Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does X hurt?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Couldn't believe how not painful the leg and shin bone was. I'd been dreading it all week cause I'm a pussy and I flew through it, almost pleasant t'was.

I found that the higher up on the shin you went, the easier it was. Saying that, i very nearly hit my limit when i was getting my shin/ankle/foot done. Couple of times i just wanted to pack it in, and i have quite a high pain threshold!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Couldn't believe how not painful the leg and shin bone was. I'd been dreading it all week cause I'm a pussy and I flew through it, almost pleasant t'was.

I was the exact same! Have a tattoo on my left shin and was dreading the pain. But the area on the side of the leg towards the calf was actually way more painful. The tattoo goes up to just below my knee cap. Needless to say, it was painful when it reached that area too! But the shin in general was fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just a quick question.

Got my bellybutton pierced almost 10 years ago, had no issues with it, healed absolutely fine. Took the bar out for just over a month and tried to put it back in last night, but ended up having to force it in. Quite a lot of blood and today it was like a fresh piercing - required cleaning and was very tender.

Should I take it back out, let it heal, and get it re-pierced professionally or is this normal and should I persevere? Its quite painful and I'm not sure what to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Just a quick question.

Got my bellybutton pierced almost 10 years ago, had no issues with it, healed absolutely fine. Took the bar out for just over a month and tried to put it back in last night, but ended up having to force it in. Quite a lot of blood and today it was like a fresh piercing - required cleaning and was very tender.

Should I take it back out, let it heal, and get it re-pierced professionally or is this normal and should I persevere? Its quite painful and I'm not sure what to do!

I'd leave the bar in and treat it as a new piercing, do everything you did when you first got it pierced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭xtinataguba

what part of the body hurts most? really curious, i wanted to get a tattoo but im afriad it hurts a lot, but the say it doesnt hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

what part of the body hurts most? really curious, i wanted to get a tattoo but im afriad it hurts a lot, but the say it doesnt hurt.

It's said that the ribs or collarbone area are up there. From my own personal experience it was my hand. It's all subjective though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Everybody is different. Honestly!
    It can range from mild irritation that you can almost ignore/forget about, to pretty painful, depending on the location and the person. As already said, ribs/collarbone tend to be commonly very painful ones, and I can say around my collarbone/shoulder socket area was my worst area so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ribs, stomach hands and feet are supposedly the most painful areas. But it differs from person to person. Me personally my foot and collarbone area were the most painful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

We had a chat about it before in the shop, back of the knees won!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Anyone got there helix pierced? Is it a right b!tch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Anyone got there helix pierced? Is it a right b!tch?

No, not at all. No pain getting it done, healing is awkward though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Melion wrote: »
    No, not at all. No pain getting it done, healing is awkward though.

Oh good, was thinking of getting something new, just have the lobe of the ear done which ironically stung more thsn the nipple:p. I could imagine healing being awkward alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Helix is ok. Takes a while to heal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Melion wrote: »
    We had a chat about it before in the shop, back of the knees won!!!!
    Feel inclined to agree, back of the knee is horrible. Healing is just bad as well, every bend of the knee stretching out the skin, wasn't pleasant. Ribs and stomach are a close second

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

How painful are tattoos on the wrist? Thinking about getting a small one on each wrist, basically on the small knub of bone directly below the thumb, but just where your arm bones meet at your wrist. I'd imagine it'd hurt like a bitch, which is why I'd be going for small tattoos there :p

polkabunny wrote: »
    How painful are tattoos on the wrist? Thinking about getting a small one on each wrist, basically on the small knub of bone directly below the thumb, but just where your arm bones meet at your wrist. I'd imagine it'd hurt like a bitch, which is why I'd be going for small tattoos there :p
    As said above, it's very very subjective. I personally didn't find any part of the arms bad, from the wrist to the shoulder. Besides, being a small tattoo means any discomfort will be brief. Just make sure you're fed and hydrated, and try relax. Easy

polkabunny wrote: »

