Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine in France?

Options
  • 27-10-2011 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hello All. I'm organising a large event, would it be worth my while to got to france with say two vans to get the following.

350 Bottles of Wine (1/2 White and Red) of a decent quality
    100 Bottles of Prosecco/Champagne of a decent quality.

100 Bottles of Wine (1/2 White and Red) of a better quality
    30 Bottles of Prosecco/Champagne of a better quality.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Hey thanks,

It does seem to be alot cheaper, as the quantity is so. Have you any idea how much excise/vat would be on these and the cost of getting wine from cherbourg to galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hargo

Do your research and buy here and you will come out ahead. For instance Faustino V was on sale in Tesco at the weekend for €7.50 a bottle including all discounts. That cost €9 to €10 in Spain and Spain is cheaper to buy than France.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

hargo wrote: »
    Do your research and buy here and you will come out ahead. For instance Faustino V was on sale in Tesco at the weekend for €7.50 a bottle including all discounts. That cost €9 to €10 in Spain and Spain is cheaper to buy than France.

I'm looking at wine which starts at €2.60, this is a very big bulk buy so will not be buying from Tesco probably!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

From recent visiits to France , Lidl France (does not have LIDL on the lable )wine starts at 1.6e a bottle, didn't try it , so cant say what is like
    Last week Carrefour had a 2 4 1 on Bordeaux, 4€ for two bottles and it was excellent

Wine is often sold in Fr in 5l or 10l boxes, v easy to transport and cheaper than bottles , and unlike here, just because it's in a box, does not mean it is rubbish

Bubbly, Champs did not seem that cheap,
    however Cremant D'limoux or similar bubbly 6 euro p bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

http://pichetforyou.com/

Try the above link - They recently supplied Red & White wine for a party I was at and it was excellent and very reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

Crémant du Jura in Aldi @ 9.99 is EXCELLENT STUFF
    Good substitute for Champagne, next region to Champagne but cant be called Champagne becuase it's not from the Champagne region but same stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Gin77

Good wine does not mean expensive it depends on your taste. I live in France and I buy table wine 6euro for 4 bottles and its lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Ned_led16

Hi there,
    Were going to Potiers then - Bordeaux - then Biaritz - where can i get good table wine for 1.60 a bottle or good 10 liter caskets?

-Lidl
    -Aldi
    -Carfore
    -Auchan
    -Shops by the ferry terminal

Can you buy 50 cases of 6 bottles of wine in shops by the ferry @ that price?

• Advertisement
Advertisement