Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cables

• 27-10-2011 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,667 ✭✭✭✭

Right thanks to the guys over at richersounds i'm now th proud owner of a pionner VSX 920.

just looking for thoughts on my setup.

Apple TV2
    Sony BPS 370
    UPC HD

all connected with HDMI, now there is opticals ports on the blue ray player adn the apple TV. do i need to use th eoptical or will th eHDMI give me the best sound.

the VSX920 is a 7.1 system but i have onlly 5.1 speakers. can i leave out two of them? will i just get another 2 speakers to bring it up to 7.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 pete.g

you only need to use HDMI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

pete.g wrote: »
    you only need to use HDMI

Read the manual, the answer isn't necessarily the same for each device. A Sky HD box for example outputs regular (left and right only) stereo via the HDMI port, you need an optical or coaxial cable to get 5.1
    ted1 wrote: »
    the VSX920 is a 7.1 system but i have onlly 5.1 speakers. can i leave out two of them? will i just get another 2 speakers to bring it up to 7.

You should be able to access an option on the setup menus to say that you only have 5.1 capability.

Advertisement