Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2011 Presidential Election Exit Poll

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭hiram

I am begining to have that warming feeling in my heart that there may be some good, well minded people out there after all, and that there is hope for this dull, overcast, cold, wet godforsaken Mordo of a Country afterall!! Well Done Michael D!!biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

RTE announcing results of RedC exit poll right now (on TV)

35% of voters' choice was affected "a lot" by Sean Gallagher's controversy over the last week. Interesting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

cornbb wrote: »
    RTE announcing results of RedC exit poll right now (on TV)

35% of voters' choice was affected "a lot" by Sean Gallagher's controversy over the last week. Interesting :)
    Apparently 28% of voters changed first preferences in the last week, and 58% of those moved from SG. That'll leave him with a final tally of around 22% first prefs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

seamus wrote: »
    Apparently 28% of voters changed first preferences in the last week, and 58% of those moved from SG. That'll leave him with a final tally of around 22% first prefs.

Following on the General Election it also reflects the anger of the country of anyone or anything to do with Fianna Fail. The population generally blame them for the state of the country and it will take them a very long time (if at all) to again get the trust of the people.

Fine Gael and Labour should also reflect on the polls and what it means to put Bankers and speculators/gamblers ahead of the people. I know many people who are also angry with them as they broke many of their election promises i.e. "not a cent more". Pay attention lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

So you are not defending Mr. Gallagher then?! I'm not surprised. No one who openly admits to voting for Fianna Fáil can criticise anyone else for being dishonest (see Haughey, Ahern, Cowen, Martin etc). :)

Good to see Higgins starting brightly. It will be interesting to see how transfers work out.

I'm similarly delighted that, as someone who voted #1 FG in the general election, Gay Mitchel is coming in way down the poll. He was an awful choice as a candidate, striking me as the sort of old-school, FG conservative that this generation just cannot relate to. FG could have held the office of Taoiseach and President simultaneously for the first time ever, but the party just didn't seem to have the courage of their convictions to do so. They put in someone who did not speak of policy or ideology, but rather of why the other candidate's ideologies (mainly MMcG!) were bad.
    didn't vote gf either as don't see any difference,
    yes i voted Gallagher,but he let himself down specially as not experience politician and didn't have a party backing,maybe some ff supporters voting for him.if he said im involved in ff etc.he do better,as far as the Morgan fuels goes who's a sf member any ways,he didn't handle it good and cost him,simple as that.
    to each there own,wouldn't in million vote gay Mitchell
    knew higgins would get in as a safe vote,was delighted mmg didn't,
    fg would have done better but poor candidate,even fg supporters said that.

do like any party out there at moment,maybe by next election,there be a new party that people can get behind,till then we have same old and the nutters on the wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

seamus wrote: »
    they where the soft voters everyone was after,no surprise there,at least mmg didn't get much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

trevor21 wrote: »
    trevor21
    I think the public has been conned by a well designed SF plan to get over 20%. Well done to them, game well played or should I say game well played on people of Ireland.

How were the public conned by SF?

Advertisement