other than to belittle the other posters here. Sure, we laugh it off, that's just how we roll.

Its no secret, you don't like UL. We get that. We do. Really now. We do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Your post makes some interesting points. I don't think you can do a postgrad in woodwork teaching though, just undergrad. Please correct me if I'm wrong though, doing the course myself.

SU =/ C&S.

Derek Daly made the same mistake, thinking the C&S money was SU money and he could do what he wants with it.

What societies run in this college has little or nothing to do with the political allegiance of the SU (by SU we mean the sabbatical officers).

The SU sabbat. officers change every year but C&S should last longer.

• Advertisement

Nockz wrote: »
    And that is meant to explain your crusade of hatred across UL? Don't get me wrong, some people are here for the wrong reasons but UL is fine, the students are fine.

How about you just walk away? Seriously. You have no idea who you are talking to. You are making rash assumptions on people and their lifestyles and you are abusing just about everyone. Seriously, you are. You are nothing but a destructive element in these parts. Your posts serve no purpose other than to belittle the other posters here. Sure, we laugh it off, that's just how we roll.

Its no secret, you don't like UL. We get that. We do. Really now. We do.

you're some whinger. You'd swear you didn't know where the ignore button was. What else do you use this forum for?

SU =/ C&S.

Derek Daly made the same mistake, thinking the C&S money was SU money and he could do what he wants with it.

What societies run in this college has little or nothing to do with the political allegiance of the SU (by SU we mean the sabbatical officers).

The SU sabbat. officers change every year but C&S should last longer.

I believe if you read the findings of the working group, clubs and socs are apart of the SU. This isn't the thread to get into a discussion regarding money. Clubs and socieites are apart of the ULSU.

Also by sabbat, you mean derek davis?... I have highlighted how the SU is catering for neutral political societies and non-neutral. I have yet to hear of any proof or sane arguement to state otherwise.

you're some whinger. You'd swear you didn't know where the ignore button was. What else do you use this forum for?
    I use it so I can hear your tears gently splashing on the keyboard as you type each and every post you make :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭kflynn

Go to bed sid! And maybe try getting out the opposite side tomorrow! Be happy! Its nearly christmas! just lighten up in general!!!

Honestly no point in these fights on boards dont get them, waste of time.

If you think UL is so bad then go and do something productive about it!:D

Don't tell me what to do kflynn. You're obviously one of these happy-go-lucky fellows that think everything is swell even if you're in a crumbly old university with mould problems.

Just be more positive. Look on the bright side of life. Have you got any more trite recommendations to make? Any more naive insights on how the world works?

Change college.

I've too much time and money invested in this one, I'll be better off improving it.

I've too much time and money invested in this one, I'll be better off improving it.

Oh so UL is expensive when you need it to be? Gotcha buddy ;)

uh sid that is the opposite of naive....We all have different stuff going on, I personally have PLENTY!

But I don't think there's an point in just constantly complaining about it

You have given out about every person here for a long time now, what have you actually done about it?

Any valid points you may have made just got turned into a joke

Nockz wrote: »
    Oh so UL is expensive when you need it to be? Gotcha buddy ;)

You really need to pay closer attention. Other people said one of the reasons why they choose UL is because it was one of the best places they could get a degree for less than 3000. That was what another poster said. I never said UL was cheap for me. It's cheap as chips for undergrads from farming backgrounds who's fathers don't pay tax and get maintenance grants that pays for their cans and beans.

• Advertisement

kflynn wrote: »
    uh sid that is the opposite of naive....We all have different stuff going on, I personally have PLENTY!

But I don't think there's an point in just constantly complaining about it

You have given out about every person here for a long time now, what have you actually done about it?

Any valid points you may have made just got turned into a joke

Fair enough kid. Obviously your approach works for you, it doesn't work for me. I don't know why you're trying to force me into complying to you narrow view on life. I am perfectly content doing what I do, why can't you respect that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

It's cheap as chips for undergrads from farming backgrounds who's fathers don't pay tax and get maintenance grants that pays for their cans and beans.
    This is why you've gained the rep you have here.

You really need to pay closer attention. Other people said one of the reasons why they choose UL is because it was one of the best places they could get a degree for less than 3000. That was what another poster said. I never said UL was cheap for me. It's cheap as chips for undergrads from farming backgrounds who's fathers don't pay tax and get maintenance grants that pays for their cans and beans.
    So you're paying through your nose for a college you despise? And we are the stupid ones? Ok Sid.

Who said I was paying anything. Don't make assumptions like a naughty nockz.

Read your own posts, you said you have invested too much time and money in ul.

At least try to have some continuity to your trolling....

That would be you.

Sid, you missed my question what have you done about it?

kflynn wrote: »
    If you think UL is so bad then go and do something productive about it!:D

I have done plenty about it, but it's fairly confidential stuff at the moment I can't go into detail with on this forum, especially in front of a particular set of prying eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I love UL! :D UL is great!

Who's with me? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

^^^^
    hear hear.!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement