Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration question - what not to say?

Options
  • 27-10-2011 3:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I am flying to USA on Sunday, for a couple of weeks training and induction at a new job I am starting, which will be based here in the UK. I have had trouble with immigration in various countries in the past, so I'm a bit worried as to what to tell immigration when I arrive. I have been approved on the ESTA thing. Do I say I am there for training, or business, or what? It's unclear as to what you can and can't do on the visitor visa. I'm not going to be working for cash over there so I'm unclear. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Training for a role at a company HQ etc is a valid activity under ESTA. Simply be honest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

If you have any documentation on the training you'll be receiving I would bring a copy of that along with you also.

Advertisement