I found my wrists to be a breeze! Unless you have a very low pain threshold i cant see you suffering too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nicolaxxoo

I got a foot tattoo a few days ago and it honestly didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would! I got myself worked up for no reason!!
    I also had a wrist tattoo :) It depends on your pain threshold tbh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

Thanks guys, might take the plunge after Christmas, haven't got any ink yet so it'll be an experience anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Feel inclined to agree, back of the knee is horrible. Healing is just bad as well, every bend of the knee stretching out the skin, wasn't pleasant. Ribs and stomach are a close second

front of knees/elbows cant be too nice either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I have a pretty high pain threshold, and so far have found all my tattoos tickly rather than painful.
    However, I'm a bit nervous. I'm tossed up between my leg (back of my upper calf) and my ribcage for my next tattoo. Only thing turning me off the ribcage is the supposed pain involved. :(

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I have a pretty high pain threshold, and so far have found all my tattoos tickly rather than painful.
    However, I'm a bit nervous. I'm tossed up between my leg (back of my upper calf) and my ribcage for my next tattoo. Only thing turning me off the ribcage is the supposed pain involved. :(

I've heard the ribcage is a wench to get done. And healing is a nightmare too! Anyone who has their ribs done has my up most admiration! Too chicken for that!

I've heard the ribcage is a wench to get done. And healing is a nightmare too! Anyone who has their ribs done has my up most admiration! Too chicken for that!

Yeah, I've heard horror stories! I don't mind the healing process, I think I could handle that. It's literally the pain I'm worried about.

My mam is hilarious though, she's convinced they'll accidentally puncture my lung, hit a bone or kill me. :pac:

Yeah, I've heard horror stories! I don't mind the healing process, I think I could handle that. It's literally the pain I'm worried about.

My mam is hilarious though, she's convinced they'll accidentally puncture my lung, hit a bone or kill me. :pac:

Ha!! The amount of times my mam has asked me if i'm worried about getting blood poisoning from the ink is absolutely hilarious!!

Ha!! The amount of times my mam has asked me if i'm worried about getting blood poisoning from the ink is absolutely hilarious!!

Oh yeah, she mentioned that too. 'If you get surgery and they have to go through that, they won't see the veins through the ink, they'll pierce your veins and then the ink will mix with your blood and poison you.'

Yeah, Mam, great logic at work there. :pac:

Oh yeah, she mentioned that too. 'If you get surgery and they have to go through that, they won't see the veins through the ink, they'll pierce your veins and then the ink will mix with your blood and poison you.'

Yeah, Mam, great logic at work there. :pac:

Mammy logic! I often wonder... if i ever unleash some poor unfortunates demon spawn on the world, would I be as bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I wont lie I find the ribcage is a bitch, one ribcage done from armpit to hip, and the other one is currently a work in progress armit to ass. I have found the first three to four hours are okay but after that really start to feel the burn, my last sitting was the first time ive ever had to say to an artist nope no more we have to stop it got to the point that even when he put his hand on me I was twitching :o.

The healing is grand on the ribs ive found.

But at the end of the day its well worth it so go for it :).

I wont lie I find the ribcage is a bitch, one ribcage done from armpit to hip, and the other one is currently a work in progress armit to ass. I have found the first three to four hours are okay but after that really start to feel the burn, my last sitting was the first time ive ever had to say to an artist nope no more we have to stop it got to the point that even when he put his hand on me I was twitching :o.

The healing is grand on the ribs ive found.

But at the end of the day its well worth it so go for it :).

Hmm, thanks for that. :) The one I'm planning isn't gonna be huge so should only take about 3-4 hours tops to do anyway, so I MIGHT just be able to hold out that long. Of course, then I'll basically flash everyone I know to show it to them when it's done, rather than being ladylike.

• Advertisement

Arawn wrote: »

front of knees/elbows cant be too nice either
    I found the elbows ok, but you're right about the knee cap......****ing horrendous personally. Healing wasn't as bad as the back of the knee but my right knee really swelled, left not so much

Advertisement