Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BATTLEFIELD 3---28/10/11/---Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Hellrazer wrote: »

Thanks for that, hadn't seen it there the previous day. :cool: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kudros

Anyone having issues with loading levels on a UPC router? A mate of mine can't play the Campaign or Multiplayer, I know his laptop will run it, but it just loads and loads and keeps on loading. He hasn't even got into 1 game so far!
    I see loads of people saying to turn off UPnP, any ideas guys?

Also he has updated his ATI graphics card drivers and the browser drivers, turned off his firewall and antivirus and still no joy whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Try disable UPNP in the routers options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Is it me, or is the Defib a bit buggy?
    Doesnt work alot of the time when trying to revive someone (playing xbox 360 version)

Whats the story with the mortars?

Starting to think now it's an even cheaper option then sniping in BC2(talking Rush alone here where they can sit in an area you can't even reach) since there's no way of even killing them :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Sorry if this has been covered before but can someone explain the end of the campaign to me?
    I gathered from his little speech at the end that Dima has radiation poisoning from the blast in Paris - but is there anything to suggest what happened with regards the guys at the door? Also, did the nuke go off in New York? Honestly, I loved the campaign and I understood everything to do with it EXCEPT THE ENDING. They didn't close the book properly.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Whats the story with the mortars?

Starting to think now it's an even cheaper option then sniping in BC2(talking Rush alone here where they can sit in an area you can't even reach) since there's no way of even killing them :mad:

They are only effective now that not everyone has them. When everyone has then unlocked they will be easy to counter as they show up on the map and another person can use the mortar back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Anyone having sound issues? when i start playing the sound is grand but inevitably it glitches out and i only hear a small bit of gunfire and explosions, cant hear my footsteps or mcom beeping at all. It doesnt seem to fix itself over time either without a restart

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Integrated/dedicated sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

VinLieger wrote: »
    Anyone having sound issues? when i start playing the sound is grand but inevitably it glitches out and i only hear a small bit of gunfire and explosions, cant hear my footsteps or mcom beeping at all. It doesnt seem to fix itself over time either without a restart

Have that constantly, switch to war tapes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Have that constantly, switch to war tapes.

Ive done that but its still happening, ive seen other people complaining about the same thing but they said theirs resolves after a respawn, mine seems to be permanent until i restart

I've came across them in Conquest and I don't mind them there, since no area is safe for the user.

But in Rush I don't see how time will sort it, they're behind their own lines so unless you're in safe cover they can freely just let rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is there a reason op metro has 100 tickets for the attacking squad instead of the usual 75? Early days yet but its starting to become my favourite rush map, really intense. First battlefield game and really glad i switched from cod, cant compliment it enough. Dying to do the campaign but the MP is just so fun to not play

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭rcazzy

I fixed this by going to

Documents>Battlefield 3>settings>

and opening PROF_SAVE_profile and changing 'GstAudio.AudioQuality 0' to

'GstAudio.AudioQuality 1' (or any number higher)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

IMO the squad feature needs to be looked at. they should make it like the squad feature of bc2.

theres too many fookers in squads playing for themselves.

spawn killers on the likes of seine, if you have one base, and theyre camping the building beside base spawn killing.. can be so annoying. especially on servers that dont allow squad spawning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

So I was doing well had 5000 points in a game and loads of stuff unlocked.Also was after getting loads of awards I had never got before. Lost connection to the server do I lose everything? Or will it eventually get update to my profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Does anyone not funding the aiming a bit "off". I just cant get used to it after checking all sensitivity options.

PS3 here

mozattack wrote: »
    Does anyone not funding the aiming a bit "off". I just cant get used to it after checking all sensitivity options.

PS3 here

I have heard this is a known issue with the ps3 version and it will be patched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

PS3 here
    Aiming is ****ed on ps3 unless you play in crappy 540p resolution,anything higher and the input lag is making it unplayable.
    There's a thread on here about it.

