Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does X hurt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'm getting my left calf tattooed at the moment, 1 sessions down, 1 to go.

Have to say, I found the first session (5 hours) pretty rough. Had to take breaks every 40-60 minutes.
    I'm not sure why. I'm pretty fit and muscular, so I would carry less bodyfat than most, maybe the skin is tighter? Well it's either that, or I'm a wuss, so I'm sticking with option #1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Hi guys, i want to get a tattoo in memory of my best friend who passed away in Jan.

I want it to say

"A memory lasts forever, Never does it die. True friends stay together And never said goodbye"

I want to put it down my tricep like this

marytattoo.png

Anyone know how painful this area would be and a rough price if anyone knows, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Bump anyone able to answer the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Vain wrote: »
    Hi guys, i want to get a tattoo in memory of my best friend who passed away in Jan.

I want it to say

"A memory lasts forever, Never does it die. True friends stay together And never said goodbye"

I want to put it down my tricep like this

marytattoo.png

Anyone know how painful this area would be and a rough price if anyone knows, thanks!

No-one except the artist can give you a price quote.

With regards pain, it's a personal thing, but I don't think the tricep area is meant to be too bad. I had the outside of my arm tattooed, and it wasn't bad except near the shoulder. The inside of the arm is meant to be rough. But again, you can ask the artist, they'll have a wider experience than any of us with seeing the reaction of a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Does the back of the neck and tragus hurt to get pierced?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sanchi31

Dental X-rays do not hurt. During a bitewing x-ray, the most common type of x-ray, you simply bite on a thick paper tab while the x-ray is taken. The process is painless and results are immediate.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

sanchi31 wrote: »
    Dental X-rays do not hurt. During a bitewing x-ray, the most common type of x-ray, you simply bite on a thick paper tab while the x-ray is taken. The process is painless and results are immediate.

Wrong forum???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Does the back of the neck and tragus hurt to get pierced?

Tragus, not much, mine bled a lot though cause the guy used a needle that was too big.

Neck hurt alright, but the pain is only for a minute, and then after its a bit sore but more stiff than anything. Also depends on how much skin you have there, mine was quite tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

Finally bit the bullet and got both my nipples done, the first one was grand, bit of a pinch but the second one was AWFUL!! Felt every bit of the needle pushing through!!

There was a bit of pain after but took painkillers because I could feel them throbbing. I had to work the same day and it wasnt too bad at all once the painkillers kicked in. :rolleyes: The main thing is i LOVE them!!

Next stop is a VCH which I couldnt find anything on "how much it hurts?" The pain factor isnt putting me off as such, but just wondering what is feeling on it after wards, I will either be getting a bus or train back home which will take about an hour and a half or 2 hours so just want to have an idea of what the feeling after the piercing is if that makes sense? Planning on heading to either Snakebite or Bodyshock to get it done in the next couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

My friend has it done and told me it wasn't very painful at all (she has several) and is one of the quickest to heal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

teaholic wrote: »
    Finally bit the bullet and got both my nipples done, the first one was grand, bit of a pinch but the second one was AWFUL!! Felt every bit of the needle pushing through!!

There was a bit of pain after but took painkillers because I could feel them throbbing. I had to work the same day and it wasnt too bad at all once the painkillers kicked in. :rolleyes: The main thing is i LOVE them!!

Next stop is a VCH which I couldnt find anything on "how much it hurts?" The pain factor isnt putting me off as such, but just wondering what is feeling on it after wards, I will either be getting a bus or train back home which will take about an hour and a half or 2 hours so just want to have an idea of what the feeling after the piercing is if that makes sense? Planning on heading to either Snakebite or Bodyshock to get it done in the next couple of weeks.

Fair play! Second one is worse because your body is feeling amped up after the first one!

If you do a quick search for VCH you'll find a few comments about it. My advice, wear something loose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

OK, I have both arms done (on biceps, none on forearms or anything) and I have my back/shoulderblades done. Now my tattooist has an idea for my legs, but he didn't specify where. I was thinking maybe the calf? I've seen it done on lads and it looks savage (with the right tattoo of course), but how painful is it in comparison? Hurts more or less or the same?

I was thinking of maybe getting this?

valentino-rossi-sun-logo.jpg

OR

Valentino_Rossi_Sun-logo-F4CD20E69D-seeklogo.com.gif

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I've found the legs grand for the most part. The calf was the least painful spot for me (roughly on par with the bicep), but moving to the shin was annoying to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Hi!
    I was just wondering about the pain involved in getting a tattoo along the inside of your foot.
    I want to get a quote roughly 5in long...which is pretty much the entire length of my foot (i've got tiny feet)
    I'm not brilliant at pain, like I have a tattoo on back of hip which was grand, and just above the bone on my inside ankle, once again grand but when doing both I definitely noticed the increase in pain over the more bony parts. Will the pain on the inside of my foot be kinda similar to the pain for the others when they were over the bony parts...or will it be worse?

