Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 limited edition and dlc

Options
  • 27-10-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Hi, will all the major retailers be selling the limited edition of BF3 (360 version) with the physical warfare pack and back to karkand dlc (i.e. the one on gamestop.ie) or will some have different extra content?

I want to know cause I'm tempted to preorder it off gamestops website as it seems to be a good price with all the extra content and I don't mind waiting a few days to play it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

As far as I know the preorder is the only one that gets the free dlc and karkand expansion.

Not 100%.

I just got an email today with the key for redeeming the dlc. Karkand will be out a month after the game is released, so the end of november.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Dermighty wrote: »
    As far as I know the preorder is the only one that gets the free dlc and karkand expansion.

Not 100%.

I just got an email today with the key for redeeming the dlc. Karkand will be out a month after the game is released, so the end of november.

I got the LE game in Hmv with code and no pre-order today.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

i got the code and limited edition at midnight and i didnt pre order

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Varik wrote: »
    I got the LE game in Hmv with code and no pre-order today.

Me too. I was given both a normal game case, and a black steelbook with no sleeve...

Seemed strange to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Just as well I looked at this thread :)
    Was going to go down and get the game later. Will now ask for the LE copy to get the DLC code.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I got it in Game earlier, picked up a normal version off the shelf (that's all they had) and they gave me a LE version from behind the counter. Haven't played it yet, hopefully any DLC is included.
    Noticed yesterday on amazon.co.uk that the LE version was actually about 8 pounds cheaper than the normal version just to confuse things.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 grey_man

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering does the limited edition battlefield 3 that you buy in a store include the 'Physical Warfare Pack', the 'Specact Pack' and the 'Back to Karkand' DLC or is this strictly pre-order only??

Thanks again,
    John.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Whats the steelbook?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Whats the steelbook?

A box made of steel, rather than the normal plastic one.

It just come with the LE version of the game as an extra (being an extra rather than alternative is odd)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

So the difference between a LE version and an ordinary version is that you have to buy the DLC separately? Or is it that that the DLC is made available for free but at a later date or some such?

Actually, what is the DLC? Just maps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Fed up waiting for my Gamestop PC version.

Does anyone know how much the DLC will cost in a month's time to upgrade from the standard edition to get the Karkand maps? Some great deals out there to buy a key for direct download for the SE.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Fed up waiting for my Gamestop PC version.

Does anyone know how much the DLC will cost in a month's time to upgrade from the standard edition to get the Karkand maps? Some great deals out there to buy a key for direct download for the SE.

Here you go

https://help.ea.com/article/battlefield-3-back-to-karkand-expansion-pack-information

Advertisement