Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BATTLEFIELD 3---28/10/11/---Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,064 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Right, the Single Player was impressive to a degree, getting into the MIG for the first time was the best part of the SP game for me, felt like i was there and what it would be like (albeit with a little more rumbling i'd imagine). The story felt like a rehash of MW's. Bit disappointing that way really, didn't feel new. And i apparently had to feel for certain characters, but i wouldn't be able to recall their names now if it tried.

As for the MP, as a CoD player it's taking a helluva long time to get used to it. And any bit of lag is basically a deatwish, which unfortunately seems to be the whole time for me. I'm off work till Monday, and if i haven't got the swing of it by then, it's a trade for me.

I was expecting more to be honest, but it just feels like Battlefield: Misfit Company. Shiney, a bit faster, a bit smoother, and with Jets. But, thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Right, the Single Player was impressive to a degree, getting into the MIG for the first time was the best part of the SP game for me, felt like i was there and what it would be like (albeit with a little more rumbling i'd imagine). The story felt like a rehash of MW's. Bit disappointing that way really, didn't feel new. And i apparently had to feel for certain characters, but i wouldn't be able to recall their names now if it tried.

As for the MP, as a CoD player it's taking a helluva long time to get used to it. And any bit of lag is basically a deatwish, which unfortunately seems to be the whole time for me. I'm off work till Monday, and if i haven't got the swing of it by then, it's a trade for me.

I was expecting more to be honest, but it just feels like Battlefield: Misfit Company. Shiney, a bit faster, a bit smoother, and with Jets. But, thats it.
    Campaign is brilliant so far IMO. Just up to
    Night Shift
    and the story has been spot on. Anyone know how many campaign missions there are? I don't want to finish it tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

Have benn playing for a few days and really enjoying. Finally a break from COD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Just finished campaign on hard setting and it was so easy, hardly died at all. Not impressed it was boring and predictable.
    I love the multiplayer so I'm still very happy with my purchase.

Btw there are 3 chapters after night shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Buying BF3 and playing single player - YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nh23

Is anyone else experiencing lag, it ran smoothly earlier but i cant get into a lag free game for the past few hours. I understand its the first week of release but with the beta you would think they would have it sorted out. I would also like to add that this is one of the best multiplayer games i have ever played

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

My 1st battlefield game, I have only played a couple of games of team deathmatch but its really good, I cant wait to play it with some friends.

I love that the maps. Havnt seen any vehicles yet, dont know why but Im guessing they are all afraid of me, understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Bar it taking an age to get into a lobby and the spawns being muck.......it's class.

Just spawned me onto a nade :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,771 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

anyone on PS3 if your chatting to your friends on headphones they continuously breaking up hope they address this issue

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay. I had my first epic moment in bf3!

Me and 2 other lads tried to take A, but we got pinned down by helicopter between containers.
    All I had was rpg... You know how hard to hit a ms ing helicopter with rpg. So while it was going sideways and spraying us I just ran out from cover amd shot few
    Meters in front of it. Then instantly turned around and legged back to cover without even looking at my rockets destination. When I ran in back in to container - bang! Rain of numbers on screen too!!! Lads sow that too! Shouting on vent lolololol.

Have to go to bed now. Working for few hours tomorrow. Then back to kill stuff!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Anybody having problems downloading the HD pack to the Xbox? I have over 48gb free and its stopping early on in the dl and saying I need more than 1.5gb. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

So far, the game's pretty awesome. Battlelog's going to take a whole lot of getting used to - between it taking about an hour to get Battlelog working, requiring my to disable anti-virus, and the social network-esque updates, I long for something like the server browser in the Source engine games. Alt-tabbing out of the game is fairly fast, but I don't think it's more convenient than tapping Escape and having the server browser waiting for you :(

The Stinger's so much fun though - I love watching airplanes (who've already launched their countermeasures) attempt to escape the missile, safe in the knowledge that they're screwed :D
    mozattack wrote: »
    Is team speak not working? I couldn't talk to my fellow squad mates last night at all, nor hear from them either????
    It worked just fine for me - was playing the game with my brother for ~2 hours and had absolutely no difficulty with TS3 at any point (apart from him eating crisps with voice activation... >_>)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Hmmm,
    Played an online game no problem an hour ago. Then played the Single player for a bit. Now having problems connecting to any online games ... urgh :mad:

On xbox 360 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭MikeD22

I have the game and played single player fine. i cannot get online tho. I've activated my EA account but still nothing. Is there a certain setting for my internet that i need to change to get it online??