My accuracy has increased so much by playing on the low resolution but it looks brutal.
    Can't make out anything at long range, I spent a while last night trying to take out a tree :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Loving this game on Xbox. Best military FPS ever imo. All guns are useful and balanced. Classes are all usefull and nobody has to be the nurse :). You cant kill people with a paper cut on the knife and it is refreshing not to have to deal with a pack of dogs or ghost campers.

I am not getting any lag or aiming issues. Getting put on crap teams is my biggest problem but fug it we are all learning the game and the maps.

Couple of tips for people.

Never pick quick-play and press the RS on the server page and exclude all except Europe. Then press up and pick a server with only a couple of people on it (or even the 1st empty one) and it will fill up as quick as it takes to join it.

Always, always spot and tag people when you see them. (I find the easiest is to press the back button)

Play in squads.

Play your role in the squad.

Check the roles of other people in the squads (no point having 4 engineers).

Don't use light attachments on bright maps.

Defend AND attack when needed. (some people sit on a hill for the whole game and others run around like COD headless chickens with the shotgun).

If you smell burning then you should stop playing as you are having a stroke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

@tuxy afaik you lose everything, i have anyways

@pc users, do you always use ironsights, or only at distance.

hip firing seems to be hit and miss, cant find a good mouse sensitivity im comfortable with yet

tuxy wrote: »
    I have heard this is a known issue with the ps3 version and it will be patched.

How long should we expect a patch to take. My k/d is shocking because of the shooting issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

How long should we expect a patch to take. My k/d is shocking because of the shooting issues.

Battlefield is NOT about having a good K/D ratio

some_dose wrote: »

It will take some time for people to realise. Meanwhile if all you care about is K/D all you have to do is quit before the game is over and it will not update your stats.

Was playing Rush there on Seine.

They took both M-Cons(first two), me and a team mate were in a ground floor building. We both racked up a good 10+ kills between us, I moved(to the alley ways) as they knew where we were at this point.

Game ends, ''banned from this server''...... what a load of crap, so I'm just meant to run back to base and get shot in the back on the way?.:rolleyes:

I'm all against spawn raping on conquest but that's just taking the piss, it's the attackers job to clear all of ye out. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

The only rule that I would enforce on our servers are No TK'ing, No Racial Abuse and no hacking or glitching. Everything else pretty much goes.

Well you know not to go to that server again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

It is very addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

eco2live wrote: »
    Loving this game on Xbox. Best military FPS ever imo. All guns are useful and balanced. Classes are all usefull and nobody has to be the nurse :). You cant kill people with a paper cut on the knife and it is refreshing not to have to deal with a pack of dogs or ghost campers.

I am not getting any lag or aiming issues. Getting put on crap teams is my biggest problem but fug it we are all learning the game and the maps.

Couple of tips for people.

Never pick quick-play and press the RS on the server page and exclude all except Europe. Then press up and pick a server with only a couple of people on it (or even the 1st empty one) and it will fill up as quick as it takes to join it.

Always, always spot and tag people when you see them. (I find the easiest is to press the back button)

Play in squads.

Play your role in the squad.

Check the roles of other people in the squads (no point having 4 engineers).

Don't use light attachments on bright maps.

Defend AND attack when needed. (some people sit on a hill for the whole game and others run around like COD headless chickens with the shotgun).

If you smell burning then you should stop playing as you are having a stroke.

Very helpful.

Thank you.

some_dose wrote: »

Look pal I play Battlefield whatever way I want to. I know it is an objective based game, I have over 400 hours clocked in on Bad Company 2 but when it comes down to it having a negative k/d sucks and is an embarrassment.

I'd personally prefer to finish mid-table with (for example) 20 kills and 15 deaths than finish top with 10 kills and 20 deaths. I've done the latter, especially on conquest, and it seems silly.

• Advertisement

No one spots in BF3, its a pain in the ass

Advertisement