Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asus Transformer Prime

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭madmoe

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Just an update, i'm finaly getting my replacement prime this Saturday. Returned my last one due to reboots happening every few minutes. Hoping this one wont have any problems. Will report back here to update on how my new one will be doing.

You returned it to Amazon??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

So, my Prime has arrived. Will get my hands on it this evening.

What is the best sleeve to get. I just want a sock that it can slide into... And where can I get one in London? Bear in mind mine will come with the keyboard... Not sure if I'll want to travel with or without the attachment, but I either need a fairly elastic sock or two depending on whether the keyboard is attached or not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

madmoe wrote: »
    You returned it to Amazon??

No, got mine in the Fnac in Paris.

I've now been using my tablet for a total of 10 hours and haven't had a single reboot yet :) . Very happy so far with my replacement! (typing this message on it btw)

I've been using mine for a two days now and haven't had a reboot yet. The browser has stalled a couple of times, but nothing major. Wifi has worked fine in a number of locations including airports. Haven't tried GPS yet...

I've heard you should do a factory reset after the ics update, is it necessary? I haven't done it yet & have the tablet set up nicely now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Bluefoam wrote: »
    What is the best sleeve to get. I just want a sock that it can slide into... And where can I get one in London?

I got this one and it does the job very well when Im carrying both the tab and keyboard dock,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Just got the. 21 update there!

Liking the ability to lock the notification bar!

Ordered a Prime yesterday evening from Amazon.co.uk about 3.30 p.m. and chose for the fastest shipping option. Now almost a full day later it says still awaiting dispatch?? Should I wait until 5 this evening and if they still have not dispatched it cancel the order? Kinda annoyed at them to be honest.....

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Ordered a Prime yesterday evening from Amazon.co.uk about 3.30 p.m. and chose for the fastest shipping option. Now almost a full day later it says still awaiting dispatch?? Should I wait until 5 this evening and if they still have not dispatched it cancel the order? Kinda annoyed at them to be honest.....

Ring them, I have found their customer service to be very good, if you ring them they should get it dispached immediately (maybe the'll trow in a discount or something for your trouble).

Sconsey wrote: »
    Ring them, I have found their customer service to be very good, if you ring them they should get it dispached immediately (maybe the'll trow in a discount or something for your trouble).

Tried calling and it rang out?? Decided to cancel it and got this e-mail back:

Hello Mark,

We're contacting you about your cancellation request for order #

Unfortunately we weren't able to cancel the following item(s) from your order:

Asus EeePad Transformer Prime TF201 10.1 inch Tablet with Keyboard/Dock - Champagne Gold (Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad Core 1.3GHz, RAM 1GB, Storage 32GB eMMC,

When you receive your order, you're welcome to refuse the package and it will be returned to us. If you are unable to refuse delivery, please visit our Online Returns Support Centre to create your personalised returns label so you can send this item back to us for a full refund:
    www.amazon.co.uk/returns-support

I only ordered it and paid for express delivery yesterday so I would have it for the weekend as away from mid afternoon tomorrow and there is no way it will get here now before tomorrow evening!!

Well annoyed at them!!

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You don't actually want to cancel it just because it's going to get there a day late, do you?
    Just mail them when you get it and ask for a refund on the extra cost for express delivery which wasn't honoured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Right my fourth prime went back due to a bend in the bezel which was a QA problem but im hearing stories of other bent bezel's causing cracked glass due to pressure.

Giving up from here, cracking device let down by heavy flaws which 600 euro shouldn't be getting. Currys.ie has them in stock on their website. In my opinion i'd wait for them to release the TF300 or Infinity.

If your looking for similar spec Tegra 3 check out the Acer A510 which should be here in 2 weeks.

You don't actually want to cancel it just because it's going to get there a day late, do you?
    Just mail them when you get it and ask for a refund on the extra cost for express delivery which wasn't honoured.

Just annoyed at how long it taking to dispatch!!

Big update coming for this apparently,

Souce, official on xda developers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭legrand

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Big update coming for this apparently,

Souce, official on xda developers

Link?

I assume you mean the end of this post?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=23409128&postcount=1

he's been leading us all on about this big update for 2 weeks now :D

Grassey wrote: »

Think it came out a few days ago....

I finally got to play with one of these for a few minutes yesterday when my friend was buying one. Damn, it's a nice piece of kit.

