Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google satellite imagery

• 27-10-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about this? When was it taken? whats the source?

Its more up-to-date than the imagery on the OSI mapviewer ('05 orthophotography). I need to know when it was taken though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

Google maps or Google Earth?

depends on what part of the country you are looking at. You'll get the dates in Google Earth alright but I'm not too sure about Google maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

Google maps (or bing). I was using it on my phone so thats why it was used initially. Google maps and bing seem to be using the same images. And yes its missing lots of bits :D

I'll have a look in Google Earth, thanks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

fits wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about this? When was it taken? whats the source?

Its more up-to-date than the imagery on the OSI mapviewer ('05 orthophotography). I need to know when it was taken though.
    Google earth images are predominantly from 2006 to 2011 I think but this varies from place to place.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Google sponsored the GeoEye 1 satellite, so I imagine much of their imagery since 2008 has come from there.

Advertisement