Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does X hurt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭carolinej

@kennyboy9563, I'm 31, I got my first tattoo a couple of weeks ago..I think the older I get, the more comfortable I am in myself - if that makes sense - and the less I care of others opinions/putdowns.

I was 100 percent certain I wanted this tattoo, when I was in my 20's, I was always asking myself "what will everyone say?", now, I'm like Fcuk it, I'll be dead ALONG time..!

Heading back for my 2nd tatt soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

carolinej wrote: »
    @kennyboy9563, I'm 31, I got my first tattoo a couple of weeks ago..I think the older I get, the more comfortable I am in myself - if that makes sense - and the less I care of others opinions/putdowns.

I was 100 percent certain I wanted this tattoo, when I was in my 20's, I was always asking myself "what will everyone say?", now, I'm like Fcuk it, I'll be dead ALONG time..!

That's the spirit. Have you posted the pic in our showoff thread? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056550063

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I got my first tattoo a couple of weeks ago..I think the older I get, the more comfortable I am in myself - if that makes sense - and the less I care of others opinions/putdowns.

I was 100 percent certain I wanted this tattoo

Exactly what you said is how I approached it, got my first one in January, a week later booked myself in for May. I absolutely love this tattoo on my arm, If you get an artist that makes you happy then stick with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I'm 31, I got my first tattoo a couple of weeks ago..I think the older I get, the more comfortable I am in myself - if that makes sense - and the less I care of others opinions/putdowns.

Snap!
    Had my first when I was 43- and like you,had known for years what I wanted.
    You could say,I wanted to be sure(you'd hardly call me impulsive-it took me that long to make up my mind!!)
    Love it to bits,wouldn't change it for anything-it was my treat to myself and I don't care what anybody else thinks-I love it!

Did it hurt?.........not any more it doesn't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Sometimes the main part of the body that hurts getting tattoo'd is the wallet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

Right, I have a tattoo on my shoulder blade already but I'm getting one in the middle of my back soon, it'll stretch from left to right and go over my spine, what's the pain like for something like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Right, I have a tattoo on my shoulder blade already but I'm getting one in the middle of my back soon, it'll stretch from left to right and go over my spine, what's the pain like for something like this?

Obviously everyone's pain threshold is different. I have two pieces done on my back. One kinda medium sized and one big piece. Getting them done was fine except when he approached the spine. Maybe it's just me, but the closer he got to the spine, the more it hurt, on both of them. But don't let one person's experience put you off. It might not hurt you at all.

My own personal experience is that the less flesh between your skin and the bone, the more uncomfortable a tattoo can be. Might work differently for others though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

A 9/10 hour session over 2 days at Wildcat to look forward to this weekend.:eek:

dinorebel wrote: »
    A 9/10 hour session over 2 days at Wildcat to look forward to this weekend.:eek:

Ouch!! I literally feel your pain. But it's SOOO worth it!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I love the pain of a tattoo! Makes ya feel alive! :)

Adiboo wrote: »
    I love the pain of a tattoo! Makes ya feel alive! :)

Yeah, it's mad. It's like a good pain, a pleasurable pain. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Or else we're just kinky bastids :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yis freaks! :p I hate the pain, but love the end result.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Yis freaks! :p I hate the pain, but love the end result.

Im with Damo on this one, the pain is just the means to a glorious end.

The pain is a part of the whole experience for me.

Now what that says about me I don't know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'll have to jump in on the freak side. The setup, the pain, the healing. It's all part of a process.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah the pain is grand. The good stuff shouldn't come too easy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Okay so I've only ever sat for 45 minutes but I sort of stopped noticing the pain after a while. It did hurt more after he switched to the shading needle but still, didn't think it was all that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Okay so I've only ever sat for 45 minutes but I sort of stopped noticing the pain after a while. It did hurt more after he switched to the shading needle but still, didn't think it was all that bad.

Wait till you have had a long sitting, depending on the body part I've always found the first few hours fine its then the burn kicks in and you feel like a tender piece of meat :). Also depends on were you are getting the tattoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I feel the pain the same from start to finish. (I don't get endorphins!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

All I can say is f*******************ck that hurt 5 hours on the inside of my bicep the part just under the armpit was particularly interesting.

dinorebel wrote: »
    All I can say is f*******************ck that hurt 5 hours on the inside of my bicep the part just under the armpit was particularly interesting.

Really? Dammit, I'm getting one done there in the next few weeks. :(

Really? Dammit, I'm getting one done there in the next few weeks. :(

No pain no gain PKM :pac:

It makes sense though, try poking that part of your body with your finger, notice how much more of in impression it makes than poking the outside of your arm.

Awaits the torent of double entendes that I've left myself wide open for

P_1 wrote: »
    No pain no gain PKM :pac:

It makes sense though, try poking that part of your body with your finger, notice how much more of in impression it makes than poking the outside of your arm.

Awaits the torent of double entendes that I've left myself wide open for

Ah yeah, I know. Having said that, I was told the forearm was a bitch to get done and it didn't hurt at all. Guess I'll know in time. Getting Hannibal Lecter done there. This one...

NEIZZw42fiOAMJ_1_1.jpg

Nice, that should turn out well.

I'd start stretching the arms though, you could be left holding the arm in an uncomfortable position for a while when you're getting that done.

I'd start stretching the arms though, you could be left holding the arm in an uncomfortable position for a while when you're getting that done.

Yeah, that could be a pain in the ass! And it's on the right side too (with the broken collarbone) so could be even more awkward. But like you said, it's worth it.

Yeah, that could be a pain in the ass! And it's on the right side too (with the broken collarbone) so could be even more awkward. But like you said, it's worth it.

Double whammy.

Not to sound like a pain but would you even be able to get inked on the inner arm if the collar bone isn't fully healed?

Double whammy.

Not to sound like a pain but would you even be able to get inked on the inner arm if the collar bone isn't fully healed?

Well the injury is 5 months old, so even though it's not healed, the pain isn't as bad as it was. The only alternative is the tricep area. What's that like do you know?

• Advertisement

Well the injury is 5 months old, so even though it's not healed, the pain isn't as bad as it was. The only alternative is the tricep area. What's that like do you know?

Have to think back for that one ha, I think the healing was the worse part of that one tbh. I wasn't really able to lift anything too heavy for a while after getting inked there

Advertisement