Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr.Binman enter examinership.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/1022/1224306297207.html

Decision next week, their survival plan includes securing finance from another bank! That alone is going to be difficult to achieve.

<mod> Linky fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

ABEasy wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/1022/1224306297207.html

Decision next week, their survival plan includes securing finance from another bank! That alone is going to be difficult to achieve.

<mod> Linky fixed

Where are they going to get a bank to back them!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mod Note: New thread salvaged from the wreckage of the original.

Examinership refused, dont have link but on rte website maybe mod might link for me (on mobile). Protection extended until tomorrow in case of appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Nope looks like the final nail is about to be put into there coffin such a shame on the staff , the directors should be ashamed of themselves they ran the company to the ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Looks like the report has been updated, a bit more positive of the jobs front than earlier.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/1027/breaking35.html

lol " refusal of bank of Scotland to provide further funding" seriously you owe us 53 million...would you like a few more quid!

Yes, nobody can really blame the bank! They seem to want to save the jobs as much as possible and want to ensure customers aren't inconvenienced so that is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

lol " refusal of bank of Scotland to provide further funding" seriously you owe us 53 million...would you like a few more quid!

Had to laugh at that bit. They ran up debts of 53 million to that bank as well as debts of millions to other sources, but they want to try and blame the bank for not lending more money again.

The six interested parties thing is laughable as well. A week or so ago we had the mayor on the radio talking about this, and saying that he was confident it was sorted. And the six investors were trotted out as some kind of proof that things would be fine. I said back then that the mayor would be better served staying quiet on the topic and waiting for the decision of the court as that is the only decision that counts, rather than going to the radio station to repeat information that he was told by Mr Binman. I refer to it as information that he was told by them because in the interview he says exactly that.

I have a great deal of sympathy for the ordinary workers at the company as they face a very uncertain future and it is good that the bank is making sure they get their wages in the short to medium term, but I have no sympathy for the people that ran up stupid debts and who have made comments to the media that smack of people who think they should be allowed their own way on things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

My girlfriend is one of the 300 people that are with Binman. It's an absolute disgrace what has happened. I mean when you look at, every second house between Limerick and Waterford is supplied by Mr. Binman. How the hell could let themselves get into so much debt when their business was booming?

I know in the past year or so, a lot of customers changed from Binman to someone else, simply because they were getting better deals elsewhere. And by all accounts, the management of the company is totally arse ways.

My husband is one of them too. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

My girlfriend is one of the 300 people that are with Binman. It's an absolute disgrace what has happened. I mean when you look at, every second house between Limerick and Waterford is supplied by Mr. Binman. How the hell could let themselves get into so much debt when their business was booming?

I know in the past year or so, a lot of customers changed from Binman to someone else, simply because they were getting better deals elsewhere. And by all accounts, the management of the company is totally arse ways.

I wouldnt say every second house. Its probably less than that!

Feel sorry for the contractors more than anybody! They'll have to write off their debts and a few could go to the wall because of the recklessness of Mr Binmans directors. Hope they are made accountable for their actions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

ABEasy wrote: »
    Feel sorry for the contractors more than anybody! They'll have to write off their debts and a few could go to the wall because of the recklessness of Mr Binmans directors. Hope they are made accountable for their actions!
    Your having a laugh right accountable? look at what some of the directors of construction companies that created the mess we're in, dont see many of them being made accountable 53m compared to 53b not a drop in the ocean in comparison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

We don't do "accountable" in this country .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I really feel for the people whose jobs are under threat. It's the last thing this country needs :(

I am (overdue) with renewing my bin charges. I have a full bin at home and was going to renew with Mr Binman, however I'm not sure now. Their website said things will continue for the short - medium term. Do people think I'd be ok to renew for another 6months? I rang Clean Irl but they will deliver new bins, meaning i will be stuck with the rubbish i currently have in my bin (don't want to empty it by hand as it has been there for a while:eek:) i assume Mr Binman won't take away the full bin:confused:

Thanks,
    Mel.b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭roco71

mel.b wrote: »
    I really feel for the people whose jobs are under threat. It's the last thing this country needs :(

I am (overdue) with renewing my bin charges. I have a full bin at home and was going to renew with Mr Binman, however I'm not sure now. Their website said things will continue for the short - medium term. Do people think I'd be ok to renew for another 6months? I rang Clean Irl but they will deliver new bins, meaning i will be stuck with the rubbish i currently have in my bin (don't want to empty it by hand as it has been there for a while:eek:) i assume Mr Binman won't take away the full bin:confused:

Thanks,
    Mel.b

Firstly, DO NOT pay Mr Binman for 6 months now, it is too risky given the situation. Here in Waterford they take monthly payments so will they not take a monthly payment off you there in the Limerick area? this will at least clear any rubbish you have in Mr Binman bins (well it should anyway)

Secondly, will Clean IRL not empty the Binman bins if you pay them for it. If they want your business, then they should empty your existing bins for you as good customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭skyguy19

go to clean ireland, they give a better service and are cheaper

Thanks roco and skyguy.

When I spoke to Clean Irl I asked if they would empty the Mr BinMan bin and they said no. However I might give them a call back on Tues and push it a bit to see if if they will empty it for the first collection, so then at least i can give Mr binman back an empty bin. Otherwise the pay by the month option (if still available) with Mr binman is the way to go I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Will give a shout for AES as well, they're frightfully cheap. 8 per rubbish bin per lift, 3 per brown, free recyclable and glass bins, service charge of 75(?) from now til July, which is their usual 6-month charge. In College Court atm, and we managed to get it even cheaper, so ask about it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I left Limerick in July, and had the same problem for my last month as you do Mel.

Our 6 month subscription ended at the end of May and I knew I was going at the end of June so I arranged to pay monthly with Mr. Binman, paid only for June, filled the bins to the hilt, cancelled my subscription at the end of the month and high-tailed it off to Dublin with a clean house and clean conscience :pac:

Give them a buzz on Tuesday and see how you fare out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Mel
    I changed from mr binman to AES last year and when I did I just rang mr binman and they came out to take back their bins and they took them with all the rubbish in them.

AEs works out perfect for me cos I dont have much rubbish, and its basically a pay as you go service, not sure how it works out if you have a bigger household though.

Thanks all. AES doesn't service where I am (only Mr Binman and Clean Irl). Anyway, rang Mr Binman today and was able to sign up for pay monthly so that should get things sorted.

Advertisement