Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QPR Home Sunday

Options
  • 27-10-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Game at the weekend I think we will line up with the same team as last week with Gallas on the bench. Shame really Sandro isn't getting a look in but no doubt he'll be needed soon.

Home win 2-1
    I'm surprised with QPR they seem to either win or get thrashed hopefully we can trash them as it would do our goal difference a world of good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Apart from their 3 goals away to Wolves, QPR have only managed 4 all season - hopefully they won't find their scoring boots against us. I don't think we've been playing well, but we've scored at least two in every game, apart from the Man C/Man U disasters. I'm going for 3-0. Traditionally, this is the type of game we'd loose or draw in previous seasons: this year does, however, appear to be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

This is such an important time for us because we have a run of games that you'd fancy us to get three points except maybe Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle and we got 7 from 9. I wouldn't be confident as I was against Bkackburn but I still think we'll do it. 2-0 for me.

BTW, edit the title :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

ziedth wrote: »
    This is such an important time for us because we have a run of games that you'd fancy us to get three points except maybe Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle and we got 7 from 9. I wouldn't be confident as I was against Bkackburn but I still think we'll do it. 2-0 for me.

BTW, edit the title :)
    No idea how I missed that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

i'm going for a big win , they poor at the back , 3-0 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Big win I hope!:cool:
    First time at the lane since I was a young lad 10 years ago!!! Cannot wait!!!

Any good places to go pre and post match? Want to soak up ALOT of the atmospher!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Ade would want to score a goal or two in this game,seems to have dried up a bit lately.

tippspur wrote: »
    Ade would want to score a goal or two in this game,seems to have dried up a bit lately.
    He's still being providing the assists though four in total plus he was also the one that released walker and benny last week so he's doing well.

That said if he'd been a bit luckier/sharper he could have had another 3/4 goals then he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Positive sign that 1 or 2 of the injured bodies are returning soon enough. Hopefully gallas and pienaar get a game in Kazan.

Same starting team as last week I would assume ?

p.s. I'd take 1 nil now

King could be back Sunday as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

we really have to be winning these. Have watched QPR a few times this year and opposite to some of the comments above I dont think they are that great a threat going forward. They have some good players and get into good positions but seem to lack a goal scorer to put them away. Even with Chelsea with 9 men they struggled to put them away.

Going forward we should have too much. Going to go for 3-0 spurs, Ade, Bale and Kaboul. I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Mullo76 wrote: »
    we really have to be winning these. Have watched QPR a few times this year and opposite to some of the comments above I dont think they are that great a threat going forward. They have some good players and get into good positions but seem to lack a goal scorer to put them away. Even with Chelsea with 9 men they struggled to put them away.

Going forward we should have too much. Going to go for 3-0 spurs, Ade, Bale and Kaboul. I hope.

have a good one horse ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Mullo76 wrote: »

have a good one horse ;)
    Will do mate,better win as the youngfella is with me. He tends to be as lucky as an upside down horseshoe so fingers crossed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

He's still being providing the assists though four in total plus he was also the one that released walker and benny last week so he's doing well.

That said if he'd been a bit luckier/sharper he could have had another 3/4 goals then he does.
    I know all about the assists but he needs to be hitting the net though,we have enough strikers that are goal shy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

tippspur wrote: »

I know all about the assists but he needs to be hitting the net though,we have enough strikers that are goal shy.

Our strikers aren't goal shy at all this season. Much much better than last season

2-0 to spurs tomorrow I reckon

Parker to open his account and vdv

Need to win after the arsenal game. Strangely if we win our game in hand and tomorrow we'll only be a point behind Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Unreal results lately for Utd and now chelsea.

Arsenal might be back in contention but they're still sloppy at the back... a couple of cold, wet November wednesday nights at Ewood or the Reebok etc will soon have them on the skids again!

If chelsea are haveing their slump now its important we take advantage and close the gap while we can.

If we're still in the top 5-6 come January then a top 4 finish could be very realistic.
    I hope we buy a decent CB in the window - preferably Cahill, a signing like that could keep the momentum goinging through to the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

I hope we buy a decent CB in the window - preferably Cahill, a signing like that could keep the momentum goinging through to the end of the season.

i think cahill is way overhyped , i'd prefer if we went for Samba instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Here is our line-up against QPR. STARTING XI - Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Modric, Parker, Bale; Van der Vaart; Adebayor.

SUBSTITUTES - Cudicini, Bassong, Gallas, Livermore, Sandro, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

Ledley plays.. excellent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Lovely line-up, sickened I'll be missing the match, post plenty of updates lads please!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That's our strongest line-up. Looking forward to this one now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yeah, thats a very strong team, can see 2-0 now, Modric and Ade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Great line up, and with Sandro and JD to come on if needed makes us very strong. Rafa's interview there on Sky, gotta love his honesty and single mindedness :D. Whatever people say about the guy he is a born winner.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Great line up, and with Sandro and JD to come on if needed makes us very strong. Rafa's interview there on Sky, gotta love his honesty and single mindedness :D. Whatever people say about the guy he is a born winner.
    What did he say?

I never like it when the commentators say stuff like this being a long day for QPR!! Let's hope it will be though, with plenty of goals for Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Not liking all this confidence at all, exactly the types of games we lose.

Bright start, Kenny very busy. VDV should've slotted that one away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

What did he say?

He basically said that he will not be happy if he has to be rotated and also said he wants to win something with Spurs and does not care if its the league or Europa league.

Ah come on, no way he shoul have missed that. Brilliant cross from VDV.

Good start, should be 2 up really.

• Advertisement

Lovely stuff. Great team goal, very unselfish from Lennon.

Advertisement