Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM upgrade opinions

Options
  • 27-10-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have the following motherboard and RAM
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, 4 x 1.5V DDR3, Support for DDR3 2000+/1333/1066/800 MHz
    and this RAM
    OCZ 6GB (3X2GB) DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10666 Gold XTC Triple Channel Memory

With RAM so cheap these days I'm think of increasing to a minimum of 8gb and ideally 12gb, my question though any recommendations or is it even worth upgrading ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

Hello

www.memoryc.com have a real easy to use feature

enter PC details and it will tell you RAM to use

You can buy your RAM from them (free delivery) or go elsewhere

best of luck with project

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

stylie wrote: »
    Hi,

I have the following motherboard and RAM
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, 4 x 1.5V DDR3, Support for DDR3 2000+/1333/1066/800 MHz
    and this RAM
    OCZ 6GB (3X2GB) DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10666 Gold XTC Triple Channel Memory

With RAM so cheap these days I'm think of increasing to a minimum of 8gb and ideally 12gb, my question though any recommendations or is it even worth upgrading ?

I you were going to upgrade you would want another 6GB kit with the same speed and timings as the one you have. Alternatively you could buy a 12GB kit and sell the 6GB you have. You only want to use triple channel kits so any other amount is out of the question really.

To be honest unless you are doing heavy video editing or something else demanding there's no need for more than 6GB.

Advertisement