Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New broadband Connection

• 27-10-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi all

I am thinking of getting Ericom Broadband,

I have been told I can get 24mb Next Generation Broadband in my house:)

I was just wondering will this do for me playing online games on my PS3(Fifa12,Battlefield,Call of Duty) and also my Girlfriend using the laptop just looking at websites and facebook.

So if anybody can help please do
    Thanks
    Wayne

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

From reading posts here I think 11 - 14mb is the max you get with that package which is quite expensive... all depends on your line stats and the area you're in..
    If you can get UPC in your area, I wouldn't even consider eircom.
    UPC much cheaper, + better service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

mark17j wrote: »
    From reading posts here I think 11 - 14mb is the max you get with that package which is quite expensive... all depends on your line stats and the area you're in..

It entirely depends on line stats and how far you are away from your local telephone exchange. You'll need to check with the provider first to see what speed you can expect to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭waynestledger

mark17j wrote: »
    If you can get UPC in your area, I wouldn't even consider eircom.
    UPC much cheaper, + better service

thanks for the reply. i cant get upc but i have been told i can get Magnet Force Max 24mb

Advertisement