Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BATTLEFIELD 3---28/10/11/---Discussion

Options
  • 27-10-2011 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone.

BATTLEFIELD 3 is released which is great news for everyone!!!

I was considering that some of the reviews here on Boards.ie are very old because they were mostly about the BETA of BATTLEFIELD 3, so there should be a new thread for when the game does come out, so I decided to put it up and then we know what people thoughts are about BATTLEFIELD 3 or if you heard something about BATTLEFIELD 3, you can post it in this thread.

Just to point out, if your talking about a specific console please put at the top of you post what console you talking about. This example is based on the console I have. Example:

" CONSOLE: PS3

Can't wait to get BATTLEFIELD 3! It's going to be the best game yet! The graphics look amazing! "

If you own a PS3, you can add me if you wish:

PSN I.D.: K--A--L--I--M--A

That's pretty much it, I hope that everyone will have a great experience with BATTLEFIELD 3 and I hope to see you in the BATTLEFIELD!!!

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

psn ID: OMARSCOMING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    psn ID: OMARSCOMING.

You should really put your PSN I.D. in this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056386860

This is a discussion thread about BATTLEFIELD 3.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Well, I'm officially hooked to the game (PC that is)

Console: PS3

Looks really a addictive, can't wait to play it. Finished just downloading the update so I can't wait to finally play it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'm getting a failed to connect to ea online!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

I'm just at 39% downloaded its killing me here want a quick blast before bed iv to be up at half 6! dam you oh the joys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Enderman wrote: »
    Well, I'm officially hooked to the game (PC that is)

I have to say I am too. I think its amazing! The map Siene Crossing is class, really reminds me of that last part on the bridge in Saving Private Ryan at times. Was in a squad trying to hold a corner and a building. I also just had two class conquest rounds on Operation Metro of all places!

I just love the way its all out mayhem at times!

I'm getting a failed to connect to ea online!

If the game doesn't work online, I'll be very angry but for now I'm doing the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

servers are down, apparently they have been pretty bad all week,
    typical ea!!! think they would have learned by now just get Microsoft to do the servers at least they would actually work then

mossy2390 wrote: »
    servers are down, apparently they have been pretty bad all week,
    typical ea!!! think they would have learned by now just get Microsoft to do the servers at least they would actually work then

Server are working perfect on the Playstation 3 so I have nothing to complain about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Played a bit of the campaign and then played multiplayer I actually managed to shoot 5 people in the xp played rush on caspian border and td on the canals it's gonna take me time getting use to it :) peace out home dogs !

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kudros

Well I guess I shouldn't have hyped myself up all week, went to midnight launch, got game, came home, put in disk, loaded up origin, updated origin, validated the game, and low and behold it's gonna take 7hrs to install..........great! Cannot understand why no-one can install from the disc, very frustrating especially as it seems EA expects everyone who buys the game to have a decent internet connection........extremely frustrated especially when I can hear my mates commenting on it as they play........complete and utter nightmare!

Kudros wrote: »
    Well I guess I shouldn't have hyped myself up all week, went to midnight launch, got game, came home, put in disk, loaded up origin, updated origin, validated the game, and low and behold it's gonna take 7hrs to install..........great! Cannot understand why no-one can install from the disc, very frustrating especially as it seems EA expects everyone who buys the game to have a decent internet connection........extremely frustrated especially when I can hear my mates commenting on it as they play........complete and utter nightmare!

Did you get it for the PC or another console because it look me less than an hour to update and install BATTLEFIELD 3 onto my PS3.

Had a few games myself on the multiplayer, and I'm very impressed with the game so far. Graphics and the map size are still good on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Been playing it for a few days and its looking good, needs a few bugs sorted but runs nicely on my pc.

running at 6080x1080 with nvidia surround at 60fps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Kudros wrote: »

Did you get it for the PC or another console because it look me less than an hour to update and install BATTLEFIELD 3 onto my PS3.

Had a few games myself on the multiplayer, and I'm very impressed with the game so far. Graphics and the map size are still good on the PS3.

7 hours install from the discs, seriously? That makes no sence. I wouldn't mind if it was that long to download the entire game, but not when you physically have it. :(

Looks like I won't be playing it at all for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

PS3 player.

Well I got to play it last night but only for an hour, two maps being Darmavand Peak (spelling) and Seine Crossing, both on Conquest. No sure why I played CQ as I prefer Rush but anyway.

Seine Crossing is an incredible map.

The sound in the game is unreal and the graphics are great (whats the big hang up on graphics, I love them)

The thing is that I find the aiming controls wierd. I can't explain it, there was no lag but I just found it hard to aim. I messed with the sensitivity and it didn't help, I just hope it is a teething issue arising from the move from BC2 to BF3 but I dont seem to remember having this problem with the Beta. It annoyed me so much I turned if off after an hour but will hit the game hard this evening.

True that the cannon from the tank is powered down and mainly pointless, would prefer a gun to a tank's cannon.

Didn't have a go on a heli or jet yet so I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I noticed coming from Bad Company 2 to BF3 beta the aiming was significantly different and I was missing alot of kills that were typically bread and butter.

