Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clock repair

• 27-10-2011 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

hi guys ,

does anyone know where i can get a clock fixed in ennis?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

There is a small clock & watch repair shop in Parnell Street, coming from Parnell Square on the right hand side.
    Lovely guy in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

His shop window looks like time has stood still.
    But don't judge the book...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

+ 1 for the guy in Parnell Street.

Sorry, I have no idea what his name is but he has been working out of his little shop for over twenty years, he is a qualified Horologist, he really knows his stuff and have a very helpful manner.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

+2 for Popeye on Parnell Street, the man is gifted at fixing time-pieces

Clareman wrote: »
    +2 for Popeye on Parnell Street, the man is gifted at fixing time-pieces
    LOL :D:D:D

I thought he was called Lollipop!! He is not the original "Lolipop", he passed away a while back but I believe that the guy in Parnell Street worked for him and the Lollipop name has followed him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought Lollipop was the original and Popeye replaced him, could be completely wrong though. If I remember correctly the sign is Galvin on the window, maybe Gavin

Clareman wrote: »
    I thought Lollipop was the original and Popeye replaced him, could be completely wrong though. If I remember correctly the sign is Galvin on the window, maybe Gavin
    Maybe, you're right, I must ask my dad about it, he tends to know about all the old characters in Ennis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

His name is Seamus Feely & the clocks in the window are not for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Macushlablue

He's fixed some clocks for me before and did a great job...very hard to get him though, as I think the shop only opens occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gravityisalie

Thanks everyone ! He fixed the clock no problems at all and only charged 4 euro , a lovely man he was too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Glad to hear it :)

I wonder how he can survive? I've been twice in his shop, only for minor repairs of my wrist watch, and he only charged me for material. A very rare thing these days.
    Does he do the shop just for his own amusement and he doesn't need the money? :confused:

Advertisement