Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noob

Options
  • 27-10-2011 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

hey

picking up my pre-order in the morning,

never played it before and the only game I've ever played that's similar is black ops.. Was brutal at ops at the start then got decent at it

anyone know if there's a training option on it just like in ops to practice before jumping in?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Co-op with another player would be closest, and earn you unlocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Spear wrote: »
    Co-op with another player would be closest, and earn you unlocks.

ok, i'm sure I'll get the hang of it, just want to keep a good record as when i started with COD I got slaughtered

What platform are you playing on?

If you play on the PC, just get comfortable strafing and shooting, dropping to kneel and generally speaking being patient. I score best on maps where I don't rush in.

Join a squad and if the squad leader or the "medic" in the squad has a decent rank stick to them and support them.

My experience so far is that Battlefield 3 is the most forgiving battlefield of recent times online and provides more of a thinking mans challenge than a "keep getting killed" challenge like in Bad Comapny 2.

PM me if you need anymore help and best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

madma wrote: »
    hey

picking up my pre-order in the morning,

never played it before and the only game I've ever played that's similar is black ops.. Was brutal at ops at the start then got decent at it

anyone know if there's a training option on it just like in ops to practice before jumping in?

Cheers

I have put up a tutorial video for Conquest mode, it should give you some good pointers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Is there any way to practice flying? Seems the only way is online. I keep taking off and flying for a bit then ploughing into the ground. I was ok flying in BF1943 but the controls seem different in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Jet Black wrote: »
    Is there any way to practice flying? Seems the only way is online. I keep taking off and flying for a bit then ploughing into the ground. I was ok flying in BF1943 but the controls seem different in this.

you can practice chopper controls in the 2nd co-op mission. just repeat it with a friend swapping roles each time until you are both winged angels of death.

The jets are much more straight forward. Just remember until you unlock extinguishers you are essentially dead one once your hp goes below 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I have put up a tutorial video for Conquest mode, it should give you some good pointers.

Where is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Advertisement