I finally got to play with one of these for a few minutes yesterday when my friend was buying one. Damn, it's a nice piece of kit.

It is indeed GORGEOUS but for the asking price and the fact that the GPS does not work and there are WiFi issues just to name a few I could not warrant the €629 plus asking price.....

• Advertisement

GPS works fine on it, as does Wifi but there's no way in hell I could afford 600 euros for one.

GPS works fine on it, as does Wifi but there's no way in hell I could afford 600 euros for one.

GPS did not work on the one I got from Amazon, neither outside or inside and I tested it thoroughly with the GPS Test application. Tested the demo model in PC World the other day with the GPS Test app and the same deal, it could not pick up any satellites at all.

WiFi range was bad on mine, then the .21 update came along and it improved but WiFi was eating then battery and always appeared on top in the battery stats. It was fairly obvious ASUS had increased the power to the WiFi module at the expense of the battery. Loads of users on XDA reporting a huge decrease in battery lifer after the .21 update :-(

My GPS works fine outside and has even been known to get a location inside. WiFi has always worked and hasn't changed since the update...

Bluefoam wrote: »
    My GPS works fine outside and has even been known to get a location inside. WiFi has always worked and hasn't changed since the update...

Great that your GPS works....had to send mine back anyhow as not prepared to pay such a high price for GPS not to work and ****ty battery life due to WiFi consuming all the battery! I now eagerly await the TP Infinity which I hope will have 90% of the issues sorted out....

Great that your GPS works....had to send mine back anyhow as not prepared to pay such a high price for GPS not to work and ****ty battery life due to WiFi consuming all the battery! I now eagerly await the TP Infinity which I hope will have 90% of the issues sorted out....

You do know that they do not advertise the Prime with GPS? The specification is for assisted GPS which requires WiFi to operate...

Anyway, mine works with or without the WiFi, so :p

Got the update last thurs, mixed feelings over it.

I got the "big announcement" and big update mixed up... my bad.

Though he's still leading us on on that count.
    4/2/2012 Update -

Still working on the details regarding the announcement and once finalized it will be released as quickly as possible....

• Advertisement

GPS did not work on the one I got from Amazon, neither outside or inside and I tested it thoroughly with the GPS Test application. Tested the demo model in PC World the other day with the GPS Test app and the same deal, it could not pick up any satellites at all.

WiFi range was bad on mine, then the .21 update came along and it improved but WiFi was eating then battery and always appeared on top in the battery stats. It was fairly obvious ASUS had increased the power to the WiFi module at the expense of the battery. Loads of users on XDA reporting a huge decrease in battery lifer after the .21 update :-(

Is this the one you only ordered last week? Has anyone identified a batch number or anything to identify the ones with Wifi/GPS problems? I think if I were buying one I'd want to get it from a shop in case of any problems. The place my friend got his said they hadn't had a single return (but then again, they probably would say that!)

No, you're thinking of .21, they are unrelated.

Grassey wrote: »

Yeah, i just hope it's worth the wait
    legrand wrote: »
    Link?

Read the first post in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1537260

Is this the one you only ordered last week? Has anyone identified a batch number or anything to identify the ones with Wifi/GPS problems? I think if I were buying one I'd want to get it from a shop in case of any problems. The place my friend got his said they hadn't had a single return (but then again, they probably would say that!)

Yep, sure is. It was a C2 serial number and the one in PC World was a C3 model so I was annoyed from the get go I had gotten a C2 and it nearly the end of March when I got it! Anyhow, it's gone back to Amazon now. The C3 in PC World had no existent GPS as well.

Cheers,
    M

Yep, sure is. It was a C2 serial number and the one in PC World was a C3 model so I was annoyed from the get go I had gotten a C2 and it nearly the end of March when I got it! Anyhow, it's gone back to Amazon now. The C3 in PC World had no existent GPS as well.

Cheers,
    M

I'll get the serial number of my mate's one for reference if it's any use to you.

I'll get the serial number of my mate's one for reference if it's any use to you.

Would be good to know mate, where did he buy it if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement

Rafloution wrote: »
    Right my fourth prime went back due to a bend in the bezel which was a QA problem but im hearing stories of other bent bezel's causing cracked glass due to pressure.

