Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phonewatch "service plus"

Options
  • 27-10-2011 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at the pricing for the phonewatch system we inherited when we moved into the house.

They are looking for €150 for the service plus part of their package. It only seems to cover replacement parts as far as I can see - the labour element looks to be covered in the 2 annual visits they provide as part of the base package anyway. The thing is - there aren't exactly a whole lot of parts to this since it's wireless. There are maybe 10 sensors attached to the windows & doors and then the control panel itself. This €150 looks to me to be along the lines of the mobile phone insurance that costs a fair proportion of buying the whole thing from scratch. Am I missing something here ?

If one of the sensors fails, how much does it cost to go out and buy a new one ? Is programming/associating it to the control panel covered as part of the 2 annual call outs or would they refuse to add in a sensor they didn't supply ?

z

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For €150 all callouts and labour should be covered.
    Cannot understand companies charging an annual fee for service and then wanting you to pay for calls and labour as well. Shop around and her in writing exactly what's covered and prices for everything that's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

zagmund wrote: »
    I'm looking at the pricing for the phonewatch system we inherited when we moved into the house.

They are looking for €150 for the service plus part of their package. It only seems to cover replacement parts as far as I can see - the labour element looks to be covered in the 2 annual visits they provide as part of the base package anyway. The thing is - there aren't exactly a whole lot of parts to this since it's wireless. There are maybe 10 sensors attached to the windows & doors and then the control panel itself. This €150 looks to me to be along the lines of the mobile phone insurance that costs a fair proportion of buying the whole thing from scratch. Am I missing something here ?

If one of the sensors fails, how much does it cost to go out and buy a new one ? Is programming/associating it to the control panel covered as part of the 2 annual call outs or would they refuse to add in a sensor they didn't supply ?

z

They charge €85 per sensor. There service plus refers to the system and parts. I have seen many a system fried by lightning through the phone line. If this happens you, the XT replacement and labour would cost a small fortune off them without this cover. It is not worth the money. If it does happen then any installer would be more than happy to install the NX10. With this system it can use all the sensors you have installed for less what they will charge to replace your panel.

Advertisement