Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice on starters kit

• 27-10-2011 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

Basically its not for me its for the mother turning 60 soon who unfortunatly cant quit the cigs and it is literally killing her multiple stints in hospital the last 4 years with chest infections etc.

Just looking for recomendtions on a full starter kit
    1. easy to use
    2. currently smokes 10 silk cut blue a day so similar strength to start with

Any help is much appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

This looks to be a decent kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

The ROK seems to be getting great reviews. It looks remarkably similar in design to the Apache kit that Foxycig are selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Seems to be the same all right, Expensive tho for what is a tank system and maybe over kill for a 10 a day SKblue smoker, I say any 510 with regular cartos would work best and as the recipient is near 60 possibly an auto to start with. Nicotine about 12mg get 10ml and see how it goes you can cut down or up as needed. No need to buy big amounts of juice till you settle on a strength and flavor.
    One of these;
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-510-b-starter-kit/prod_133.html
    Five of these;
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/joye-510-empty-cartomiser/prod_153.html
    Bottle of this stuff;
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/standard-eliquid-pg-/-vg/10ml-eliquid-pg/prod_99.html
    Oh look theirs a silk cut flavor an all, tho the RY4 is popular.
    Get a drip tip for easy top up, I got an aluminum one and replaced it with a plastic cos it was cold on my lip but I'm a big softie.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Defo leaning towards the ego-t at the moment, the long battery life and being able to lock it etc seems like good positives.

Is it necessary to get base liquids to cut down the flavored ones ? or is that a personal preference type thing?
    And besides liquids is there anything else i should be buying with this
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego-and-ego-t/joye-ego-t-starter-kit/prod_174.html

• Advertisement

Good kit, maybe the 1100 mAh battery for the 6euro extra, its nearly double battery life but a longer battery size wise.
    As to cutting down the juice? If you dont mind less flavor it might be a bit cheaper to cut it with 0 nic PG, tbh just buy lower nic juice for the sake of the taste. Or 0 nic of the same flavor but no saving their just the ability to set a nic level that dosnt come in premix, like 20mg or 10mg.
    Enjoy the change and welcome to vaping, lots of conflicting advice and confusion ;)
    Hope it works out for your mam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ktala

Defo leaning towards the ego-t at the moment, the long battery life and being able to lock it etc seems like good positives.

Is it necessary to get base liquids to cut down the flavored ones ? or is that a personal preference type thing?
    And besides liquids is there anything else i should be buying with this
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego-and-ego-t/joye-ego-t-starter-kit/prod_174.html

No need for base liquid. I would recommend the 510 for your Mam cause its not as big as the ego. But if your set on getting an ego-t then I would recommend one with minimal leakage like this one
    http://www.e-cigireland.com/egokits.html (the LED one). Got it last week and have to say it's completely hassle free.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Leakage is NOT an issue with Ego-T's, not any more.
    The last two sets I've had don't leak at all - go for the Ego over the 510, the batteries for the 510 don't last very long plus your Mum will get a better pull out of the ego.

I'd recommend VG RY-4 at about 18mg - decent vapour and a nice taste.
    The throat hit from PG based liquids feels more like throat irritation to me, VG is a lot smoother.

The plumes of vapour are very satisfying too...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Basically its not for me its for the mother turning 60 soon who unfortunatly cant quit the cigs and it is literally killing her multiple stints in hospital the last 4 years with chest infections etc.

Just looking for recomendtions on a full starter kit
    1. easy to use
    2. currently smokes 10 silk cut blue a day so similar strength to start with

Any help is much appreciated
    Thanks

Firstly what do you think your mother will be comfortable using?

I have recently switched from an M401 version to a 510 and I love it.

However, it is far bulkier and looks much less like a cigarette than the M401.

As a 10 a day silk cut blue smoker 60 year I think the most basic model will probably be the most appropriate.

For that reason I would suggest something like the intellicig with the pre filled cartridges to start with.

It really does look and feel like a cigarette, on one of my first nights out with it I nearly lost a battery when some tried to light it :)

If she is comfortable with the basic model she could move onto a Ego or Riva 510 with all the other bells and whistle accessories.

wingback05 wrote: »
    deffo go for the 510. The older generation want something simple and filling a tank system is more trouble compared to cartridges for the 510. i know buying cartridges are expensive but to get someone started they are the way to go. I got a 510 and some cartridges(seem to be a different brand than on other sites but very good) from www.foxycig.ie for an elederly neighbour and he was delighted. I have since showed him how to refill with a bottle of juice. Better to make it as easy as possible at the start.

how is the automatic version of this?

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    how is the automatic version of this?
    Well it works, theirs a 'primer puff' thing where you take a fast pull to heat the attie up and then do a long draw but it not much hassle tbh.
    With cartos thats not an issue cos they heat faster. They do go off in a breeze tho or a draught, you know when some one slams a door?
    I have one myself, realy impresses people who have never seen an e-cig, not exactly a fannie magnet though :(

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Well it works, theirs a 'primer puff' thing where you take a fast pull to heat the attie up and then do a long draw but it not much hassle tbh.
    With cartos thats not an issue cos they heat faster. They do go off in a breeze tho or a draught, you know when some one slams a door?
    I have one myself, realy impresses people who have never seen an e-cig, not exactly a fannie magnet though :(

so it won't go off inside your pocket or anything and burn itself out...?
    so you've lost out on a shag due to its naffness?!!!
    just ordered a 510 starter kit, 5 cartos and 30ml of ky4 from besteushop - any idea how long to deliver from them?

You'll have it tomorrow if you got that order in before dinner, otherwise its Thursday.
    Downside to everything :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

glasso wrote: »
    so it won't go off inside your pocket or anything and burn itself out...?
    just ordered a 510 starter kit, 5 cartos and 30ml of ky4 from besteushop - any idea how long to deliver from them?

Usually next day delivery but it might not be if you ordered very late.

Advertisement