On a PS3 and had same problem with bad company 2 all other online games work fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

A bit annoying not being to set up your different classes between games. And can you quit in between games? Or do you have to wait 40 seconds, then wait till the next game to start so you can quit?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

Paparazzo wrote: »
    A bit annoying not being to set up your different classes between games. And can you quit in between games? Or do you have to wait 40 seconds, then wait till the next game to start so you can quit?

doing my nut in.. this issue alone im gonna return the game.. or well trade it in against MW3.

also when u die u cant edit loadouts which is another major one.. or leave the game then...
    often do it when u go on a 5-6 death streak like u get frustrated at spawn kills when ur own team is crap.
    especially its frustrating when u join a game just as it ends.. you have a screen of nothing to look at for the 30-40 seconds and cant do anything
    iv turned off the console around 10 times already and just left it during the downtime because i was bored not being able to mess with loadouts.

lags? a number of times iv been into a building and been killed from someone who was shooting and could no way see into the building.. not sure what to make of that...
    spawns? playing TDM earlier and i spawned in an alcove with an enemy camped just in front of me thinking he was grand and safe since there was no acess in behind him... im sure same as happened me also.. let alone spawning into death even from deploy spawns... i know its ur own fault for spawning on a squad mate in danger zone :P

graphics? great, but does the game seem dark to anyone? just kinda seemed that way especially single player... i mean they could have put night vision in everything...
    also a number of times iv been sniping people and bullets dont hit them with 3 shots into the chest.. its like there are invisible obstacles in random spots...

Vehicles? overpowered? you need a weapon to take out vehicles in every class almost at this stage... the beta was grand on xbox.. but every single gamemode has vehicles now and its just like you cant avoid them destroying the buildings u are in or just driving into u even... way overpowered imo

imo they really screwed up... graphically great, just buggy as hell because they wanted to hit a release target, probably picked based on MW 3's as they wanted to beat them, and lacking finesse with nothing to do during killcams or between games

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

kenyard wrote: »
    doing my nut in.. this issue alone im gonna return the game.. or well trade it in against MW3.

also when u die u cant edit loadouts which is another major one.. or leave the game then...
    often do it when u go on a 5-6 death streak like u get frustrated at spawn kills when ur own team is crap.
    especially its frustrating when u join a game just as it ends.. you have a screen of nothing to look at for the 30-40 seconds and cant do anything
    iv turned off the console around 10 times already and just left it during the downtime because i was bored not being able to mess with loadouts.

imo they really screwed up...

What? Yes you can edit loadouts between deaths, on the PC at least. Also the game doesnt let you join games that are about to end/over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

This is a completely newly-released game, of course they're are going to be bugs. I'm still waiting for mine from Amazon.

PC version getting terrible reviews, all over Origin. What do ye think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Not being able to do anything between games except look at stats is really really annoying me.
    What's the story with selecting maps? I thought in BC2 you could select the map you liked and play it over and over again. Can you still do that?
    I'm on the ps3 btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Decryptor wrote: »
    PC version getting terrible reviews, all over Origin. What do ye think?

Most of those 'terrible reviews' are about Origins's T&C's, not the game itself. Unfortunately like it or lump it, we have to live with Origin and its potential intrusiveness. I only log into it when I want to play BF3.

There are plenty of bugs still in there, it could have done with another month at least to sort these out but MW3 is looming over the horizon. Hopefully DICE will get most of these sorted out in due course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

origin sucks, game rocks

seine and metro... thats me sorted

MayoForSam wrote:
    Most of those 'terrible reviews' are about Origins's T&C's, not the game itself. Unfortunately like it or lump it, we have to live with Origin and its potential intrusiveness. I only log into it when I want to play BF3.
    Yeah, good thinking. I've gone through the game's EULA and I can't see much to complain about. There's nothing there that I can see particularly alarming, except maybe this bit:
    BF EULA wrote:
    2. Consent to Public Display of Data. If you participate in online services, such as online play or the downloading and uploading of content, EA and its affiliates may also collect, use, store, transmit and publicly display statistical data regarding game play (including scores, rankings and achievements), or identify content that is created and shared by you with other players. Data that personally identifies you is collected, used, stored and transmitted in with EA’s Privacy Policy located at www.ea.com.