I know there have been previous threads on foot tattoo but they all seem to be more about getting one on the top of your foot but sorry if this has already been answered!!

This is what I'm getting tattooed hopefully

create.php?text=Never%20Laugh%20at%20Live%20Dragons&name=tagetts2_U.ttf&size=40&style_color=000000

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The foot is a lot stingier (for lack of a better word :P) than other places. It is one of the sorer places to get tattooed, but it's not massively unbearable. Also be sure on the placement as there are parts of the foot where the ink won't take well.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

I'm guessing the closer to the sole the less it holds...would I be right?

Also not massively unbearable doesn't fill me with a whole pile of confidence :P

bradyle wrote: »
    I'm guessing the closer to the sole the less it holds...would I be right?

Also not massively unbearable doesn't fill me with a whole pile of confidence :P

Pretty much yeah!

Well put it this way, I personally found it to be the sorest of places to get tattooed, but it's not unbearable pain. You'll be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daniel4589

Foot isn't too bad, If you have other tattoo's you will know what to expect and will be fine =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cbr250

what would you compare the pain of getting a tattoo to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daniel4589

cbr250 wrote: »
    what would you compare the pain of getting a tattoo to?

I'm not really sure, I have the full front of my body covered in them and can say that the chest was pretty painful, But yet I still stayed still and let my mate tattoo me for hours on end lol, So its sort of like a bearable pain that can hurt more in some places on some people and not at all on others, I laughed getting my ribs tattoo'd when everyone said that was real sore, So I think you kinda have to get one really :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jwilco

Thinking of getting one done on the back of the lower leg. Is it painfully and is it worth taking anything to numb the pain?

jwilco wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one done on the back of the lower leg. Is it painfully and is it worth taking anything to numb the pain?

No, most painkillers will thin the blood causing you to bleed a lot more when getting a tattoo. It's more annoying than actually painful. Imagine a cat scratching you repeatedly.

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

I was very drunk while in Cyprus and as far as i can remember i actually felt getting a tattoo was pleasurable.Like a massage of the skin?
    I am thinking of getting a tattoo sober will it hurt a lot.
    I think maybe the only reason i enjoyed the last one was the alcohol.Also the guy doing the tattoo said i was sweating and the alcohol in my blood makes his job harder.It is better to get it done sober he said.

I was very drunk while in Cyprus and as far as i can remember i actually felt getting a tattoo was pleasurable.Like a massage of the skin?
    I am thinking of getting a tattoo sober will it hurt a lot.
    I think maybe the only reason i enjoyed the last one was the alcohol.Also the guy doing the tattoo said i was sweating and the alcohol in my blood makes his job harder.It is better to get it done sober he said.

You should only EVER get tattooed sober, because the alcohol thins your blood, making it much harder for the tattoo artist and making it much more severe on your system, and consequently could have knock on effects for healing the tattoo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Got a double snug piercing the other day, first one was fine, the second one was sore mainly because of the clamp. Its a sore fúcker to heal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

You should only EVER get tattooed sober,
    lol, misread that as you should NEVER... and thought wtf?!?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6 choedoboy

it's not so bad getting a tattoo i have three one i did myself.. it stings a little at first but goes numb after the first five minutes or so. all depending on where you get it i suppose (like the ribs) but i did a 7in long 4in wide scorpion on my leg and did rather good....it doesn't feel like a shot from a doc if thats what you think of more like a rubber band smacking you for a few minutes. hope this might help your decision in the future:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aniejomes

i have a tattoo on my waist. A dragon tattoo. I get it done from Dublin last year. And i can never forgot the pain . It was unbearable at that moment. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 triloko

Hey, I've never gotten a tattoo before and I'm one of those people who thought they'd go through their whole lives without having one. I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for about a year now (always the same, didn't change my mind about the design). I was wondering how much a tattoo on my shoulder-blade would hurt on some sort of scale...

Obviously it's impossible to quantify but if you could give any description of the process and how it feels that'd be really helpful!

• Advertisement

triloko wrote: »
    Hey, I've never gotten a tattoo before and I'm one of those people who thought they'd go through their whole lives without having one. I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for about a year now (always the same, didn't change my mind about the design). I was wondering how much a tattoo on my shoulder-blade would hurt on some sort of scale...

Obviously it's impossible to quantify but if you could give any description of the process and how it feels that'd be really helpful!

Personally thought it was very manageable, but it'll depend on a lot of factors.
    Essentially, the nerve endings on your back are spaced out a lot more than a lot of the body, and are bunched into little 'clusters', so times you'll hardly feel anything more than a scratching, and other time it will just make you grit your teeth.

Advertisement