Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acne and unwanted hair - HELP

• 26-10-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am prone to spots but I went on Dianette and yasmin after that for years and the spots disappeared. I then went off yasmin for a year and am recently back on it, and the spots are worse than ever. mostly around my mouth and chin. which brings me to my next point.

one area where I'm getting an awful lot of spots is an area on my chin where I have developed really annoying and embarrassing bits of hair here and there. I obv want to get rid of hair, so I use facial wax strips and occassionally pluck the odd hair if I don't have the wax and am in a rush. the fcuking hairs are so annoying, darker than the rest of the natural hair on my face and a bit longer... It's so rank.

So those are my two problems - spots, and the hair, and the spots from the hair. What is the best way to remove the small area (about one cm squared) of unwanted hair, and more importantly how do i avoid exascerbating the spots when I remove the hair? This little area literally hasnt been blemish free for around a year at this stage. It's really getting me down, please help :(

ps. I am really really broke so I can't get laser treatment atm, but can people advise me if this really works for the hair, because as soon as I can afford it I would do it.

Comments

Speak to your doctor about the spots. (you might as well mention the hair too while you're there)

I would say plucking is probably best for the hairs. Waxing sounds a bit much for one square cm of hair, and probably isn't great for your skin.

I say this every time anyone mentions spots, so apologies if you've heard it before, but you need to not let anything touch your spot prone areas. Usually the first place I get spots is around my mouth/chin, even though acne medication usually keeps me spot free. This is because in college I lean my face on my hand, I sleep with my duvet at mouth level, and on occasion I bite my nails. Keep your hands, pencils, etc. away from your mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

Hi, if you are getting spots exactly where you wax and the area around it, it's probably ingrown hair rather than acne. This might be because you're prone to ingrown hair. Also, if you're new to waxing this area, might be because of the direction you're going in with the strip etc. Might be an idea to get a beautician to do it once or twice to learn how they do it. Laser might not be as expensive as you think. There are a lot of deals out there. Only way to know if you're suitable is to go to a laser place and let them do a patch test. Might be an idea to go to the doctor as well though - the two problems might be related - slight hormone imbalance that the pill was masking. I definitely would not pluck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

[SNIP]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

Ok thanks for your replies

My skin has been oily for as long as I remember so it's not a new problem, it's just the pill had taken care of it the last time and I can't understand why it isn't doing the job this time.

the spots where the hair is do seem to be as a result of the waxing. definitely.
    so basically i have spots because of normal acne and then spots in the are where i wax.

the hair would not be noticeable to someone who is say, standing beside me, but i notice it and i get self conscious of it when i see it close up in the mirror.

GAH! Giselle surely you shouldn't be throwing out serious conditions and scaring the sh1te out of me?!! I will have to go to the doc sometime soon alright as this is annoying me.

beautician is a good idea - have never done that as i am embarrassed. but ive gotten top lip and eyebrows done.

i prob would tend to mess with the spots and touch them so ill have to make a conscious effort not to.

thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

[SNIP]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have removed the references to possible medical conditions. Please do not give medical advice like that in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

ok well without sounding like im in denial i just spoke to my mum whos a nurse and she said she used to get the same odd stray hairs..she also said she highly doubts its PCOS

acne has been around for a long time so its nothing new, but im gonna go to doc to maybe change pill and ill definitely say it to her about the hair so she can assess whole situation.

thanks guys for all the advice

Mods can I get this thread closed now please and thanks - gonna take posters advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement