Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 days without a fag !

• 27-10-2011 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I was asked yesterday how long I was off the smokes, worked out this morning that I had passed the 100 day mark last week, this is about 30 times longer than I have ever managed in the past.
    Still have the nearly full pack of SK sitting on my desk looking sad and neglected.
    I don't think I could have done this without vaping. I use to smoke 5/6 packs a week I'm now using about 15ml of 18 or 24mg juice in the same period saving about €500 all in.
    Thank you to all the people on this forum for the great ideas and information.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Well done. A saving of 500 quid in 100 days is today's Ireland is quite something not to mention the other benefits of quitting fags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

My maths is terrible but I'm also around the 100 day mark (25 july till now?)
    And whats most surprising is how easy it was.
    Think I saved about 120 yoyos, Amber Leaf was cheap ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I was asked yesterday how long I was off the smokes, worked out this morning that I had passed the 100 day mark last week, this is about 30 times longer than I have ever managed in the past.
    Still have the nearly full pack of SK sitting on my desk looking sad and neglected.
    I don't think I could have done this without vaping. I use to smoke 5/6 packs a week I'm now using about 15ml of 18 or 24mg juice in the same period saving about €500 all in.
    Thank you to all the people on this forum for the great ideas and information.
    Good going, well done.
    tommy2bad wrote: »
    My maths is terrible but I'm also around the 100 day mark (25 july till now?)
    And whats most surprising is how easy it was.
    Think I saved about 120 yoyos, Amber Leaf was cheap ****e.

Haven't saved much as i was smoking rollies also but i have spent a fair bit of money on vaping since i started. Just had a quick look at all payments since i started and it's a lot more than i thought :eek:
    But i like vaping, achieved my aim to stop smoking rollies and have reduced my nicotine down to 6mg which is good progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

I love my new sig :-) I get a warm feeling in my pocket every time I look at it...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Over a year I'll save about €2600 compered to buying 20 Blue a day. Thats sweet money to be saving!:D Plus I dont miss the ciggies at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sharpsilver

12 Days now with intellicig....Whats this vaping thingy?is it like intellicig?

12 Days now with intellicig....Whats this vaping thingy?is it like intellicig?

Yep you're doing it right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Well done everyone

I got my sig at www.vaportalk.com/Smokefree and just used euro Prices

Almost at the half year point,saved just over €1300 and spent just under 400 on vapeing stuff. but still have loads of juice,spare attys and other bits and pieses :D

some of my gear
    photoop.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Jo Satan

Congrats to velocivaper, 100 days is great going. Keep it up

The best thing about vaping is that I am really convinced that I will never smoke again, not worried about relapsing when out on the sauce etc

I've saved a bunch of cash at this stage, I find the sig very encouraging.
    I reckon I've spent about €200 on hardware and eliquid, mostly trying out different flavours/sellers.

Looking forward to seeing the months turn to years in my signature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This is week 13 for me. I haven't worked out how much I've saved though, mainly because I'll probably find out how much I've spent on vaping stuff, in particular all the nasty liquids that went in the bin, and all the dud carts too...

The thing that worries me though is that I've only replaced one habit with another. If I didn't have my eCig with me on a night out, I know I would struggle a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 velocivaper

Eoin wrote: »
    The thing that worries me though is that I've only replaced one habit with another..

The same thought crossed my mind,
    however, as I struggle with my conscience,
    my wallet and lungs feel much improved.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Well done to all who gave up the dreaded weed, was at my aunts funeral yesterday. She was only in her early sixties and leaves a devastated family behind her because of the cancer sticks!

Eoin;
    The thing that worries me though is that I've only replaced one habit with another.
    littlehorny;
    was at my aunts funeral yesterday. She was only in her early sixties and leaves a devastated family behind her because of the cancer sticks!

Sorry to hear bout your aunt but to Eoin, compare and contrast, Its not just one habit with another, is it.

I think you know what I meant - I'm still dependent on something and haven't broken my habit, which might make it easier to slip up. Let's not get into the semantics of it. Again.

@littlehorny, sorry to hear that.

Well done to all who gave up the dreaded weed, was at my aunts funeral yesterday. She was only in her early sixties and leaves a devastated family behind her because of the cancer sticks!

Condolences to you and your family.
    Posts like that give me an added incentive, a realisation of the consequences that we are trying to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

derra wrote: »
    Condolences to you and your family.
    Posts like that give me an added incentive, a realisation of the consequences that we are trying to avoid.
    Thanks for the kind words guys, ok you save a few quid by giving them up but f**k the money, your health is your wealth!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Stealthirl wrote: »

some of my gear
    photoop.jpg
    Lol at the cannabis ashtray in the background.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

jesus and I thought my little box of juices and flavours was hardcore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

just thought id post agen,im now at the half year mark :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 velocivaper

Well done!:)
    That's my next target @ end of Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

mikom wrote: »
    Lol at the cannabis ashtray in the background.

That pic makes me feel a lot better - my gear is definietly mounting up big time. Even bought a syringe & needle from local chemist for transferrings liquids from different tank systems I have. I'M NOT A JUNKIE - HONEST!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭NewDirection

Fair play to ya, that's fantastic.

I've just gone past the hundred day mark recently and it feels great. It's only now three months in and a few hundred euros more in my pocket, that mates of mine are starting to take notice. Three have now ordered e-cigs, so even if one of them uses them to kick the fags, it'll be a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Wait til you get close to the two year mark! I've two large "fishing tackle boxes" full of vaping odds and ends at this point... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

I'll be a year in February! never managed more than a couple of weeks before... I paid my car insurance last month with the money I have saved from smoking 20 a day plus :D:D:D

4 months on Monday for me. Not sure how much money I've actually saved between all the vaping stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

hi eoin
    we must have given them up within hours of each other ...follw my sig it'll put a smile on your face ...it does for me ... 4 months and over a grand saved ( not counting the outlay on atomizers batteries and liquid ) .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think eoin is counting all the atomisers/batteries and liquid :p

i know i've saved a **** ton in the year i've been vaping, but at times.. when you have to shell out on new atomisers 3 or 4 times a month because you keep getting duds.. it doesn't feel like it

I'm sure I've saved some money, but that's really just a bonus. Delighted not to be smoking - 4 months is the longest I've lasted in a long time (maybe ever), and I've had very few weak moments so far, because of my eCig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

In about twenty seven minutes it's a full one hundred days without a cigarette!

Huge thanks to Derra for helping me get on the way :D

• Advertisement

FunkZ wrote: »
    In about twenty seven minutes it's a full one hundred days without a cigarette!

Huge thanks to Derra for helping me get on the way :D

Good man FunkZ and well done, don't have a quickie with the missus in that time in case there is a couple fags lying around :D

Advertisement