Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riello 40 Burner

• 27-10-2011 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi everyone just wondering if anybody else hashad this problem. Just installed a stove in my kitchen and linked it up to my heating system. so drained the system the other day with the plumber and everthing got fitted but when he tried to start up boiler it woun't come on..theres power going to the unit but won't fire not sure what could be wrong with it..amy ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Is the re-set button on the front of the burner lite ??

It sounds like the hi limit stat has tripped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Trademark

I'm not certain if I have the same set up, but had start up problems for a while with the same burner, airlocks in the fuel line were the thing that solved it.

Drained out the fuel filter tap, then there's what I thought was a bleed line but looking at pics it's a "pump pressure regulator." Opened that a bit and the rest of the air hissed out like a slow fart at mass.

Once there was continuous fuel through the line filter and through the pressure regulator I put it back together and it fired up and worked fine.

If it's not the same kind of set up, sorry for wasting your reading time, maybe somebody will google the same thing and it'll fix it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mickdel

Is the re-set button on the front of the burner lite ??

It sounds like the hi limit stat has tripped.

No re set light on burner not lit but tink that might ave not av been workin beforehand. Has a frost stat connected was wondering should i disconnect and try it again also was thinkin of un wiring the pump and puttin plug on it to c if it wasstill workin??

How do i reset the hi limit stat?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mickdel

Trademark wrote: »
    I'm not certain if I have the same set up, but had start up problems for a while with the same burner, airlocks in the fuel line were the thing that solved it.

Drained out the fuel filter tap, then there's what I thought was a bleed line but looking at pics it's a "pump pressure regulator." Opened that a bit and the rest of the air hissed out like a slow fart at mass.

Once there was continuous fuel through the line filter and through the pressure regulator I put it back together and it fired up and worked fine.

If it's not the same kind of set up, sorry for wasting your reading time, maybe somebody will google the same thing and it'll fix it :)

Thought it might ave been the oil too have bled the system still no joy. Whereabouts is the Pump pressure regulator? Could it just be badly airlocked? When plumber drained system he ran out of copper and had to come back nxt day but system wasn't filled up again and there was a frost dat night so wonder did the boiler try and run could it have blown the thermostat or tripped this hi stat thermo as suggested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭marknjb

the high limit is usually a little button u push in beside the heating control stat it normally has a little cap on it post a picture of the control stat area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭.243

if there is no power in the burner or light on in the burner,as others have said re set the high limit stat or a wall stat needs to be turned up

Advertisement