Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield problems

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks like i won't be playing at all till i can upgrade. Even on low settings, my pc is locking up after a few minutes. Total freeze, and i need to power off. Tis a shame, but what can you do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Help!

I've the game on ps3 and for the past two days since I bought it multiplayer won't work. It's never worked

I select a match and get screen where it's loading then it goes blank and I still get sound and the small dice/square at the bottom right that kind of blips . Nothing happens after this and I have to quit the game via PS button
    I've tried a lot of times and fiddled with my Internet but I don't think it's that as I've NAT type 2
    Quick match & server browser have both been tried
    I only want the game for online and this is driving me crazy!!!
    Anyone out there??

Try deleting the game install and reinstalling it. Something similar happened to me but it wouldn't allow me to even get to the title screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Got it working! It was neither of the above.
    I was using Vodafone mobile broadband sharing dock & decided to see if my three network iPhone hotspot would have any luck and it sure did. Working perfectly now but won't be able to use the hotspot for long as it costs €€€. To make matters worse I bought the Vodafone broadband pacificly for bf3 & mw3 and now it's redundant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

3g is not really designed to cope with face paced games. You really need upc or some kind of dsl package.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

Ok, so as of yesterday (30th oct) I've noticed a lot of weird artifacts in game. Im running, a 460GTX 1gbSE, 8gb ram, i5 2500k, and a top end mobo. I know my card is not on its way out, its running fine, not hot at all, plus any other games I don't have graphical artifacts whats so ever.

I've done a bit of reading on other forums and noticed people had the same artifacts I've been having back during the beta, which must of been common at the time. Posts about these artifacts have surged up since yesterday, seems like a lot of other people are having the same issue all of a sudden, again they are always sure its not their card or setup etc being faulty. Most likely source is a problem in the latest nvidia driver (285.62).

I've linked in pics of the artifacts. Its like these lines appear, converging towards the cross hair. Sometimes there will be massive shapes criscrossing the sky, and/or it goes black al together. Seems like the bigger maps bring these artifacts out more. Also I know there is defo bugs that need ironed out, (i.e. the common green, yellow flash most people get periodically) so Im not surprised there are more serious graphical artifacts. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problems.

Seriously, DICE would wanna pull the finger out and fix this ****, like ffs paying all this money, waiting with baited breath for the release and then boom, heres yur half finished game folks enjoy not being able to see **** !!!

http://s1097.photobucket.com/albums/g355/lahcen86/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

Kiith wrote: »
    Looks like i won't be playing at all till i can upgrade. Even on low settings, my pc is locking up after a few minutes. Total freeze, and i need to power off. Tis a shame, but what can you do :(

Same as myself. I will be trying out all the listed fixes for this tonight so I will post back with an update.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone else getting this? (2 minute 40 second mark)

Pc locks up completely. Apparently, it's either a Realtek issue or a heat issue. Going to try updating my sound card and sticking the GPU fan to 80% later and see if it makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

^^
    I get that..definitely not a realtek issue as I'm using a creative X-FI and still get it...
    heat issue is possible though as I never bothered checking my gpu temps (2x5870)...must set up afterburner profiles tonight and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

I rarely crash anymore, well not rarely, but not as much, but the problems I face is

• FPS dropping to extreme lows or it may be lag performance
    • Screen tearing (doesn't happen as much)
    • Controls delay themselves

The big problem I face is the FPS drop or lag, it differentiates through out servers, sometimes on Metro I get a bit of lag when I reach the battle but it stops, in Caspian border I might as well be playing BF3 screenshots.
    DICE said they will be sending out a patch today for the lag issues and performance that will stop the "Battlefield 3.exe has stopped working" problem, along with gifts of apology to affected players, not sure when exactly the patch is supposed to hit because they said 8 but I have seen no change or Origin download.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

for the screen tearing do you have vsync on or off (should be on to reduce screen tearing)

Iv upgraded to windows 7 64bit and 8gb ram and im amazed by the difference, just runs so so much better with the 2 above

• Advertisement

Just turned it off there, ill give the game a go now and see how it handles.

Game still runs like screenshots, im going to wait until later to see if this patch comes out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres a fix for 32bit os users that has worked 100% for myself--its only for those using 32 bit os though..I applied this last Thursday/Friday after a week of crashes to desktop.So far in the last 6 days I have had at most 5 crashes whereas before I was getting the bf3 has stopped responding error every 4-5 rounds or 15-20 minutes..
    I can recreate the error ie the crashes by undoing the changes.

http://www.theblackduck.net/araven/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=239

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489420350764/#!/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489420350764/11/

**** loads of 32bit users reporting success.Might be worth a go for anyone else having random ctds on 32 bit os.

Windows 7/Windows Vista
    * In Windows 7/Vista go to Start menu. Go to Accessories. Locate the command prompt shortcut and hover mouse over it. Right Click on the shortcut then select Run as Administrator.
    * In the command prompt type this exactly: bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500. Then hit enter.
    * Make sure you get a message back confirming the change was made. To verify the entry is there you can type just bcdedit, hit enter, and you should see the entry now listed.
    * Then close the command prompt. You just told Vista to increase user virtual address (userva) space to 2500MB.
    * Changes take effect on reboot.

TO UNDO THE CHANGES
    For Vista 32 Open command prompt as administrator and type: bcdedit /deletevalue increaseuserva. That deletes the entry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

What kind of game opens a bloody web browser to launch it? I suppose when my tempermental UPC connection is down again I won't be able to play the single player?

Trying to join a multiplyer game tonight, just get stuck on the loading screen.

Also, does everyone else have to manully put the game into full screen? When I launch the campain or multiplayer, I can see Battlefield in the taskbar, but I have to click it to go full screen.

What a feckin mess.

Also, I feel I'm at a disadvantage at times in multipler due to my graphics settings. Lighting effects from the sun can really blind you, does this happen on lower end settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Macker1

Kiith wrote: »

I'm getting this all the time. I would say a game for me last no more than 5 mins before the PC locks up.

Tearing me hair out as I'm a big fan of the series. Hopefully a patch will be released to rectify the issue.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

What kind of game opens a bloody web browser to launch it?

It's a gazillion times better IMO than anything DiCE have attempted in the past.

Also it's a step for EA towards using a single portal for all EA multi-player games I guess.

What gets me is having the Battlelog plus Origin.

I downloaded the patch it helped a lot, I had a few lag spikes here and there on caspian border, this also helped.

Bring up your command console in game by pressing the `

then type in RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1

It helps for NVIDIA graphic cards apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Macker1

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I downloaded the patch it helped a lot, I had a few lag spikes here and there on caspian border, this also helped.

Bring up your command console in game by pressing the `

then type in RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1

It helps for NVIDIA graphic cards apparently.

What patch are you talking about ??????? Link ??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Macker1 wrote: »
    What patch are you talking about ??????? Link ??

Battlelog update perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

EDIT: my bad, didn't notice this was a PC thread:o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

erm, so I'm spawning with no gun or gear, and the game then crashed after a few seconds?

Advertisement