Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Types of Diallers

Options
  • 27-10-2011 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Complete alarm novice here, I was looking at the various options for alarm alerts. One of the suppliers I was talking with offers a fixed land line dialler which I believe can send text messages. I have wireless broadband and I have the option to get a relatively cheap landlines, apparently this does not support SMS or a Monitored alarm.

The other option is to purchase a GSM Dialler for approx e00 euro from the supplier and adding a SIM. Is this price a bit much ? Is there the option of adding my own dialler or will this invalidate the guarantee ? I'm a bit disappointed the landline dialler won't work out as it was pretty much included.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

imitation wrote: »
    Complete alarm novice here, I was looking at the various options for alarm alerts. One of the suppliers I was talking with offers a fixed land line dialler which I believe can send text messages. I have wireless broadband and I have the option to get a relatively cheap landlines, apparently this does not support SMS or a Monitored alarm.

The other option is to purchase a GSM Dialler for approx e00 euro from the supplier and adding a SIM. Is this price a bit much ? Is there the option of adding my own dialler or will this invalidate the guarantee ? I'm a bit disappointed the landline dialler won't work out as it was pretty much included.

Any line that gives out an analog line should work with a voice dialer.
    A GSM is going to be more expensive, what system have you got installed ?

Advertisement