Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BATTLEFIELD 3---28/10/11/---Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think bar maybe 10 all of my vehicle kills have come from jets..
    I only use cannon for jets so I can take them out completely and rocket pods for tanks etc.
    Really starting to like the jets in this game.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see Battle-log has changed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Headshot wrote: »
    I see Battle-log has changed

Yup, an update, which restored missing dogtags among other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

mozattack wrote: »
    Look pal I play Battlefield whatever way I want to. I know it is an objective based game, I have over 400 hours clocked in on Bad Company 2 but when it comes down to it having a negative k/d sucks and is an embarrassment.

I'd personally prefer to finish mid-table with (for example) 20 kills and 15 deaths than finish top with 10 kills and 20 deaths. I've done the latter, especially on conquest, and it seems silly.

Not an attack on you moz but in fairness I have to say I am finding battlefield to be riddled with players who just want a good KPD. Lots of people doing their own things not helping you or reviving you at all and imo I blame the type of attitude above to be the main cause.

So far I am very frustrated with it. Fcuk all healing, team work, AMMO (FFS resupply us, this is the worst.) Absolutly no spotting its actually shocking. I expected more from the PC players tbh. Love the game but these things are making it very frustrating. The squad setup is sh!te, they should make it like BC where you create the squad outside of the game then go into one(think this was only on xbox but it was solid)
    Jets are just a waste of time. I suck with them though so maybe thats why :rolleyes:

Other than that I love it. I am loving the unlock progression, the guns, the attachments and the maps, roll on back to Karkland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

battser wrote: »
    Jets are just a waste of time. I suck with them though so maybe thats why

I'm awful with jets and helis but fairly decent with tanks.
    It's rare but if I come across a player that's good with helicopters while I'm in my tank he absolutely destroys me. I imagine a team mate that's good with jets would come in very handy in this situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Shoki

mozattack wrote: »
    2 questions which I still await answers on:
    (1) If using explosions add-on you can leave down 6 Anti Tank Mines. If you die and place another 6 do the original 6 disappear. In other words what is the maximum amount of mines which you can leave down in one go? (Bad company 2 was 6 anyway)

(2) Has anyone been killed by a jet… although they are fun, they seem pointless.

Ive been roadkilled in mid-air by a jet as I bailed out of the jet I was in. Was mortified :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

tuxy wrote: »
    I'm awful with jets and helis but fairly decent with tanks.
    It's rare but if I come across a player that's good with helicopters while I'm in my tank he absolutely destroys me. I imagine a team mate that's good with jets would come in very handy in this situation.

Same here. I'm awful with jets but I'm excellent with helicopter.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Quite liking HC mode.

Makes sniping worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Cod player all my life but thinking of getting both. Is it really worth it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I just got a big fright when i tried to log into battlelog, told me I had entered the password wrong too many times and this account was locked!!!

I was freaking out until I tried again and it just let me in as normal.

*phew*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

So far I am very frustrated with it. Fcuk all healing, team work, AMMO (FFS resupply us, this is the worst.)
    It can get incredibly bad on Metro - if you're attacking (or defending) the side stairwell, you're likely to see between 5 and 10 medkits, but not a single ammo box dropped and the Support player doesn't give a **** (or overabundance of ammo boxes with no medkits...) :mad:
    14murphy wrote: »
    Cod player all my life but thinking of getting both. Is it really worth it ?
    If you have people you know to play with, it becomes much more fun - it's pretty good craic to clear an enemy squad out of a point with a nice co-ordinated attack :P If you're gonna be playing on your own, it's still fairly fun but it can be somewhat frustrating (like the aforementioned lack of ammo/medkits at times)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Q:
    If you accept a revive I know your team saves a ticket, but is the original death counted as a death in your stats? [I know at the end of the round it is definitely not counted]
    Does the ‘killer’ lose a kill if the deceased is then revived in their stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Robby91 wrote: »
    It can get incredibly bad on Metro - if you're attacking (or defending) the side stairwell, you're likely to see between 5 and 10 medkits, but not a single ammo box dropped and the Support player doesn't give a **** (or overabundance of ammo boxes with no medkits...) :mad:

If you have people you know to play with, it becomes much more fun - it's pretty good craic to clear an enemy squad out of a point with a nice co-ordinated attack :P If you're gonna be playing on your own, it's still fairly fun but it can be somewhat frustrating (like the aforementioned lack of ammo/medkits at times)

its true.. Its not hard thou.. When I spawn on a teamate.. if they are trying to hold a position 1st thing I do is deploy ammo/health!!

Its not exactly going outa your way to help the squad!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Metro oncquest is ultimate stat padding for assault and support. Have got thousands of points on that map without firing a bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Metro oncquest is ultimate stat padding for assault and support. Have got thousands of points on that map without firing a bullet.

thats exactly what comes into my head when I think bout dropping ammo/health.. Metro conquest is the perfect place for it..

People constantly trying to hold down positions.. give them what they need!!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

How do those little cute boxes hold so many rockets? Where do the support guys hide all the other boxes they drop?

I'm beginning to think this game is not realistic tbh. I haven't seen a single undertaker either for that matter, although I believe a funeral service map is coming as DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

battser wrote: »
    Not an attack on you moz but in fairness I have to say I am finding battlefield to be riddled with players who just want a good KPD. Lots of people doing their own things not helping you or reviving you at all and imo I blame the type of attitude above to be the main cause.

So far I am very frustrated with it. Fcuk all healing, team work, AMMO (FFS resupply us, this is the worst.) Absolutly no spotting its actually shocking. I expected more from the PC players tbh. Love the game but these things are making it very frustrating. The squad setup is sh!te, they should make it like BC where you create the squad outside of the game then go into one(think this was only on xbox but it was solid)
    Jets are just a waste of time. I suck with them though so maybe thats why :rolleyes:

Other than that I love it. I am loving the unlock progression, the guns, the attachments and the maps, roll on back to Karkland.

Re K/D... it is just that winning the round may be out of your control so having a positive K/D is at least something to show for it.

I do agree that teamwork is a disaster on the new game. People don't have a clue.

Spotting is redundant and its time to use your pistol when out of ammo 'cos you will never find an ammo box!!!

Whats with vehicles driving past too and ignoring you. ARGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Maximilian wrote: »
    How do those little cute boxes hold so many rockets? Where do the support guys hide all the other boxes they drop?

I'm beginning to think this game is not realistic tbh. I haven't seen a single undertaker either for that matter, although I believe a funeral service map is coming as DLC.

Someone from 1Para sent me a message about "how the fcuk did you hit my chopper 3 times each with one shot from the tank" said he watched me the 3rd time and i spun the turret and fired and took out him and his chopper. Said i had an Aimbot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Has anyone else noticed the amount of campers hiding in one of your teams bases, just outside of the range to capture the flag. They stay there all game shooting people who have just respawned. So bloody annoying. ]

No team work is a major issue for me too. Unless im playing in a squad of people I know, I will get hardly no points. Had a team full of snipers last night. Not one of them thought to laser target the tanks blowing us to hell. Im running around with a launcher which is less then useless without some one targeting for me. I ask em to target to tanks and get told to do it myself.

I reckon when the cod comes out, those kind of players will **** off (hopefully)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I reckon when the cod comes out, those kind of players will **** off (hopefully)

God I hope so. Its not ruining the game for me yet but its coming close!!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Someone from 1Para sent me a message about "how the fcuk did you hit my chopper 3 times each with one shot from the tank" said he watched me the 3rd time and i spun the turret and fired and took out him and his chopper. Said i had an Aimbot :D

Strictly speaking though, that was correct. Go Soflam!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No no what'll happen is they are completely disppointed and will all surge back into BF3 just to piss you off some more.

God, I love pissing you off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

If you accept a revive I know your team saves a ticket, but is the original death counted as a death in your stats?
    I don't think the 'death' counts until you become unrevivable - if you die at the very end of a round, the death count will increase a few seconds after the game ends (at least, that is the case for me on PC) at the score screen.
    Maximilian wrote: »

Don't forget defibs can bring you fix you right up after being obliterated by tank shells, high explosives, headshots and all those other nasty things :pac: Not that the lack of realism is an issue for me, I'm more than happy for the ammunition to levitate towards me, and medkits magically apply their medkit-y goodness :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

haha there nobody online atall, been playing the last hour and a half and best i could get was 6 v 6 on conquest, dipped below it at times, everyone off playing mw3 i guess!!

Did a nice bit of ranking on the sniper tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Jesus boosting is ****ing ruining this on xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

haha there nobody online atall, been playing the last hour and a half and best i could get was 6 v 6 on conquest, dipped below it at times, everyone off playing mw3 i guess!!

Did a nice bit of ranking on the sniper tho.

dont know what format your playing on but the pc version is still pretty damn active today.

guess its not judgement day for bf afterall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Arawn wrote: »
    Jesus boosting is ****ing ruining this on xbox
    What's boosting?

What's boosting?

There trying to get a Tactical Nuke

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What's boosting?

It's the term someone uses when they don't know the correct term of statpadding.

Advertisement