Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for Intel Stock CPU cooler

Options
  • 27-10-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I have a Core2Quad q8400, Asus P5Q Pro turbo motherboard. I'm occasionally overclocking from 2.66ghz to 3.4ghz with stock cooling, in order to get full speed PS2 emulation. I'd like some better cooling in order to get things a little more stable.

Initially I was going to get a Corsair A50 or A70, as they are quite cheap, but a few reviews have knocked their bulky size, which can interfere with Ram. I would like to spend less than €45, so the Frio or Noctua D14 are out.

Any recommendations? Would anyone recommend the A70?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

What RAM have you got? If it doesn't have much of a heatspreader you'd be fine with the A70 most-likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭The Toff

Yeah, it is just regular ddr2 memory. I think the issue in those reviews was with bulky ram with heatsinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

The Toff wrote: »
    Yeah, it is just regular ddr2 memory. I think the issue in those reviews was with bulky ram with heatsinks.
    it'll work perfectly fine so.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 akazzz

CM 212+ or CM 212+ EVO or Scythe Mugen 2 Rev B

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭The Toff

Just ordered the 212+. Thanks for the tip! It suits me perfectly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement