Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 months waiting for phone connection

Options
  • 27-10-2011 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

We recently moved into our new build. In late August, we submitted forms to get a phone line and broadband connection. The web site claims 10 day connection....

It's a long tale but basically we need 3 poles erected. Planning permission was granted on 6th October and nothing has happened since. I've rang Eircom support who tell me it's with the engineers and they can do nothing to speed up the process.

What can we do to push this along? It's a terrible inconconvenience as I work from home and need a good broadband connection.

Why does eircom not have to stand by its mission statement? Throughout this process we have not been given a connection date and all we hear is "maybe next week" when we finally speak to the engineer's office.

I can supply additional details by PM if necessary.
    Please help!
    Daisy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

DaisyB wrote: »
    Hi,

We recently moved into our new build. In late August, we submitted forms to get a phone line and broadband connection. The web site claims 10 day connection....

It's a long tale but basically we need 3 poles erected. Planning permission was granted on 6th October and nothing has happened since. I've rang Eircom support who tell me it's with the engineers and they can do nothing to speed up the process.

What can we do to push this along? It's a terrible inconconvenience as I work from home and need a good broadband connection.

Why does eircom not have to stand by its mission statement? Throughout this process we have not been given a connection date and all we hear is "maybe next week" when we finally speak to the engineer's office.

Please help!
    Daisy

Hi DaisyB
    if you PM me the address of the premises requiring connection and any relevant details ( ie order number) I can check this out for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DaisyB

PM sent Tony, thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Going from application to permission for 3 poles in only 6 weeks or so is staggeringly fast. It often took literally years around 5 years ago.

How was the holiday Tony?? :)

Don't tell me things like that Spongebob. That's not strengthening my case ;).

I do appreciate that putting up poles requires additional time but it's a pity this isn't communciated on the Eircom web site... I'd have put the wheels in motion much sooner.

I'm putting my faith in Tony (no pressure!)

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Going from application to permission for 3 poles in only 6 weeks or so is staggeringly fast. It often took literally years around 5 years ago.

How was the holiday Tony?? :)
    It was good Sponge Bob, strangely relaxing..had no connection to internet for two weeks...:eek:;)
    Tony

• Advertisement

Don't tell me things like that Spongebob. That's not strengthening my case ;).

I do appreciate that putting up poles requires additional time but it's a pity this isn't communciated on the Eircom web site... I'd have put the wheels in motion much sooner.

I'm putting my faith in Tony (no pressure!)

Hi DaisyB
    have details, am chasing with this technical crew and hope to have word later today or Tue..it is possible that weather conditions have delayed this, we have had to assign almost all our techs to resolving the many issues which arose from flooding. I will chase and get you an update though.
    Tony

Thanks Tony.

I haven't heard anything since and there doesn't appear to be any movement on my connection.

Have you found out anything since the weekend?

Thanks in advance,
    Daisy

Thanks Tony.

I haven't heard anything since and there doesn't appear to be any movement on my connection.

Have you found out anything since the weekend?

Thanks in advance,
    Daisy

Hi DaisyB
    My apologies, I was not around yesterday. I can see that agreement has to be reached between eircom and Cavan Co Council for the provision of 3 poles on public roadways. It looks as if this is planned for 21/10. I have PM'd you further info on this and have asked for constand up-dates. I will post as soon as I have further info on this.
    Tony

Hi again Tony,

Have you received any more information on my order?

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

Please help!
    Daisy

Hi DaisyB,

Can you private message me with the telephone number ororder no: If you have it. If not the full address and name will be fine and I will check it out.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,

PM sent as requested.

Daisy

Hi Mark,

PM sent as requested.

Daisy

Hi Daisy,

I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

Hi again Mark/Tony,

It's been another week. Do we have any update on this?

Thanks.

Hi again Mark/Tony,

It's been another week. Do we have any update on this?

Thanks.

Hi DaisyB
    I have been in contact with technical manager in this area and should have some info on this tomorrow afternoon / Wed Morning.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Have you gotten any update since?

