Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Would have thought by now somone would have developed a nice conceable pepper spray /baton/single shot slamfire 20 GA shotgun cammoed up as a underslung bike tyre pump that you mount on the frame..:cool:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

OK folks, please bring this thread back to the realms of reality and no more Walter Mitty stuff. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

Id love a land rover 101 and convert it to similar to this one
    http://www.nealonline.net/101/101ch.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Would have thought by now somone would have developed a nice conceable pepper spray /baton/single shot slamfire 20 GA shotgun cammoed up as a underslung bike tyre pump that you mount on the frame..:cool:

There is unfortunately a huge overlap between those that are militant cyclists and those that are wussy vegetarian anti-hunting pacifists who think the government should do everything for them. So technology is sadly lacking when it comes to bicycle mounted shotguns.

A boat might be useful as it might give you a chance to escape the SHTF situation or at least get to an island where you don't have to worry about scum so much. It is always possible that the scum beat you to it. If you get the variety with the pole and a piece of cloth sticking out of it you don't have to worry about fuel either

• Advertisement

eth0 wrote: »
    There is unfortunately a huge overlap between those that are militant cyclists and those that are wussy vegetarian anti-hunting pacifists who think the government should do everything for them. So technology is sadly lacking when it comes to bicycle mounted shotguns.
    True,but there was that kind of mindset in NYC as well,until a few women joggers got raped and murderd in Central Park,and then there was a flood of anti rape jogging friendly devices on the market.:rolleyes:Bit late for the victims mind..
    A boat might be useful as it might give you a chance to escape the SHTF situation or at least get to an island where you don't have to worry about scum so much. It is always possible that the scum beat you to it. If you get the variety with the pole and a piece of cloth sticking out of it you don't have to worry about fuel either
    Indeed very possible however the ones with bits of cloth and ropes and things,are a seriously awkward yoke to use having to go to point ,C,D,E,F from point A to get to point B!:D.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Bejaybers lads. I hope it never comes down to the sort of world you are preparing for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

slowburner wrote: »
    Bejaybers lads. I hope it never comes down to the sort of world you are preparing for.

so do we tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

Tigger wrote: »
    so do we tbh
    It would be fun for one day TIGGER to see unprepared people in a blind panic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

much as i'd love to be a Baron i'd hate to see it happen

• Advertisement

I alway liked Tina Turner's lines on this in Mad Max 3 Beyond Thunderdome.Where Auntie Entity is interviewng Mel Gibson [Max Rockatansky]
    AE "Once a cock of the walk,now a nobody! I was a nobody before it all happened,now I'm a sombody.Look out there..I created this.I created Barter town."

Its funny to see people panic over nothing, like a bit of fluff or water on the road that will go away by itself. These people lead very dull lives and can't enjoy any situation that disrupts their routine. Like the lads I saw in England a couple years ago with their suit hanging in an expensive car and the PRUNDLE lever set to 'S' for what they think means 'Snow' and wondering why they're still stuck.

Actual serious panic I won't laugh at. I don't thrive on other people's genuine misery

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Came across this (two year old) article this morning and thought it might interest some here. The City of Portland have included emergency response cargo-bikes as part of their Disaster Response plans. Their biggest fear is probably an earthquake, which would cause traffic problems for conventional response vehicles, but the approach could be appropriate for anyone looking to get out of the city in an SHTF scenario.

http://bikeportland.org/2012/03/28/the-next-frontier-for-cargo-bikes-disaster-response-69571

And also, I think the bikes look pretty cool.

http://blog.machinefinder.com/3255/john-deere-walking-tractor

A mighty piece of kit if you could get your hands on one

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Nice view from the office

willbe_walking3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bonniebede

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Tabnabs wrote: »
    We'll all be long in the grave by the time oil runs out. It is finite of course, but it's a long way down the road.

Might be useful to breed whales just in case though... ;)

Would obese american tourists not do?

Would obese american tourists not do?

We have a good domestic supply of fatties now since the American way of life was ushered into this place during the Tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bonniebede

eth0 wrote: »
    We have a good domestic supply of fatties now since the American way of life was ushered into this place during the Tiger

Hey! Thats my portable emergency calorie supply you're talking about.:mad: I'm not obese, I well prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

hey all

been a while..mad busy with stuff...popped in to share this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190688714427?redirect=mobile

enjoy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement