Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ESB night time rates

• 27-10-2011 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Is electricity cheaper at night time than day time?

Would I be better off washing clothes/dishwasher after a certain time or does it matter?

Do I have to opt in to get the cheaper night rates?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi INEEDANID,

This link from our FAQ thread here (top of our forum) might be of help to you: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72740664&postcount=3

If you require any further info after reading it, do let me know.

Regards :)
    Una

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭johneire31

When exactly does the winter time kick in? is it timed with the changing of the time or does it have another date? also when does it end?

thanks

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elevationrec

During the winter time the night rate starts from 11p.m until 8 a.m. and summer time it is from 12 till 9 a.m. Few days ago when the clock went backwards one hour the night tariff starts at 11 p.m.
    You'll need a large amount of appliances running during the night in order to benefit from the night rate as the standalone charge is bigger with this type of electricity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

am i right in saying you would roughly need to use approx 25% of all your electricity during these hours (23:00-08:00) to benefit from the night rate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi who_ru,

You are indeed, though it does depend on usage. If you are a Valuesaver Nightsaver customer for instance, and your average annual consumption is approximately 5,300kWhs (or about 880 units per bill), 22% of those units would need to be used at the nightrate for you to benefit. This works out at just over 3 units per day.

Our online Appliance Calculator (and the smartphone Apps) are good ways to gauge what appliances would use this amount of energy, so as to put you more in control of your costs.

Hope this helps,

David.

• Advertisement
Advertisement