I think it will just be a transitional period to get used to it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

i also got the game on the PS3 last night, i am also finding the sensitivity very different from BF2, it feels laggy when aiming and its difficult to get the crosshair on targets accurately

have tried changing the sensitivity up and down but i cannot get it right like it was in BF2

annoying me quite a bit i must say :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rashers10

Many people played it on 360 yet today? I'm heading out at lunch to collect it and I'm gearing myself up for frustration at not being able to play multiplayer (which is the only reason I buy shooters)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

OK first impressions.

After installing it and updating and then installing the HD skins, which took roughly 45 minutes last night. I couldn't get onto Multiplayer so went for single player for a while. The AI is good, the campaign is simple and plays like a cheaper rip off of MW2. But this game isn't about the campaign really, though it does play well and looks amazing.

Eventually got into Multiplayer at 5 am and played til 730. Mostly TDM because it's what I'm used to really. I have never played a BF game online save for a few games of BF2 in internet cafés. It's quite slick really for a game running at 30fps. The weapons are taking a little getting used to but the character is moving well. On TDM the action is quite centered for most maps despite the size of the overall map, there seemed to be action points around buildings but not so much in the scrub. Which is fine by me because I hate having to run for ages looking for people.

I'm not too keen on map design just yet, as said, I'm a call of duty player which has a pretty standard design of 3 ways out of ever place. These maps are far more realistic to life with some places you can get bogged down pretty easily. Also cover in open ground leaves something to be desired.

The people I was playing against annoy the sh1t out of me. There seems to be a lot of camping, not holding an area, I'm talking sitting in the corner of a room and waiting. It's a problem in most games, but this is next level, and it seems the "recon" classes justify such camping for some people. That said, there was still a lot of action around, a bonus of having so many people in a lobby is that not everyone will camp.

I love the feel and sound of the weapons, the recoil is pretty realistic and you really do need to keep it in short bursts, there is no controlling a full auto spray, it's really praying for the best if you do. The sights on the weapons are ****e to start with but it's easy to get used to them.

The vehicles so far seem to be really hard to control, I would love if there was just a few open maps to test them and get used to them on, I haven't really looked to see if you can do a private match alone yet, so maybe I'll be able to but the menus aren't quite as intuitive as I would have liked.

I hate how you can't back out after a game, you have to wait for it to restart and then back out if you want a new lobby or game type. I don't see the point, unless you can do it and I'm just missing something (again, menus not intuitive).

The game types aren't the easiest to just understand, and the explanations leave a lot to be desired, you get used to it, but my first 3 games of conquest I was completely lost.

Overall, I think it will be a really good game when I get used to it and when I can party up with some people to actually play like a team rather than have mic-less people run around like headless chickens getting killed. I hope that the camping ends as people get used to the maps, but I won't hold my breath.

I haven't encountered jets yet, which is annoying, not sure what I have to do to get them.

Now, I am gonna go to sleep, been up far too long playing it. Add me if you would like to party up some nights, I tend to prefer playing with people who really want to win. Xbox live GT is same as my username: minidazzler.

• Advertisement

I came home at 00:15 last night, updated and installed BATTLEFIELD on my PS3 and I have been on it all night, even when I'm typing this.

I'll try to get some sleep soon... hopefully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Campaign is amazing so far. Just on
    uprising
    now, great atmosphere to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Is team speak not working? I couldn't talk to my fellow squad mates last night at all, nor hear from them either????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

finished single player last night
    That Solomon, What a Prick!
    plays a lot like Modern warfare, 24 style storyline etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

just came back home with 360 and PC version!

installing PC version and will keep 360 version for later, when misses comes back. she loves to watch me play online FPS ( dont ask, i have no idea why... she just have taste for blood as non gamer ).

Ordered food in chiper and waiting( it just came in while i typed this lololol ) for it to install. My lads from north already got a 20 man server and flying around in it! come on! install!

i guess it gives time to eat my taco chips + beer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

You have a wait ahead of you
    Took me 2 hours to download and install last night on a 50mb connection

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rashers10

Seems to be running only ok on 360 so far. Keep getting put on opposite team to my mate even if there was plenty of space on both sides.
    Dropping out of about a third of games so far. But runs reasonable when I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

just came back home with 360 and PC version!

installing PC version and will keep 360 version for later, when misses comes back. she loves to watch me play online FPS ( dont ask, i have no idea why... she just have taste for blood as non gamer ).

Ordered food in chiper and waiting( it just came in while i typed this lololol ) for it to install. My lads from north already got a 20 man server and flying around in it! come on! install!

i guess it gives time to eat my taco chips + beer :D

The lunch of champions! I'm jealous!

Can't wait to pick up the xbox version myself after work!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well had 1 hour of game.

i have to say its so lovely optimised!

it works way better then beta on my setup so i am really happy!

anyone knows is it possible to join more then one platoon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Had to start from the start again, the son got on my ps3 and instead of resuming game he restarted campaign and deleted what i had done, devastated ant the word and my cat is MIA which has me even more bloody upset :(
    Edit: cat found

Advertisement