Giving up from here, cracking device let down by heavy flaws which 600 euro shouldn't be getting. Currys.ie has them in stock on their website. In my opinion i'd wait for them to release the TF300 or Infinity.

If your looking for similar spec Tegra 3 check out the Acer A510 which should be here in 2 weeks.

There is a large enough thread on XDA about the screen cracking, very scary considering the price of it!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1530660

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Far too many issues/defects surrounding The prime,hopefully Asus will address those problems before releasing The Infinity.

Jarren wrote: »
    Far too many issues/defects surrounding The prime,hopefully Asus will address those problems before releasing The Infinity.

Yep...fingers and toes and all firmly crossed!!

Tested the demo model in PC World the other day with the GPS Test app and the same deal, it could not pick up any satellites at all.

To be fair I don't even think I can get gps lock inside on my phone...

Anyways, this chap seems to have worked some voodoo magic on the gps and it seems to be working a hell of a lot better. Still not 100% able to maintain a lock while driving at speed, but it seems to locate and lock faster otherwise.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1564037

Going to DL the RC later and give it a lash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Same situation as you all so frustrating, im glad I sent it back. Mad Moe was spot on for 630 blips it aint worth the grief. What a piece of kit though.

Trying to get hold of the Acer A510 which is due for release soon quite cheap at 399 but a similar spec as the prime minus keyboard.

Unfortunately I crossed over to the dark side of the force last week.

New Ipad!!!

Runs for cover,shuts the door :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Unfortunately I crossed over to the dark side of the force last week.

New Ipad!!!

Runs for cover,shuts the door :pac:

Reported for trolling

not really

Quick question folks, when I switched my transformer prime on it downloaded all of my apps, including chrome to phone. It worked great, unfortunately it appears chrome to phone will only send to either my tablet or my phone, and I have no way of choosing which, it just seems to send to the device it was most recently installed on. A quick search and it seems there is nothing similar but thought I'd ask anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Nolimits wrote: »
    Reported for trolling

not really

I`d still report him for buying an ipad....:confused:

I reported myself :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

I reported myself :(

You did`nt...did you??

• Advertisement

yeah

Not really:pac:

Would be good to know mate, where did he buy it if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers,
    M

It begins with C30, bought in France (Boulanger electronics).

It begins with C30, bought in France (Boulanger electronics).

Thanks mate, most of the new ones now seem to be coming with C3K\C30 so they were manufactured in March and are the latest batch. I was very surprised the one I got off Amazon only last week was a C2.....Is his GPS working perfectly?

Like a charm, even indoors.

Like a charm, even indoors.

Brilliant! Fair play....the C3 model that was in PC World that I looked at on Saturday could not pick up any satellites at all using GPS Test.

Cheers,
    M

Brilliant! Fair play....the C3 model that was in PC World that I looked at on Saturday could not pick up any satellites at all using GPS Test.

Cheers,
    M

Speaking of PC World, I had a cheeky look to see how much one would cost if I were to buy one from the UK as a business customer. 980 euros :confused:

Speaking of PC World, I had a cheeky look to see how much one would cost if I were to buy one from the UK as a business customer. 980 euros :confused:

Oh WOW!! Unreal dude.....are you in the UK now? They were €629 the other day when I was in there......

Oh WOW!! Unreal dude.....are you in the UK now? They were €629 the other day when I was in there......

Not physically, but have a trading address and bank account there. I don't know if you can see this link without logging in but the same item is more expensive ex VAT than inc VAT from PCW if you're a business.

http://www.pcworldbusiness.co.uk/catalogue/iPad%20%26%20Tablets/Tablet%20PCs?sort=-in-fast-stock,-in-stock,price&start=16

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/r/transformer%20prime/0_0_0/

Not physically, but have a trading address and bank account there. I don't know if you can see this link without logging in but the same item is more expensive ex VAT than inc VAT from PCW if you're a business.

http://www.pcworldbusiness.co.uk/catalogue/iPad%20%26%20Tablets/Tablet%20PCs?sort=-in-fast-stock,-in-stock,price&start=16

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/r/transformer%20prime/0_0_0/

Yep, can see both links.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Think my one is a C2 batch and GPS and wifi work fine I'll check the number later.
    I think there was one or two dead pixels I noticed when I got it but I can't find them anymore.
    Picked it up in NY when I was over there the start of March.

Advertisement