Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misleading promises from Eircom? Surely not ...

Options
  • 27-10-2011 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I recently proceeded to upgrade to 24mb Next Generation Broadband Ultimate having checked that the service was available in my (Ringaskiddy) area. I subsequently recieved this email from Eircom -

'In response to your recently requested eircom broadband upgrade:

As work is required at your exchange to provide you with the 24mb product, service will be delivered to you within 2-10 working days. The modem you currently have may not be compatible with this broadband product, so we are shipping you out a new one at no extra charge.

Many thanks for your Order'

As I was initially assured by Eircom that the service was available, why should the email state 'As work is required at your exchange to provide you with the 24mb product ... '. Any answers to that one?

Then the email states ' .... so we are shipping you out a new modem at no extra charge'.

Ten days since I applied and no sign of the modem and no increase in speed, even though the 'My Eircom' page says that my order has been completed.

I'm confused to say the least:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

dhoun wrote: »
    I recently proceeded to upgrade to 24mb Next Generation Broadband Ultimate having checked that the service was available in my (Ringaskiddy) area. I subsequently recieved this email from Eircom -

As work is required at your exchange to provide you with the 24mb product, service will be delivered to you within 2-10 working days. The modem you currently have may not be compatible with this broadband product, so we are shipping you out a new one at no extra charge.

As I was initially assured by Eircom that the service was available, why should the email state 'As work is required at your exchange to provide you with the 24mb product ... '. Any answers to that one?

Then the email states ' .... so we are shipping you out a new modem at no extra charge'.

Ten days since I applied and no sign of the modem and no increase in speed, even though the 'My Eircom' page says that my order has been completed.

Hi dhoun,

Thank you for your post.

Can you PM your eircom Account or broadband phone number and I will look into this for you.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

dhoun wrote: »

Hi dhoun,

Thank you for your post.

Can you PM your eircom Account or broadband phone number and I will look into this for you.

Kind regards,
    Ant

So what happened? What's the point of all these posts in a public forum if there are no answers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

3rdDegree wrote: »
    So what happened? What's the point of all these posts in a public forum if there are no answers?

Hi 3rdDegree

In this case the customer was responded to via private message. However we should of advised and closed off the thread.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement