Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BATTLEFIELD 3---28/10/11/---Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

mozattack wrote: »
    No one spots in BF3, its a pain in the ass

Really pissed me off today with no one spotting, big bloody tank roaming around and me running around a corner straight into it's view and people were around it.
    my finger is on the Q button the whole time, i don't even think about it anymore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I find on the PC anyway people are spotting. I had to teach a few battlefield newcomers how to play as a squad and they didnt know what spotting was. It will just take people a while to cop on to it. Especially on the console anyway.

In other news, Metro conquest 64 players is absolute mayhem! At one point there must of been at least 20 of my team in one little corner all reviving each other n stuff. Twas funny!

Also the thermal camera & shotgun thing for the tanks are class!! Really handy to spot flanking engineers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

ktulu123 wrote: »
    In other news, Metro conquest 64 players is absolute mayhem! At one point there must of been at least 20 of my team in one little corner all reviving each other n stuff. Twas funny!

Great point earner that if support or medic. it's just crazy retarded fun in small doses, not exactly a battlefield experience

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads did you ever get this bizarre problem

you try to join a server but instead your sent to the single player part of the game

Has happened me twice since launch, how strange is that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'm fairly new to battlefield I've done the campaigns before but only now am I getting into the multiplayer. I'm on xbox and I think I have the basics at this stage. I love being a medic, dropping med packs all over the place etc. But one thing I'm having a bit of trouble with is working with my squad. I've heard a lot about how battlefield is all about working with your team. I try to stick with them but no one seems to really do it. Also no one else seems to have a mic. Am I missing something? I'm also struggling to get the Infantry efficiency achievement, what exactly do you have to do to get this? Getting used to the vehicles is tough enough too. Any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

ajeffares wrote: »
    I'm fairly new to battlefield I've done the campaigns before but only now am I getting into the multiplayer. I'm on xbox and I think I have the basics at this stage. I love being a medic, dropping med packs all over the place etc. But one thing I'm having a bit of trouble with is working with my squad. I've heard a lot about how battlefield is all about working with your team. I try to stick with them but no one seems to really do it. Also no one else seems to have a mic. Am I missing something? I'm also struggling to get the Infantry efficiency achievement, what exactly do you have to do to get this? Getting used to the vehicles is tough enough too. Any tips?

theres shag all point playing battlefield with randoms.......even if they are in your squad. I'm sure there's a thread on here for people to share gamertags. That way you can play with other board members who will have mics and will help you out.
    As for the vehicles......go onto youtube, there you will find plenty of videos with people showing you how to fly/drive them.

Stick your gamertag in there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056438037&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Surprised Battlelog doesnt have a stat page for "spot bonus" reckon im easily in the thousands, its just natural on PC to spot mostly for the team aspect.......

..............but also in case the fukker kills you, someone else will get him and you get to watch it in the kill cam :D

KilOit wrote: »
    Great point earner that if support or medic. it's just crazy retarded fun in small doses, not exactly a battlefield experience

Oh god not at all! I just thought it was mental

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Look pal I play Battlefield whatever way I want to. I know it is an objective based game, I have over 400 hours clocked in on Bad Company 2 but when it comes down to it having a negative k/d sucks and is an embarrassment.

I'd personally prefer to finish mid-table with (for example) 20 kills and 15 deaths than finish top with 10 kills and 20 deaths. I've done the latter, especially on conquest, and it seems silly.

glad I dont play with you... :rolleyes:

Is anyone having parachute probs on PC?

I've died nearly every time I've had a big jump, even when it seems to me i opened the chute, I'm not exactly flying through the air... I'm hammering space to open it, kinda pissing me off nw :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

I think the best way for a newcomer to earn points is to use the Anti-Air Vehicle, I always earn a lot of points and I nearly unlocked everything for it as well.

