Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Snow socks deal on groupon €44

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Just to update...pair of snow socks duly recieved...now, I am not a particularly unreasonable person, so I have changed the reason for my original paypal claim (delayed delivery) to which nobody deigned to respond, to "incorrect quantity"...and despite the totally unreasonable delay will be more than happy to accept either:

1. A second pair ofsnow socks at no further charge.
    2. Refund of half the purchase price.

That seems very fair...now, let us see what they make of it.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭skyguy19

I have to say I didn't buy this offer, but I do remember receiving that email cut and paste above.

That being said - I also remember thinking at the time that it was bull****. The law in this country is that you are entitled to the deal as advertised - they are not allowed change it after.
    If I walk into Dunnes stories and something is labelled €10 and they tell me at a till it should have been €20 - they still have to give it to me for 10 - otherwise its considered false adversting (a point which I have successfully argued and won by the way

your wrong, advertising it is a an invitation to treat, until the person at the till accepts it there is no contract, so they are not obliged to give you it at the advertised price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

skyguy19 wrote: »
    your wrong, advertising it is a an invitation to treat, until the person at the till accepts it there is no contract, so they are not obliged to give you it at the advertised price.

Yeah someone else pointed that out. I dunno maybe law changed at some point. But I always remember learning that they had to honour advertised prices otherwise was false advertising

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Yeah someone else pointed that out. I dunno maybe law changed at some point. But I always remember learning that they had to honour advertised prices otherwise was false advertising

They have to honor it, once the voucher was sent to us that was the contract sealed.

And no surprise I haven't heard from groupon or snowsocks since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

yop wrote: »
    They have to honor it, once the voucher was sent to us that was the contract sealed.

And no surprise I haven't heard from groupon or snowsocks since.

Yes I know we were discussing something else

• Advertisement

As far as I can tell, when it is online advertising what it says at the point of sale (and, despite changing the detail later, "4" was definately stated at point of sale) goes...

Like the 245ml (or whatever) written on can of beans...if it only contain 125ml you have a trade descriptions problem...MUCH more serious than just advertising.

Once you get to beyond the point of sale (as in the vouchers), it becomes an even more serious "breach of contract" problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Anyone got any further replies from Groupon or anyone else? Not responding to me anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

mcgovern wrote: »
    Anyone got any further replies from Groupon or anyone else? Not responding to me anymore.

I emailed the snowsocks crowd about a week ago - no reply.

No response at all to my paypal claim (for a second pair of sock or half refund) - no surprise...they didn't respond for weeks to non-delivery claim either...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

not a word from anyone.
    Shocking poor behavior.

• Advertisement

No response from anyone, so Paypal have closed the case and credited me with €22 (half the price of the 4 snow socks I paid for). Of course, I get to keep th two socks they sent me.

This suits me fine, but in no way affects my right to complain about the misrepresentation involved.

Got email from snowsocks company, said it wasn't their fault and to contact groupon.

Might help a lot if someone has screenshot that show clearly whether groupon are uniquely responsible or not?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My single pair arrived just there now, onto Groupon now I suppose

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    My single pair arrived just there now, onto Groupon now I suppose

Same as, just in the door a single pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭whitefoot

Today was obviously delivery day as I just also received a single pair...........half off the quantity that I paid for and at a 61 day delivery interval versus the advertised 28 days.
    Groupon have behaved shamlesslly here and I wish I had paid them by PayPal as that seems to be the the only practical way to get the half our money back that we are all owed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 teire01

I just received mine yesterday as well and got 2 although I was expecting 4 as the voucher stated.
    I have another query regarding these: mine were supposed to be heavy duty and on the website they showed yellow picture for these but what I got are blue - Does anyone know how I can tell heavy duty from standard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭skyguy19

on the back of he bag its should have a code somethin like KA** or KB** Ka is standard and KB is heavy duty. I only got 1 pair and to be honest even though it said 2 pairs on the adv, I kinda knew it was a midstake so Im not even going to claim for the second pair, happy new year to all

After numerous mails with Groupon, they offered me 50% refund in Groupon coupons, which I refused.
    A few more e-mails, and they said they would give me a full refund (I had been asking for a 50% refund or another 2 snow socks).
    Almost 2 weeks later, no refund, and they are no longer replying.

If you didn't pay by paypal, is there any point in raising the issue with your credit card company?

Can we get a phone number for Groupon? Bet we can :D

• Advertisement

Here you go, Groupon Europe who own the Groupon.ie domain:
    Daniel Glasner Groupon Europe GmbH
    Address: Rosenstrasse 17 10178 Berlin Germany
    Phone: +49 30 473753070
    Fax: +49 30 473753490

Remember Berlin time is an hour later than ours.

(my source - just so the mods know it is in the public domain http://website.informer.com/daniel+glasner+Groupon+Europe+GmbH.html )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭alias no.9

aare wrote: »
    If you didn't pay by paypal, is there any point in raising the issue with your credit card company?

Can we get a phone number for Groupon? Bet we can :D

I posted the Groupon phone number when it became clear that there was a discrepancy between the offer and the PDF coupon.

alias no.9 wrote: »
    I got no reply to my email about whether they would provide the set of 4 I chose to purchase, so I rang them on 1800 93 69 27 and cancelled the order.

...anyway, the snowsocks are back on Groupon again...this time in pairs...

aare wrote: »
    ...anyway, the snowsocks are back on Groupon again...this time in pairs...

Just spotted that! :D

Got my full refund to my cc a few days ago.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Got my full refund to my cc a few days ago.

All 44 euros?

No word from the consumer association would you believe.. :rolleyes: Another quango! :D

yop wrote: »
    All 44 euros?

No word from the consumer association would you believe.. :rolleyes: Another quango! :D

Yep, took multiple e-mails to Groupon, and eventually a managers involvement but I did get it.

Advertisement