Also, if I no longer want to proceed with my connection to Eircom, what do I need to do to cancel my request?

Thanks,
    Daisy

Hi Tony,

Have you gotten any update since?

Also, if I no longer want to proceed with my connection to Eircom, what do I need to do to cancel my request?

Thanks,
    Daisy

Hi DaisyB,

Can you give me until toomorrow to try and get a definitive update and if you still wish to cancel at that point. I can go through that with you.

Thanks, Mark

Ok Tony, thanks. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Hi Guys,

I don't want to be annoying all your heads but I really do need to know what's happening with this application so I can make alternative arrangements if necessary.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I don't want to be annoying all your heads but I really do need to know what's happening with this application so I can make alternative arrangements if necessary.

Thanks.

Hi DaisyB,

I sent you a PM.

Thanks, Mark

We're about 14 weeks waiting for a connection at this stage and we still haven't even got a connection date or any confirmation as to when and if poles are to be erected. The whole experience has been very poor from Eircom's end.

At this stage, we've had to make alternative Broadband arrangements so we won't be signing up for Eircom. We are however going to go ahead with the phone line connection...if it ever happens.

I've send a PM but am wondering how I cancel my broadband order but not the phone connection.

Daisy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

We're about 14 weeks waiting for a connection at this stage and we still haven't even got a connection date or any confirmation as to when and if poles are to be erected. The whole experience has been very poor from Eircom's end.

At this stage, we've had to make alternative Broadband arrangements so we won't be signing up for Eircom. We are however going to go ahead with the phone line connection...if it ever happens.

I've send a PM but am wondering how I cancel my broadband order but not the phone connection.

Daisy

Hi Daisy,

I understand how you feel about the overall experience and I apologise for the delay on behalf of eircom. I know you fully understand there are more parties involved than just ourselves and the process can be protracted.

My colleague has updated your case as follows:

Hi Daisy

I wll follow up on whether the poles will continue to be errected if the account is cancelled. Then get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

Again apologies for the delay,
    Best regards,
    Ant

Hi Ant,

I do fully appreciate that there are others involved. That said, Eircom could update its prospective customers occasionally and could give a consistent story - instead we've got hugely varying messages depending on who we've managed to talk with. And Eircom should also update its website so that rural customers are aware of how long the process takes.

When last I spoke with Mark I had asked if we cancelled the account entirely what would happen - i.e. would poles be erected anyway. We've had a think and decided that we don't want to cancel the full account - we want a phone line. But we do not want broadband (which I originally requested on my application). So we don't want to cancel the request entirely.

Thanks.
    Daisy

Hi Ant,

I do fully appreciate that there are others involved. That said, Eircom could update its prospective customers occasionally and could give a consistent story - instead we've got hugely varying messages depending on who we've managed to talk with. And Eircom should also update its website so that rural customers are aware of how long the process takes.

When last I spoke with Mark I had asked if we cancelled the account entirely what would happen - i.e. would poles be erected anyway. We've had a think and decided that we don't want to cancel the full account - we want a phone line. But we do not want broadband (which I originally requested on my application). So we don't want to cancel the request entirely.

Thanks.
    Daisy

Hi Daisy,

Apologies I didn't see your post PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

Just an update in case anyone ever searches for posts on connection times. We were finally connected to Eircom yesterday.

So it took us over 4.5 months to get connected.

DaisyB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Just an update in case anyone ever searches for posts on connection times. We were finally connected to Eircom yesterday.

So it took us over 4.5 months to get connected.

DaisyB

Thanks for getting back. Sincere apologies for all inconvenience.
    Please let myself or Mark know if we can help you anytime.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Hi Ant,

I was going to post just to say thanks but now there is something you can do for me :)

We've just gotten an e-mail to say Broadband will be connected within 5 days. As I outlined a few months ago, we don't want broadband any more. We're happy with just the phone line.

Can you make sure the request is cancelled?

Thanks again,
    DaisyB

Advertisement