Just to point out as well, there is still a few major problems with BATTLEFIELD 3 on the PS3, a lot of lag on some servers and usually disconnecting from the EA server. Annoys me at some some times but hopefully there fixed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Just finished the campaign and it is like half the story is missing.
    You kick lumps out of the guy in times square and see the nuke and then it cuts to the russian bloke with his gun, a knock on the door and thats the end of it?
    Did i miss something? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

GAAman wrote: »
    Just finished the campaign and it is like half the story is missing.
    I felt that way aswell.
    It's a very weak campaign,they would have been better off releasing the game without it rather than just tagging on a half arsed attempt at a storyline.

I found the whole thing rather gimmicky and tedious.
    With all the lights,lasers,sand and rain it's almost as if the whole idea of it is see how you manage while not being able to see properly most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Anyone select the option in origin to install pre-release versions? Did it last night and whatever the feck it did, it pretty much killed every button on my mouse except the wheel and the 2 mains. Close origin and they work again. weird, anyone hear anything like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Quick question - how the hell do you spot a target on the PS3 version?

Or can you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

doubledown wrote: »

Or can you?
    Press select button.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

cambo2008 wrote: »
    doubledown wrote: »

Or can you?
    Press select button.

As said Press not hold as hold is the score.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Brilliant. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

When your marking an enemy on PS3, 9 times out of 10 i'll lob a grenade by mistake. Does this happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

weiland79 wrote: »
    When your marking an enemy on PS3, 9 times out of 10 i'll lob a grenade by mistake. Does this happen to anyone else?

cant say it does tbh! :D

Can anyone explain to me why on some maps when you put down a spawn beacon, why sometime you just appear beside it and other times you parachute in...

I figured it must be coz if you put the beacon outside you parachute in and if its inside you just appear but thats not the case...
    Is it a bug or just purely depending on map type.. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

How do i unlock first few lines of right dog tags? Such as the carbine dog tag which says "Obtain carbine medal 1 time" I've gotten the medal multiple times:confused:

Edit: Nevermind, Difference between a medal and a ribbon >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I just got my first medal tonight actually. Won conquest 50 times!

I like the Dog Tag's you get with the medals. The one for Conquest is cool. It shows how many wins you've had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

what a heap of ****.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

pacquiao wrote: »
    what a heap of ****.

Thanks for that valuable insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I'm liking the knifing in this, it got a bit ridulous in BC2, get within 5 feet and initiate a melee, have to sneak up from behind n this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

hypermuse wrote: »
    cant say it does tbh! :D

Can anyone explain to me why on some maps when you put down a spawn beacon, why sometime you just appear beside it and other times you parachute in...

I figured it must be coz if you put the beacon outside you parachute in and if its inside you just appear but thats not the case...
    Is it a bug or just purely depending on map type.. :confused:

I don't think it is a bug, you will parachute in on the larger maps when placed outside (e.g. caspian border or kharg island) and everywhere else you just spawn there.

When placing the beacon it is usually a satellite when you will have to parachute in, in other cases it looks like a little box (maybe a NTL decorder!!??) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

2 questions which I still await answers on:
    (1) If using explosions add-on you can leave down 6 Anti Tank Mines. If you die and place another 6 do the original 6 disappear. In other words what is the maximum amount of mines which you can leave down in one go? (Bad company 2 was 6 anyway)

(2) Has anyone been killed by a jet… although they are fun, they seem pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

2 questions which I still await answers on:
    (1) If using explosions add-on you can leave down 6 Anti Tank Mines. If you die and place another 6 do the original 6 disappear. In other words what is the maximum amount of mines which you can leave down in one go? (Bad company 2 was 6 anyway)

(2) Has anyone been killed by a jet… although they are fun, they seem pointless.

You can mine up the whole map and still have enough to put a few in to your mums toilet.

Jets are deadly in good hands. I have been road killed with it too lol. So that makes me a biggest losser ever or jets dot suck that much ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I've gotten one or two kills myself and I've been killed by one three or four times. Depends on who is flying, to be honest.

Advertisement