Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does X hurt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Well the injury is 5 months old, so even though it's not healed, the pain isn't as bad as it was. The only alternative is the tricep area. What's that like do you know?

I personally found the tricep so far probably the easiest sitting I've had to be honest, compared to the ribs and chest its was walk in the park.

Have to get my inner arm tattoo'd still have heard its a bitch and I well believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I personally found the tricep so far probably the easiest sitting I've had to be honest, compared to the ribs and chest its was walk in the park.

Have to get my inner arm tattoo'd still have heard its a bitch and I well believe it.

I found my inner arm a piece of cake!

Adiboo wrote: »
    I found my inner arm a piece of cake!

I hope your right :), it be a few months though have my arse and then backgrounds and blending on the ribs to do first in March and April then back to the arm piece.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The inner bicep is definitely one of the worst places I've been tattooed. I literally shouted for him to stop when he was putting in white highlights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Melion wrote: »
    The inner bicep is definitely one of the worst places I've been tattooed. I literally shouted for him to stop when he was putting in white highlights.

haha, booked in for at least 5 or 6 hours in may to get my inner arm done :P

• Advertisement

Dermighty wrote: »

I lasted 2 and a bit hours, im a pussy when it comes to getting tattooed though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Dermighty wrote: »

Plenty of breaks would be the key to survival I reckon, having said that my longest sitting was only about 2 hours.

P_1 wrote: »
    Plenty of breaks would be the key to survival I reckon, having said that my longest sitting was only about 2 hours.

Me personally I hate breaks especially early on when im finding it easy going its kinda like dont stop while the going is good, later on while I do need them I still don't think they help to be honest.

My longest would be 6 hours once on the arm which was ok, once on the ribs which was a bitch, would have tapped out on that one but couldn't since it was at the convention and the artist was from Greece.

Breaks are horrible IMO. I hate stopping for 5-10 minutes, it just hurts way more when you start going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Out of my '4' tattoos, the two on my back only took around an hour and a half each, and were fairly easy sits. The one on my chest was around 3 hours, and the Zelda Link piece on my leg is around 6.5 hours, 3.5 for the top one, then 3 hours for the bottom two. For each of the 3+ hour ones, the artists took a smoke break around half way through. The one on my chest I found the worst, 3.5 hours of trying-not-to-squirm-so-that-I-don't-muck-it-up agony! The 3.5 hour one was grand, but the bottom part of the 16-bit Link where it came down to the top of the knee was pretty excruciating, but thankfully didn't take too long.

• Advertisement

Ah I meant say a halftime break for a coffee or a smoke.

Remember if you smoke the hardest thing can be going so many hours without one sometimes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Ah I meant say a halftime break for a coffee or a smoke.

Remember if you smoke the hardest thing can be going so many hours without one sometimes :pac:

Acutally, there's a thing. I've been told not to drink booze beforehand. Not a problem in my case as I don't anyway but why? And what about other drugs?

legspin wrote: »
    Acutally, there's a thing. I've been told not to drink booze beforehand. Not a problem in my case as I don't anyway but why? And what about other drugs?

Alcohol is a blood thinner.

I have to get my chest finished soon and I'm dreading it :(

The chest is a bitch! I don't envy you!

Well maybe a little.

Chest is a bitch, especially right on the chest plate ouch.

I got it lined last March and havent had the balls to finish it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 missymunchkin

So thigh tattoos , anyone got one on the outside of their thigh? What's the pain rating and how was healing? Could you drive afterwards and walk normally ect. X

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Speedygonzalez

Missymunchkin,
    I got a small dandelion tattoo on my thigh two weeks ago and it really didn't hurt and healed up fine. Was my first so was clinging onto the chair for dear life expecting it to be really sore but actually found the sensation very pleasant. Can understand now why people get addicted to tattoos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

So thigh tattoos , anyone got one on the outside of their thigh? What's the pain rating and how was healing? Could you drive afterwards and walk normally ect. X
    Got both thighs done, inside and outside. Outside is definitely the easier of the two. Pain isn't too bad, but you will certainly notice it. Absolutely no issues with healing unless you wear tight jeans or anything. Won't affect walking or driving. How big you planning? First tattoo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 dondaric

I've did two nine hour sessions on my chest both were ok up until the bit with the white high-lights,came close to tapping out both times. I don't think breaks help with the pain. Chest was definitely the worst area I had to do but I'm glad I did it in two sessions

I have one, it was sore but nothing unbearable IIRC. The healing was a bit of a bastard because i always wear jeans so there was a lot of uncomfortable "rubbing"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I have one, it was sore but nothing unbearable IIRC. The healing was a bit of a bastard because i always wear jeans so there was a lot of uncomfortable "rubbing"
    I was accused of uncomfortable rubbing at the cinema:o

Never gotten tattooed there but I do have to inject there a few times a day thanks to the diabetes. You have plenty of flesh between the skin and the bone with few nerves, veins etc to worry about.

I would hazard a guess that it would be one of the less painful parts of the body to get inked.

Never gotten tattooed there but I do have to inject there a few times a day thanks to the diabetes. You have plenty of flesh between the skin and the bone with few nerves, veins etc to worry about.

I would hazard a guess that it would be one of the less painful parts of the body to get inked.

Youd be incorrect :)

Youd be incorrect :)

Really? I guess the healing part of it would be a right biatch alright

Thanks, gulp . :) its my 5th but its a big piece and my first big piece. It's about 30cm. Iv smaller ones on both my side's , my shoulder and my wrist.

Thanks, gulp . :) its my 5th but its a big piece and my first big piece. It's about 30cm. Iv smaller ones on both my side's , my shoulder and my wrist.

If you got through two pieces on your ribs, this will be a breeze for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

If you could get your ribs done then you'll have no problem with your thigh, don't worry. Good luck
    I see adiboo beat me to the punch :)

• Advertisement

No not my ribs , my side's on the bottom of my back :)

Advertisement