Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield problems

Options
  • 27-10-2011 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

I'm into the battle log, click on campaign and it gets stuck with a picture of city + tanks (must be the menu screen)

But there's no menu, no sound, just stays there.. doesn't even get that far in multiplayer

I've tried all the diff and latest catalyst drivers (one by one)
    Have the latest directx am using Win 7 ultimate
    Machine is coreduo 8400 and 5770 graphics card, 4 gigs ram
    Tried the repair twice
    Rebooted multiple times
    Turned off antiviruses etc

Now I am trying to uninstall and start from scratch (I did it via digital download)
    Won't even let me uninstall the game (even after I have closed origin, etc)

Sweet merciful **** I am stumped on this one

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

>click on campaign and it gets stuck with a picture of city + tanks

But it is loading the game (just not actually getting far with it) ?

Did you play the beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

No, its just getting stuck on that screen - no menu comes up

I didn't play the beta

I want to uninstall it and start again and it won't even uninstall

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Stingerbar wrote: »
    No, its just getting stuck on that screen - no menu comes up

I didn't play the beta

I want to uninstall it and start again and it won't even uninstall

Did you try un-installing via Origin?

Also remember in Origin settings to not let it delete the game installer after installation to avoid having to re-download the 11Gb.

Do you see bf3.exe in the taskmanager when you try to launch the game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

thanks, ahh it was a missing language pack.. sorted it, thank god

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Anyone having problems installing from disk?

Frustrating experience thus far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Origin servers having a problem at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Standard shipping. Got email today.

I wont have it tomorrow, will I ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Fcuk you origin

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

Just got everything installed and ready to go. I just have to wait for midnight now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Just got everything installed and ready to go. I just have to wait for midnight now :)

You have to wait until midnight? Got mine in the post today and have been playing. Can be tricky to get into a multiplayer server at the moment though :(

• Advertisement

It says I have to wait when I try and activate it :confused:

Strange, I did the activation at half 2

Did you use a CD or through digital download?

DVD that I pre ordered from gamestop. €35 delivered, good value.

Do they charge more for the digital download and make you wait longer?

Nah, I got the same as you. That's very odd. I hope it was just an issue with the Origin servers because I really cant wait another 3 hours

It would seem the Origin activation servers are offline, well ain't that some sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Any one else having this problem? When joining a MP game im in battlelog, and the it says the level is loading at the bottom. Then it changes to playing but it doesnt switch to the game. If i click on the Battlefield icon to switch to the game myself it crashes.

Also gettin random crashes when playing the game. PC is well able to handle it and it runs perfectly all other times

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not to hijack the thread, but anyone playing on a similar (poor) pc to what i have? Will be a few weeks before i can get my new machine, and not sure if i should bother buying it before than. Playing the beta, Metro ran fine but Caspian barely ran at all, on whatever the default settings were.

Core 2 Duo e6600
    ATI 4890 1gb
    4bg Ram

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Kiith wrote: »
    Not to hijack the thread, but anyone playing on a similar (poor) pc to what i have? Will be a few weeks before i can get my new machine, and not sure if i should bother buying it before than. Playing the beta, Metro ran fine but Caspian barely ran at all, on whatever the default settings were.

Core 2 Duo e6600
    ATI 4890 1gb
    4bg Ram

in Beta Caspian was laggy as hell when they let us play , had a few friends playing last night and it worked fine one said he had to turn his graphics to medium and it stopped crashing from game after that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Kiith wrote: »

Core 2 Duo e6600
    ATI 4890 1gb
    4bg Ram

You'll be fine on low/medium settings (and it still looks great tbh). I had a 4870 running the beta (inluding Caspian) no problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cool, will pick it up today before the launch event :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

So i bought the disc version of the game in a B+M shop. I put the disk in, ran it and it installed Origin and then i entered the product code. But now instead of installing from the disk its taking me into Origin and trying to download the game through Origin instead.

Given that its an 11GB download thats not an option. Anyone know how to make it install from the Disc instead?

EDIT: To anyone else having this problem seem like it downloads it from the disc instead. Bit of a ridiculous way of going about it though. Seems to be ok now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Waiting on my Limited Edition from Play to arrive on the doormat so in the interim..

I'm running a uprated DELL Precision T3400 as follows:
    - 750W PSU
    - Q6600 Quad Core 2.4
    - 8GB RAM
    - Radeon HD5770 1GB
    - Acer 24" monitor @ 1920x1080
    - 2x 500GB SATA in RAID 0 (not the best for redundancy I know but that's why I have a Poweredge and Domain/redirected profiles setup too)
    - Win 7 Pro x64

Haven't tried the Beta but will this run it acceptably? I don't get to game (or buy :p) as much anymore so I know I'm a bit behind the times but I'm considering Komplett's current offering of a HD6850 here to improve things: http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/Site/Catalog/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemNo=20069574

Any thoughts? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Well I've got a Q6600 too Kaiser, if you can Overclock it to 3.0ghz it would improve it a lot.
    I would think you could run comfortable on medium settings or even push up one or two to high.

But overclock that Q6600, get a better card and your looking at high settings for the most part.
    Edit* Although VRAM may be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Took two hours to install and download updates and not its giving me an error when i try to start telling me to reinstall. **** this. This is why i dont buy PC games that often.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

when i click join game i get the "joning game" popup down bottom right, but nothing happens... anyone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

I just get stuck on the loading screen when I try to log into multiplayer. Campaign works fine but whenever I try mp I just get the little loading icon on the bottom right of the screen and that's it. Waited for 10mins before I shut it down as nothing else was happening.

Really hope this is'nt a sign of things to come. Already pissing me off. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

finally got mine working 100% through chrome earlier.

nice game, another 4 gig ram wouldnt go astray

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Help!

I've the game on ps3 and for the past two days since I bought it multiplayer won't work. It's never worked

I select a match and get screen where it's loading then it goes blank and I still get sound and the small dice/square at the bottom right that kind of blips . Nothing happens after this and I have to quit the game via PS button
    I've tried a lot of times and fiddled with my Internet but I don't think it's that as I've NAT type 2
    Quick match & server browser have both been tried
    I only want the game for online and this is driving me crazy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

PC Version.

Cannot launch Campaign (black screen, "bf3.exe has stopped working correctly")

In multiplayer, it works fines for 10 minutes, then locks up my entire PC and I need to restart.

Seems to be a known issue with the lock ups, particularly with owners of 560TI graphics cards.

The issue I am having with campaign, however, does not seem to be happening other people. Dunno how to get around it. :(

Spec:

Win7 Ultimate 64 bit
    700w PSU
    3.06GHz Quad Core Intel i7
    Nvidia Geforce GTX560Ti gfx
    8GB RAM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Help!

I've the game on ps3 and for the past two days since I bought it multiplayer won't work. It's never worked

I select a match and get screen where it's loading then it goes blank and I still get sound and the small dice/square at the bottom right that kind of blips . Nothing happens after this and I have to quit the game via PS button
    I've tried a lot of times and fiddled with my Internet but I don't think it's that as I've NAT type 2
    Quick match & server browser have both been tried
    I only want the game for online and this is driving me crazy!!!
    Anyone out there??

Advertisement