Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QPR Home Sunday

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Amazing the difference a goal makes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Kiith wrote: »
    3-1. Fantastic goal there. Really really good.

M

Scott Parker - man of the match . Again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

mickman wrote: »
    M

Yep, he's been superb. He doesn't have a huge range of passing, and tends to leave that to the likes of Modric, but he covers so much ground and makes a nuisance of himself, breaking up play when it looks like we could be in trouble. He's been an excellent signing.

mickman wrote: »
    M

Benny has been fantastic

Parker might have pulled his hamstring, Sandro coming on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Has to be Bale for his goals, surely??

Seillejet wrote: »
    Has to be Bale for his goals, surely??

I'd give it to Parker as he's the one who's allowed the flair players to get forward more without worrying too much about defending.

Hehe, hard work in injury time. All ends well though. Happy days, 6 wins out of 7 now, great run we're on.

Phew, good stuff roll on next week Fulham away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Good result, and a very good game to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

COYS!!!! these are good times guys, let the good times roll :D. Can't wait to get over to the Lane in December!

Away Newcastle Utd Draw

Away Blackburn WIN

Home QPR WIN

Away Fulham

Home Aston Villa

Away West Brom

Home Bolton

Away Stoke City

Home Sunderland

Home Chelsea

Away Norwich City

Away Swansea
    We picked up 22 points from this run last season and we have to win the next two games just to match last seasons results. Hopefully we can keep up this form and change a couple draws into wins So far we have 7 of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Good 3 points. Some smashing football in the first half. They came at us for 20 mins and I was dissapointed with the goal we gave away. Great goal from bale to seal it. Parker was excellent and I actually thought lennon did well, he worked his socks off for once.

We are flying at the minute after the rough start. 3 more pts next week would be nice.

p.s. who was it that said bale was playing poorly ? :D

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Good display today.QPR can thank Paddy Kenny for keeping the score down,thought Parker was great and Bale back to his best plus the King is back.Great stuff.

I think everyone on this forum knows how much I think of Benny but he was top class today but he wasn't alone I thought that was Lennons best match since he was on fire in 09/10 and Bales finishing was top notch I also really enjoyed watching Ade Boss the center backs today all he lacked was a goal and he probably should of had 3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Does anyone else wish Newcastle would just f**k off. :D

Hehe they will. Fair play to them so far, but the two toughest games they've had have been us in St. James and away to Stoke. They haven't played any of the bigger teams (except us) so that's where everyone will see whether they're up for it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

yeah, hopefully the thunder-stealing ba5t**ds will come undone sooner rather then later!

I'd rather they steal all the thunder and we continue go go relatively unoticed.
    They have everton, city,united and chelsea coming up so things could look very differently in 6 weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I'd rather they steal all the thunder and we continue go go relatively unoticed.
    They have everton, city,united and chelsea coming up so things could look very differently in 6 weeks time.

Agreed. I see no harm at all in Newcastle taking some of the limelight for now. Hopefully they take points off Chelsea too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hatch99 wrote: »

They'll d well to get 4 points off those games. I'd be surprised if they were still up there come January.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Newcastle looking good at the moment and Ba doing the business but I suspect (maybe wishful thinking) that it'll go pear shaped for them soon.

Spurs are playing well and I think that the game in hand we have is keeping us nicely below the radar at the moment and I'm happy with the lurking-with-intent feel just now. (However, I wouldn't be surprised by a Spurs nosedive after christmas - fingers crossed).

Watching the Arse over the last couple of games it seems that they are getting their act together. Shaky defense and poor finishing aside, they are good to watch and will probably continue to tighten things up as the season progresses.

Chelsea, not sure what they're at at the moment but there's the stench of something terminal there.

I'll call it as: 1) City 2)United 3) Arsenal (galls me to say it) 4) Spurs 5) Liverpool 6) Newcastle & 7) Chelsea

PS - I sooo want M. City to implode!

cranks wrote: »
    Newcastle looking good at the moment and Ba doing the business but I suspect (maybe wishful thinking) that it'll go pear shaped for them soon.

Spurs are playing well and I think that the game in hand we have is keeping us nicely below the radar at the moment and I'm happy with the lurking-with-intent feel just now. (However, I wouldn't be surprised by a Spurs nosedive after christmas - fingers crossed).

Watching the Arse over the last couple of games it seems that they are getting their act together. Shaky defense and poor finishing aside, they are good to watch and will probably continue to tighten things up as the season progresses.

Chelsea, not sure what they're at at the moment but there's the stench of something terminal there.

I'll call it as: 1) City 2)United 3) Arsenal (galls me to say it) 4) Spurs 5) Liverpool 6) Newcastle & 7) Chelsea

PS - I sooo want M. City to implode!

Chelsea to finish 7th :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ I have to agree I'd have Chelsea at least pushing us for 4th till the end of the season, I don't think Newcastle will have the legs for 6th. I'd also love City to fall apart.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ziedth wrote: »
    I'd also love City to fall apart.

I'd love to see it as well, but i really don't think it's going to happen. I've an unhappy feeling that the league is going their way this year.

Advertisement