...but I'd imagine other similar services like Steam have something like that in their EULA as well. EA's privacy policy doesn't say much either.

I suppose I just got a bit of a shock after ordering it a week ago and then checking reviews on Amazon to find that Origin is being called "spyware". Dunno where that came from, really.

Anyway, I think I'm looking for to the game even with all this criticism. Some of you may remember when Google Chrome was first released, it was listed in the EULA that anything user-created while using Chrome (e.g. blog post) becomes intellectual property of Google. When there was complete out-cry, it was removed. The same will probably happen with BF3. EA want this to become as big as COD, and it won't if they don't keep users happy, although I think the majority are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Enderman wrote: »
    What? Yes you can edit loadouts between deaths, on the PC at least. Also the game doesnt let you join games that are about to end/over.

You can on the 360 and PS3 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

2. Consent to Public Display of Data. If you participate in online services, such as online play or the downloading and uploading of content, EA and its affiliates may also collect, use, store, transmit and publicly display statistical data regarding game play (including scores, rankings and achievements), or identify content that is created and shared by you with other players. Data that personally identifies you is collected, used, stored and transmitted in with EA’s Privacy Policy located at www.ea.com.

Thats legaleeze to cover their asses.

Because Battlelog is built into BF3 and stat releases are an integral part of it and on top of that battlelog is publicly open (anyone can look at your stats) they need that to cover their behinds in case someone complains that they didnt want to release their stats publicly.

It doesnt pop up on other games because that agreement would be made at the stat website seperatly (such as the BC2 veteren page) and you can opt out of having your data being shown. But with battlelog being part of the game itself now you need to make that agreement up front now.

Also I think the complaints are directed at the Origin T&C not the BF ones. I think there's some clause in there that after X period EA have the right to remove titles from origin or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Multiplayer is incredible. I have had no problems with it at all. My GT240 runs it fine although all settings on low which I have no real problem with as it runs really well and looks good anyway.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Thats legaleeze to cover their asses.

Because Battlelog is built into BF3 and stat releases are an integral part of it and on top of that battlelog is publicly open (anyone can look at your stats) they need that to cover their behinds in case someone complains that they didnt want to release their stats publicly.

It doesnt pop up on other games because that agreement would be made at the stat website seperatly (such as the BC2 veteren page) and you can opt out of having your data being shown. But with battlelog being part of the game itself now you need to make that agreement up front now.

Also I think the complaints are directed at the Origin T&C not the BF ones. I think there's some clause in there that after X period EA have the right to remove titles from origin or something.
    Exactly. I just found this thread on the EA Forums which sums it all up. It looks like Amazon customers are just whiners. Many are cancelling their order, even though they haven't received their game yet - they're just going by other reviewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Only good thing about origin is it maxes out my UPC BB. Thats about it.

I am a big BF fan and I am having second thoughts about buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

if you are a big BF fan there is absolutely no reason not to buy BF3 its more of what is great about bf3. There are a lot of little changes and that causes a lot of big whinges from players, but honestly the biggest problem with the game is the lack of tutorial, there are a lot of small mechanics (such as the new vehicle damage system) that people simply do not know how they work and are ignoring them and getting murdered by people who know what effect disabled has on a tank etc. Not to mention the new items in the game and weapon changes. Also people dont take the time to learn what battlelog can actually do and miss features such as checking the server side setting how to set up voip channels and parties etc. Once this teething stage is over and people focus back on the gameplay they'll find that it is still the great BF formula.

On how everything works, I dont even know yet. They've made some change to the defibs on the timing of when/who you can revive and I havent fully grasped it.

Out of all the complaints i've addressed (and you can look at my posting history to see so) the average is a list of 8 or so complaints and 6 of them would be simply people not knowing the command or how something works, 1 would be legitimate technical gripe and 1 would be some gameplay element they dislike (the flags being too close is the most common one I see and I dont really get it.)

The one thing I'm worried about (from more people giving out about Origin) is that you have to download the game (11 GB download, on PC) even after using the game DVD.

Is this true? I'm stuck with 3 broadband, so that would take at least a day to download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

pc version takes ages to get into a game

Advertisement