Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holes in Lawn

Options
  • 27-10-2011 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

I was out in my back garden yesterday and noticed something had been digging in it, the holes are about an inch in diameter and an half an inch to an inch deep there is quite a few of them aswell, just wondering does anyone have any idea as to what might be doing this.

There is a pheasant hanging about but he has been there a while and the holes only appeared in the last couple of days so I dont think its him but maybe I am wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

its prob a badger rooting for earthworms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Great thanks for that.

Not going near the garden at night now without a twig in hand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

fear not, he'll be more scared than you:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

rje66 wrote: »
    its prob a badger rooting for earthworms
    Or a fox. I had a similar problem a few years back with a fox rooting for grubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sounds to me like Crow or Magpie damage, I have seen Crows making lots of holes in a lawn looking for grubs at this time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Sounds to me like Crow or Magpie damage, I have seen Crows making lots of holes in a lawn looking for grubs at this time of year.

Could be crows alright there is a lot of them round here recently

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

Crows or rooks digging for grubs I'd say. Leatherjackets (crane fly larvae) are plentiful this time of year.

Advertisement