Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free upgrade on three. SGS2 or Iphone 4S?

Options
  • 27-10-2011 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

So.

Am getting a phohe upgrade at the end of Nov.

Should be any phone free as I'm on threes flex max tarrif.

I know the sgs2 is (supposedly way superior) to the iphone.

But, thanks to the Apple sheep, the iphone can go for much more money, (already see them on donedeal for €7-800)

Kind of considering getting the uiphone 4s, flogging it on donedeal, then buying a shiny new sgs2 for (400 or so?) and keeping the difference.

Prob have a bit of a snag that the iphone will be locked to three (limiting my potential customers) I know I can unlock the sgs2 with a custom rom etc.

What would you lot think?

Good idea/bad idea?

SGS2 or ip4s?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

Three's iPhone 4S plans are out now. If you're going for the Ultimate Flex Max plan, for god sake, select the 18 month contract.

The phone is free on both the 18 month and 24 month contract and the 24 month one is selected as standard. People have made this mistake in the past.

http://www.three.ie/shop/products/iphone-4s-16gb-white.html?_selectedTariff=billpay&_defaultPriceplan=25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I'll (probably) just renew my existing contact which is an 18 month one.

Bit silly alright when you can get a free iPhone on both plans. Where is the incentive to go 24 month contact over the 18 month one? :pac:

Advertisement