Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance for Kildare

Options
  • 27-10-2011 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi , I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice? i used to live in my home in dublin until my mam sold the house and she moved to mayo . i moved in to a shared house my friend had (they didn't live there). I know i should have done it months ago but i was busy studying for my exams and also I didn't apply for rent allowence as they were not the owners . We had a falling out and I moved to 3 places in the past 5 months into a shared room with my boyfriend (who works part time). We have decided to move to Kildare as rent is cheaper but it's still expensive , as he has to commute and the winter is coming up (also christmas!) which will be expensive on the heating, etc. I have no documents to say were I lived as they were not registered landlords. I am unemployed on ja since june.

Can anyone please help me as to how I go about getting rent allowence and if my boyfriend will effect me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you are living with your boyfriend, both you Jobseekers Allowance and Rent Allowance may be affected as you are likely to be treated as cohabiting.

Talk to the community welfare officer in the area you intend to live in and explain the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

You have to be renting privately for 6mths in order to apply for rent allowance unless you can prove that you have been doing this your application will be unsuccessful

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/rent_supplement.html

see the link above as to what is required and yes they call it supplement but its the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 11 greenshoes88

thanks guys , my boyfriend is getting casual workers pay i don't know wat way it'l go if we co habiting

Advertisement